League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Smart casting on all champions? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3011447)

Eluniq 01-16-2013 09:44 PM

Smart casting on all champions?

Ryze is probably my main now and I also play alot of adcs like Vayne and Twitch and I also use smart cast for them too. So instead of regular casts I put my QWER as all smart cast and wanted to know if its better to have it off for adcs and other roles and if its bad to not use it for ryze. What do you guys think?

kavinh the third 01-16-2013 10:52 PM

smartcast is generally good for every champion except for those with strange spell ranges like veigar's e and alistar's w since improving ur reaction time is never a bad thing.

Sarise 01-17-2013 12:26 AM

Even with Veigar and Ali it just takes a little practice to get used to the smartcasting. So with veigar you know his stun field will come down in the radius around the point your mouse is currently located, instead of the exact location.

I smart cast every single champion and spell that I play. I'm unsure how champions like Rumble and Viktor work out with their click and drag type stuff - I don't play them. But for most champions it's a good thing to get used to. The only thing slightly annoying about it is on ally or self casting abilities, sometimes (rarely) I accidentally target a minion when they're standing very close to it. And yes, I'm too lazy to change those particular spells off smartcast. I instead learn that if it's absolutely crucial I hit this ability on the right person at the right time, I target their player frame in the top left, so I know I won't miss.

Lycanblu 01-17-2013 05:01 AM

You should avoid Smartcast on long cooldown skillshots like lux, morgana, global ultimates, and things similar to those, sometimes being able to see the exact range afforded to you while you plan your shot, makes it much easier to lead your target using the arrow guide.

That and sometimes You realize a second too late that your mouse is in the wrong spot, or you should have held off for a second for a better chance at hitting.

xHeimtechZX 01-19-2013 06:03 AM

I have everything smartcast. Though, I also keep the smartcast range indicator on as well (you hold the ability to see it). Theoretically, it should be just as fast without smartcast (while easy spells to use such as placing Heimerdinger's turrets should be faster). I don't really need the smartcast range indicator, but its there :)

fletche00 01-19-2013 06:35 AM

I tried smartcast on Vayne/Irelia, and it messed wtih their abilities, not being able to see their range was semi detrimental, and when I want Irelias to Q, and I thought they were in range, and she had to run forward to do it, instead of me inching forward to make it more fluid, it ruined my flow.

Personally, I dont use smart cast, and I dont have a problem hitting my skill shots, but that is the style I am use to playing, I guess it just depends on the person playing.