League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Will cho be nerfed? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3008841)

imanoobyesiam 01-16-2013 12:51 PM

Will cho be nerfed?

just asking cus im thinking bout getting battlecast cho'gath as my 1st skin and it costs a lot of rp dont want cho to be nerfed badly cus he was used a lot in the pervious tourn.

HateDaddy 01-16-2013 01:15 PM

It's hard to say really. Personally, I don't think he should be nerfed as he's in a very good place. And if you were to nerf him, what exactly would you target? His sustain? Any further nerfs to that risks breaking him. His ratios are fine and his two CC abilities are skillshots with considerable casting times while being easily avoided (perhaps not his silence, just his rupture in that regard). Maybe removing the slow after you've come down from rupture? I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud here and trying to imagine what they'd actually nerf if they did.

I guess after discussing that with myself, they'd likely not nerf him?

EDIT: I'll tell you this though, I play a lot of Cho and he's an awesome champion and a lot of fun. The BCP Cho skin is pretty cool, my friend got it for me during the gifting period and I've come to love it as much as I love Gentlemen Cho. I'd say if you have the cash and you don't mind spending it, go for it.

Phoe Dragon 01-16-2013 03:17 PM

I don't think he should. If you look at his setup in general, he almost seems like he should be outclassed but he isn't. He's in a good place so I don't think a nerf is coming his way.

sepetaiya 01-16-2013 03:18 PM

lets buff cho since no one plays him anymore *rupture requires no skill to land* slows AND knocks up.

a balanced champ becomes op.

Zombiemaster 01-16-2013 04:31 PM

Well, he didn't get nerfed this patch. ATM, though, it is hard to say if he will be nerfed in the next patch because the next patch is weeks away.

LastLaughLol 01-16-2013 05:03 PM

Cho'gath is borderline OP. Same case as was, with Riven. He's got counterplay, but his base stats are too high.

TheHawtPotato 01-16-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sepetaiya (Hozzászólás 33553062)
lets buff cho since no one plays him anymore *rupture requires no skill to land* slows AND knocks up.

a balanced champ becomes op.

lets shut your mouth till you actually read the guys post

Togekiss24 01-16-2013 05:10 PM

Cho does not need to be touched. Ever.

alfavhunter 01-16-2013 05:15 PM

they nerfed him a patch or 2 ago, reduced his hp gain from hiss passive by about 20%, this hurt cho a bit but it wasnt an overnerf in any way, just weakened him a little, which is all he really needed, he is fine how he is now though and will likely not get changed unless an unforseen item comp makes him op

Aroph 01-16-2013 07:38 PM

His passive's minimum gain got lowered even more, recently. He doesn't have a gap closer, it's pretty easy to predict where the typical Cho'Gath will lay his Rupture. Most likely in front of you or as close to you as he can get.

Just some easy harass on him early game to shut him down and his stacks. He has pretty bad mana problems with Rupture(main damager until ulit), and his passive isn't efficient enough to help with that.

Also, his ultimate requires him to be right next to his target, which is hard to land on the right targets during team fights when there's a constant stream of CC and damage coming onto you.