League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   PVP.net Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ranked games (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3008413)

DietaryFiber1 01-16-2013 11:09 AM

Ranked games

sucks

Arcticfury 01-16-2013 12:19 PM

You seem to be above average in League of Legends, but your math is off. First, let's say you never leave. Then statistically you should win due to leavers 25% more often than you lose. If someone is going to leave there is a 44.5% he will be on your team and a 55.5% that he'll be on the opposing team. That means if you get to add 400 to your ELO you must then subtract 500 ELO afterwards.

Secondly your logic is off. You are probably bouncing around the 1540-1570 ELO range right now, if you never had a leaver on your side you would have theoretically won that game in your scenario. That means your ELO would rise, then you'd be paired with better players causing your chances of losing the subsequent game much higher, and if you somehow won that game you would more likely lose the following. This would continue with you bouncing around 1560, going maybe 40-50 higher and lower, but always migrating back.

So 35.7% of your losses are from leavers and 44.6% of your wins are.

Now I know you are going to argue this, but the statistics are accurate, they are statistically calculated, that means there is a chance you may have actually won more due to leavers or even less. But the more games you play the more closely you will align to the statistics.

So, to refute this you must first explain why you believe you are paired with leavers more than against. Using reason and logic, please explain how Riot has developed a system that can predict your fate of being placed with a leaver more often than not, when there is a 55.5% chance they'll be on the other team. Simple math here, 5/9

Troa 01-16-2013 03:00 PM

Using a fictitious system based on averages does not prove a point. Nor does repeatedly saying "retarded".

Lastly, to actually address the point, which you only said in the last three lines(the rest was frankly irrelevant), you SHOULD use the reporting system. Trolls are an issue, so go to one of the threads that are discussing it and post something useful, don't whine about the only current method of dealing with it unless you have a suggestion. And there will not be compensation, there never has been. Stop raging and get off the computer for awhile.

Devious Rogue 01-16-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DietaryFiber1 (Hozzászólás 33556136)
Im saying there should be compensation because tehre never has been one

You have been compensated by having leavers on the other team giving you free wins and ELO.

Thank you and have a nice day.

:)

Dane Belthound 01-16-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devious Rogue (Hozzászólás 33562539)
You have been compensated by having leavers on the other team giving you free wins and ELO.

Sorry to burst your bubble but there is no probability god out there that makes it so you have the same amount. I have kept track this season and the amount of leavers on my team has been roughly triple. That number doesn't count the immense feeders who go 2/10. This is simply afk/dc people.

Devious Rogue 01-16-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dane Belthound (Hozzászólás 33563893)
Sorry to burst your bubble but there is no probability god out there that makes it so you have the same amount. I have kept track this season and the amount of leavers on my team has been roughly triple. That number doesn't count the immense feeders who go 2/10. This is simply afk/dc people.

Please address any questions regarding matchmaking probability to:
TheSystemIsNotPerfectAndASmallMinorityWillLoseOut@ riot.com

For enquiries as to what Riot is doing to remedy the situation, please email:
NobodyCareBecauseItsWorkingOutForTheMajority@ riot.com

If you want to speak with other members of the community who have experienced similar problems and voiced similar concerns, please visit:
PeopleHaveBeenAskingForThisForYearsAndTheyHaveBeen IgnoredOrRejectedByRiotEveryTime.com

tubbeebucket222 01-17-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DietaryFiber1 (Hozzászólás 33543172)
My elo is currently 1558 and I played total of 60 ranked games and lost 28 games
but out of those 28 games that I lost, 10 games were because of the leavers.
it means that more than one third of the games that I lost was because of the leavers.
and I know this because I posted comments on the support everytime I met leaver in ranked
lemme convert that to elo 10 times 20 = 200 elo BOOM
and lets say I won that game because trollers didn't leave. 200 times 2 BOOM 400 elo
Every time I meet leavers, I waste my time, elos, and get pissed off
I am pretty sure if it occurs this often, literally one third of losing game, that menas your system is somewhat retarded
but everytime I post comment on the support, they just tell me to use reporting system.
LOL?
ok lets say I reported troller and he got banned. NOW WHAT?
Idc what happens to him I only care about my elos and my time wasted

you guys need to institute the system other than retarded reporting system
so that victims of players can properly acquire compensation

Listen kid, you said 10 times of your loss is because of leavers? Then what about the 68 ranked games you won? Some of those games you might have gotten free elo because of leavers from the other team which pretty much mean the same.

Rage, QQ inc.

Chasing Ghosts 01-17-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DietaryFiber1 (Hozzászólás 33550749)
um.. you're really good at making stuff up
im saying that from my experience not stupid guess that youre using

experiences are subjective. attempting to use numbers to describe your feelings is not gonna work.

also who is to say if that leaver didnt leave that you would have won those games? throws happen 5v5 all the time. often people leave because they do poorly and dont know how to react so they leave. seeing how many of them are doing poorly, you would infact lose a majority of those games anyways.

Arcticfury 01-17-2013 06:50 AM

Well we all know the trolls and leavers are always on out team, we never win because they are on the other team, it's a proven fact. The other 5 players on the other team are make believe you see, they aren't real, they are all part of a huge conspiracy to lower the net ELO of the community and only allow high RP spenders to advance in ELO. Riot has developed a system that strategically places no less than 1 troll or leaver on our teams. Riot is so advanced in this complex algorithm that they can predict a leaver with 100% accuracy. This prediction system could win the Lottery, but then it'd come out and the government would shut down the game and throw them all in a bunker 1 mile below the Earth's surface in the New Mexico desert. So Riot has decided it better to use this system to raise the RP purchasing rather than their prediction system to come out public.

There is a small rumor going around that Riot's system was leaked to the producers of the Batman movie and this is why "Sandy Hook" was on the map 1:58 into the movie, predicting the very tragic shooting. These are facts my friend, Riot is so advanced they have decided, through their prediction system, what our end ranked ELO will be, and now that this has come out, they have developed a League/Division system and a hidden ELO to cover it up. It's a proven fact, the OP is correct, he has never won due to a troll or leaver. The OP should be at 1956 ELO because he really is that good.