League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   @RIOT Flask Price. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3011738)

ZeroShift 01-17-2013 12:25 AM

@RIOT Flask Price.

I understand making Flask cost more cause you buffed its effects, but consider supports for a second please. I would usually start flask +4 wards on my gp10 supports, but with the price as it is now I come 25 gold short if i want to go flask +3 wards. Please consider fixing the price to 300 at the least...

By the way, because of this I have to start fairy or regrowth now... Thanks a lot riot, i love playing a passive game.

Leaver 01-17-2013 12:26 AM

start regrowth + faerie + 2 wards, that's what I do and I'm the worst support ever

ZeroShift 01-17-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaver (Hozzászólás 33573757)
start regrowth + faerie + 2 wards, that's what I do and I'm the worst support ever

thats nice. I like to ward heavy early to prevent ganks or make fb somewhere on the map for my team. 2 wards isn't enough for me, 3 is minimum.

Especially if your jungle asks for wards on their buffs. If you go 2 wards you have 1 ward for your own lane. GG if you put it in the wrong spot.

Arklain 01-17-2013 12:30 AM

>Doesn't want to play passively, sits in lane with free rechargeable pots and wards for days.

ZeroShift 01-17-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arklain (Hozzászólás 33573832)
>Doesn't want to play passively, sits in lane with free rechargeable pots and wards for days.

Flask is for lulu, which is very dependant on mana. Also for my zyra. You're welcome to look at my stats. I'm probably one of the least passive players out there. Unfortunately solo q is riddled with passive adc's in 1600s, so theres nothing i can do about that. Flask can serve as regen for doing double golems on blue side as well, as well as get me out of sticky spots where I go to hard on their adc. Why hate man..

Absolute 42 01-17-2013 12:46 AM

Flask regen allows supports to be more aggressive. They can go in for trades, tank some damage, use their abilities, and still be fine because flask. That's a good thing for botlane because it makes it more dynamic and rewards smart aggression that makes damage stick on enemy adcs while the support can regen.

Zoram 01-17-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZerřShift (Hozzászólás 33573782)
thats nice. I like to ward heavy early to prevent ganks or make fb somewhere on the map for my team. 2 wards isn't enough for me, 3 is minimum.

Especially if your jungle asks for wards on their buffs. If you go 2 wards you have 1 ward for your own lane. GG if you put it in the wrong spot.

your elo and his are vastly different. lower elo doesn't see lots of invasion.

Nores 01-17-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaver (Hozzászólás 33573757)

Maybe thats why you are such **** support lol

Essat 01-17-2013 12:59 AM

Nothing is stopping you from buying potions instead of the flask.

They're basically making an opportunity cost for hedging early game which is good. Flask paid for itself effectively on the first back which was just stupid design for an early game item.

If you want to go offensive bot lane, buy what you buy currently for any offensive lane. A bunch of potions and wards.

There should be an opportunity cost for everything, and the cost of being able to sustain aggression is delaying your early game build. Flask broke that math because for most heroes you effectively started the game with a g/10 item.

8 potions 3 wards + biscuit + ghost ward not enough regen for you to be aggressive?

Xyltin 01-17-2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZerřShift (Hozzászólás 33573748)
I understand making Flask cost more cause you buffed its effects, but consider supports for a second please. I would usually start flask +4 wards on my gp10 supports, but with the price as it is now I come 25 gold short if i want to go flask +3 wards. Please consider fixing the price to 300 at the least...

By the way, because of this I have to start fairy or regrowth now... Thanks a lot riot, i love playing a passive game.

Morello said something that they want to have the machete + flask build if possible as a starting option (with utility +50g mastery).
Machete will probably get cheaper (i don't think below 200g)

525g- 200g = 325g

So it is possible that the flask will go down to 325g.