League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Art Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Universal Annie Rework Thread (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3009856)

grimphoenix 01-16-2013 04:26 PM

The Universal Annie Rework Thread

Hello,
I am here today to try to organise all the people who do not like things about the new Annie rework, and combine as many threads into one as possible. The general concensus is that the goth skin is the only one completely without flaws, though that is not to say it could not be improved.

I will be putting up a list of problems and some suggested solutions for the good folks at riot who make this game so great, I will go with solutions that seem like they will work but require the minimum of effort for riot staff. If you want your problem + fix combo on the main post just comment with it and ill add it. Thanks.

Model
1, Tibbers looks to be falling apart, I recommend replacing the little bandage cross things with actual stitching in a tight cross weave, that way it will look like Tibbers is sown together instead of falling apart.
2. The panties, you do not want to change an iconic part of the champion? that was it, if you must you can make it a check box in the options panel, somewhere near the curse filter, for those who may be insulted.
3. She looks old and frankly a bit crotchety, I propose a couple small shading texture changes,
one, brighten up the eye liner and make it thinner, leave it in, it has a nice effect, but it is a bit too blatant right now.
Two, bring up the sides of her mouth, Annie always seemed like the little pyromaniac child, how could she NOT be happy burning people alive?
Three, round out her cheeks, the steep curve you have now suggests that she has gone through puberty. the old model had rounder cheeks, this is the most notable difference between the new and old when closely compared.
4. Her arms are a bit out of wack, I suggest bringing her arms to approximately %125 of present thickness and widening the elbows slightly to make them match the arms better.

Partacles & sounds (write up courtesy of MinamoChan, props to you, check her thread for more in depth info on annies skills and effects http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3021417 )
Her Q:
Old: Three black circles were in the center of the fireball and when they landed was when they did damage.
New: Now just a "fireball", but feels more like a wave. Not clear when it lands, so that feeling of doing damage is lost.
Her W: Honestly, her W doesn't even look like fire anymore; it's just a red wave compared to her old W.
Old: If you pause the video, you can see red, orange, and yellow "circles" that form a cone of fire together, also, if you land your W, you can see flames coming off of the enemy.
New: The cone is composed of odd "boomerang" shapes that are yellow and orange, layered above some red. It doesn't look very much like real fire. Landing your W does not show flames coming off of the enemy.
Her Ult: Riot, why? You said that you wanted to retain characteristics of a champion that made them who they were, but improve them. You completely took this away from Annie. Annie players get that satisfying feeling of summoning a huge bear on fire on top of the enemies and dealing massive damage. Anyone who's played against Annie knows that feeling of getting your face smashed in by Tibbers. Everyone knows that Annie drops her bear Tibbers when she summons him. So why is that in her update, Tibbers no longer "drops". Now, his animation makes him appear up. The best feeling you get as an Annie player is dropping her bear in the middle of the enemy team and stunning them all. Riot, you ripped that away from us.
Her Passive, Auto Attack, and E: Honestly, I have no complaints about these, and even think some had improvements.

Once again, comment here if you want me to add another problem + fix to the list
I did my best to give a precise summary of the majority of problems, and remember riot cant ignore a reasonable post with enough upvotes.
Thank you all, M.

grimphoenix 01-16-2013 04:58 PM

got my first suggestion in a post game earlier, updated the list with it.

Bioness 01-16-2013 07:28 PM

My only gripe is her face does look way too old and evil and with the Tibbers change the art no longer matches.

RedtheCrimson 01-16-2013 08:28 PM

I like the new annie model a lot. The only weird part is her face, I agree with a lot of people that it makes her look like an adult. Her textures are so much better though. And tibbers is sick as hell.

JevelFaithful 01-17-2013 01:17 PM

My only bug is tibber's general look. He looks like he's a bag about to burst when the original one actually looked like a stuffed bear with a clear head and shape. New one looks like a really badly made doll honnestly.

grimphoenix 01-18-2013 08:18 AM

refined the post slightly to take out some more extreme changes people seemed not to like

grimphoenix 01-18-2013 06:18 PM

any more thoughts?

MinamoChan 01-20-2013 08:16 AM

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...nnie+particles

In my opinion, I really feel like the particles in the rework aren't as good as they could be. While they're definitely nicer to look at because of the brighter colors, the quality itself isn't very good. My argument is that the new Panda Annie skin looks perfect in everyway, yet the other reworked skins don't look as good. Riot is basically forcing us to buy the Panda Annie skin. I added a link to my thread, since it basically falls under the same category as yours: the Annie rework just isn't as good as it should be.

Kosheh 01-20-2013 12:36 PM

What gets me about the rework that I've seen so far is really not Annie herself - I like how they actually fixed up the particles so they're not as mishmosh. What gets me though is the hit-confirm sounds - they're like offensively loud.

It's like that loud THUD Brand's ult makes when it's bouncing off enemies...but there, it's appropriate. Hearing it every 4 seconds when Annie's hitting something with her Q is a little over the top.

Like I get it, she's an entry-level champ and the THUD confirms you're hitting your target, but it's just a tad too loud still. @_@

grimphoenix 01-20-2013 09:38 PM

updated the post