League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Katarina just aint what she uset to be? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=30084)

unosnow 11-29-2009 05:26 PM

Katarina just aint what she uset to be?

katarina just aint what she uset to be. late game she really cant do much unless you go a HP build in which base she cant do much anyway but maybe get a shup in with a slow item to slow down a hero. other then that her ultimate is pretty weak unless u sacrafice serius defense to power it up in which case u can just get focused down.
what u guys think is the best way to play this hero late game cuz i rly like her and i dont wana buy a new hero like shucco to get a better effectiveness. i would rather stick with kat

What i have tried.

HP build, not enough attack power in the end
AP build, just not even close to enough defense to be effective.
physical dmg build w/ life steal prolly the best ive been able to do so far.

SpyderMonkey 11-29-2009 08:32 PM

I've seen her quite a bit in recent games and all used well. I've done a pre-form team that used Amumu to lock enemies down, Kayle to invulnerable Katarina while she uses death blossom that pretty much is an i-win button. :)

KYNB23 11-30-2009 09:24 AM

She is tooo awsome

At first when i saw katarina i thought to my self another stealthy mofo to deal with in my lanes. then i gave her a try and i just cant resist playing as her she is too awsome. Forget playing ap build or health build u want mainly dps with alittle early hp in early game start by giving her vamp scepter or a pendant of regrowth. leave the vamp scept alone and build a warmogs armor then just save ur money for a bf sword. u want to stay in lanes as long as possible for xp and and money since u never have to worry bout mp being low. once u get the sword build the bloodthirster this will keep u in your lane really long and make u untouchable remember to always work for last hits on minions use what ever abilitys u have available next after those 2 get your self a rylais scepter this will make ur ult awsome and all ur other abilities will now slow your target too. after the scepter work for the infinity edge then grab the banshe veil then lastly get boots of swiftness or what ever u need acording to the battle. i always get boots with her last cuz she can move so easily with her shunpo. u can use ur shunpo on ur own minions to port away from damage and chasing champions. also reminder if u r build a rune page for her build one with a half half brutality and celerity with 2 of 3 quints being brutality. all of this will make u unstopable. also try and shy away from fighting in lanes with ranged champions or disablers unless u have one in ur lane try n fight in lanes with meele champion opponets.

if u have any other questions bout her just reply to my post

nicosharp 11-30-2009 09:27 AM

she offers little to a 5man push, if the other team has silence, and/or stun which they usually do, and most save it for her. I love seeing Kat on the opposing team, and sometimes will dread games if someone picks it on mine. It pretty much means 4v5 late game, but it does force the enemy to dedicate 1 person to save a stun/silence for when she shows up.

That being said, a farmed Kat can win games too just by counter pushing solo, and she has one of the best early games if played right.

goldemerald 11-30-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicosharp (Hozzászólás 332437)
she offers little to a 5man push, if the other team has silence, and/or stun which they usually do, and most save it for her. I love seeing Kat on the opposing team, and sometimes will dread games if someone picks it on mine. It pretty much means 4v5 late game, but it does force the enemy to dedicate 1 person to save a stun/silence for when she shows up.

That being said, a farmed Kat can win games too just by counter pushing solo, and she has one of the best early games if played right.

little to a 5man push? if anyone on the other team gets stunned, easy "W" "E" "R" then its 5v4. Then there is that one kat (me) who just shunpo's in and sucides to get em all down 40%.

My build is mixed, but mostly attack:
Since Q scales with attack, pushing is super easy since you can "W" "Q" and get all the creeps down to 20% HP.

anyway this is my build (and build order) but I don't know the names of everything just what they do.
Lifesteal
mercury treads
bloodthirster
crystal rod (works well with all abilities)
250% crit super expensive item.

I hardly get far enough into any game to buy more so its whatever you feel will do the best (like if they have a lot of tanks you would want some armor pen stuff).

nicosharp 11-30-2009 12:25 PM

no offense gold, cause kat is good in some situations, but in a 5 man push she fails if no one gets caught outside of the groups area..
Also, I played against you last night, so small hi. (I'm pretty sure we beat you and you were on Kat, but I did have 2 loses 8 wins last night, so perhaps you were 1 of the lucky 2 teams. My memory is bad)

Ubarax 11-30-2009 01:10 PM

I play Katarina most games and I don't find her useless at all late game. It could just be the Kats You've played with but I do pretty well with her. Just have to time her ult after all the stuns/silences are used and put urself in a good position to hit the most enemies.
AP has been out for a long time. Way to go is fast Warmogs then dmg. Plenty of survivability while putting out some mean damage.

Gilthane 11-30-2009 03:38 PM

Kat can be good in some situations, but be absolute **** in others. What I found is that Kat can be really good if you're winning, or is fed, while when you're losing, she is pretty much totally useless. Most of the time too, is that you find you dont do enough damage to really make a difference in a fight.

Dont get me wrong though, when she is fed, or has all her items, higher lvl etc. she can be a dominating force. I have played games where I could wipe all 5 out with 1 or 2 teamates. She is just too random, its hard to make a comeback with her and you pretty much have to rely on teamates late game if you're losing while other characters can still be good even if they're losing.

banduan 11-30-2009 04:28 PM

heh

these threads worry me cos I just recently bought Kat. She seemed fun.

BUT VOICE OMG

KYNB23 12-02-2009 08:09 AM

well if u get banshee veil atleast the first stun they toss at yo ass will get voided out