League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Better nerf Evelynn (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3011813)

Tryce Maxwell 01-17-2013 01:20 AM

Better nerf Evelynn

Remember when Evelynn got her long awaited rework? Remember how people thought it wasn't even that good? They looked at her kit and thought. It's kinda cool, But the invisible nerf is too much, she'll never be viable!

Then she started using a DFG, suddenly she's OP, and her ult gets nerfed twice. Normally you don't nerf people who aren't viable. Unless of course, you have forum QQ about how someone is OP. Personally I don't think a nerf was ever necessary after her rework. She was balanced just the way she was.

Yuan Shikai 01-17-2013 01:24 AM

Yes, a nerf WAS necessary, she was INCREDIBLY easy to facestomp with, had cost-free scaling due to her insane ult.

Even before the recent nerf, Eve had the highest possible gap between risk/reward in the whole game, namely NO RISK AT ALL/INSANELY HUGE REWARD and was impossible tu shut down cause she would just go to other lanes to rape those.

Boxing Tiger 01-17-2013 01:40 AM

This nerf is awful, for the few that did play her, they enjoyed it and practiced. Once they got good enough to get fed riot comes along and says Oh she's way too powerful when she's fed. every champion is powerful when their fed. before the nerf eve was fun for me, but now the double-nerf has caused her ult to just suck, and they've successfully ruined her. defiantly not going to be playing her anyone, probably refund my skin too.

ArcaneAddiction 01-17-2013 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuan Shikai (Hozzászólás 33574595)
Yes, a nerf WAS necessary, she was INCREDIBLY easy to facestomp with, had cost-free scaling due to her insane ult.

Even before the recent nerf, Eve had the highest possible gap between risk/reward in the whole game, namely NO RISK AT ALL/INSANELY HUGE REWARD and was impossible tu shut down cause she would just go to other lanes to rape those.

err...no risk? As Evelynn? She is squishy as heck and has to go into melee range for a kill much of the time. It's just asking to get surprise cc'ed and murdered. I don't know who you play with, but when I play Evelynn, guess what happens? Jungle either keeps a close eye on the minimap or camps bottom and pops out when I go to gank and makes life not so fun. And if I disappear from mid, any mid with half a brain will look at the minimap and see that I've obviously gone to gank an over-pushed lane. They will follow or do their best to kill my turret. Either way, not so face-stompy. Evelynn is easily countered by a little bit of strategy on the part of the enemy team. Always has been. Is it Evelynn's fault that most people have no clue how to deal with her and QQ about it to no end? And now thanks to that QQing, Evelynn has no killing power at all. All risk, no reward. What in the world is the point of an assassin who can't pop out of the bush, burst someone to death, and walk away? An almost-assassin can't exactly help her team much.

Tryce Maxwell 01-17-2013 03:24 AM

Don't get me wrong. I'm not debating the nerf. I never used her ult as a finisher anyway. Since I build her AD. I'm just saying it's hilarious how retroactive Riot is.

They work so hard on buffing, or reworking a champion. Then go right back around and nerf the **** out of them once they get popular again.

Peligrad 01-17-2013 04:03 AM

There is a difference between a champion being "popular" and "overpowered". Riot nerfs champions for the latter...not the former.

Eve was over powered. Her ban % and win % prove it...

This is just like the Irellia nerf...

All the noobs come on and QQ "She sucks" "Refund" "She's bad" and I sit there and go...

No there is just some counter play now...you just can't face roll every other champion in the game and carry without skill now...

Same applies here...

Irellia is still competitive (and very strong)....Eve will be too.

(And yes, they gave Irellia a micro buff once since her nerf...it was like 100 hp and 5 AD by level 18 or something tiny...don't even try to say that this tiny buff is what made her viable again...)

MasterZedd 01-17-2013 04:04 AM

Honestly, I don't think this nerf was a killer for Eve. She still packs a killer punch, they BUFFED her other abilities ad ratios and the only real "nerf" was to change her ult to current hp from max hp.
OH MAN now you can't instakill a tank with 6000 life when they are at 50%(this is the reason for the change.) Really though, her ult was designed to be an initiator considering the shield and now they made it act more like one. She is still a great champ, you just need to revise your play style a tiny tiny bit.

Technician Tim 01-17-2013 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tryce Maxwell (Hozzászólás 33574538)
Remember when Evelynn got her long awaited rework? Remember how people thought it wasn't even that good? They looked at her kit and thought. It's kinda cool, But the invisible nerf is too much, she'll never be viable!

Then she started using a DFG, suddenly she's OP, and her ult gets nerfed twice. Normally you don't nerf people who aren't viable. Unless of course, you have forum QQ about how someone is OP. Personally I don't think a nerf was ever necessary after her rework. She was balanced just the way she was.

you obviously have never fought an evelyn that could run up to you, invisible, and suddenly hit you for 70% of your max hp....it doesnt matter of youre DPS ashe or fully stacked ChoGath, you lose 70%....if thats not OP then what is man?...then consider its AoE..

Technician Tim 01-17-2013 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxing Tiger (Hozzászólás 33574837)
every champion is powerful when their fed. .

while this is true, theres a difference between say a fed talon/akali/katarina that can be avoided, or at least CC'd and bursted

fed eve, couldnt be avoided, cause of the free ghost she has, and the fact that, you know, you cant ****ing see her...then she runs up to your team, takes about half HP from everyone inside her circle of immense death, slows them, gets a massive shield that makes rivens and vis look like a minion hp bar, then she cna simply pick your team apart

so yeah eve snowballed a bit too hard,

and you said people practiced her and got good? thats like the people that say they practice xin all day and are pro with him, yes tell me more about how hard these right clickers are to play...

yay riot for nerfing most of the stupid champs all at once, and ty for diana's fix

CrapBoii 01-17-2013 04:20 AM

i agree, she needed nerfs, but this one is too much. The % of current health really screws it up otherwise itd be fine :|