League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Help & Support (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Random Freeze requires restart (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3006704)

ScriptKiddie 01-15-2013 10:05 PM

Random Freeze requires restart

Hello.

Im going to be as responsive as possible in this thread to try to get everything fixed as league is so much fun for me it literally hurts to not be able to play.

Recently ive had issues with league. During a game (it appears to be quite randomly as i can sometimes go 3,4 games to 3,4 times a game with/without it happenning) my game freezes and crashes.

now, i dont mean the client crashes. i mean the video straight up freezes, i cant hear my friends on skype but thats it. i get a black screen where i loose all control (no mouse/keyboard inputs work) and am forced to hard reboot in order to fix it.

yesterday i got my first "Leaver" ive ever received in any mode but bots vs ai (had 2 instances where i lost power to the whole house in bot matches >.<) which has put a huge priority on fixing this.

Recently i had a harddrive issue and formated windows 8 since it was time for an upgrade and this has been going on ever since. no other games have had this issue.

PLEASE let me know what info you need in order to help me fix this detrimental problem.

Spartan Arkantho 01-16-2013 05:47 AM

hello i have the same problem freeze Black/brown/green Screen and music run cool in background cant do ctrl alt del just hard reset

Aregionius 01-16-2013 06:08 AM

Fat,

I'd start by checking your Windows Error Reporting log. Sometimes a hard freeze like that won't report anything, but sometimes you'll be able to get some good info about what's happening.

Until you get this resolved, I'd recommend playing in only Custom Games which are not regulated by LeaverBuster.

OmenOfPlague 01-16-2013 07:03 AM

Same problem here .. i was reading about "Pando Boost Media" ... is seems that this program can cause freeze like this .... when i get back to home i will try this ....

I read this in other treath.

"It does not affect FPS directly, but it does indirectly. For example when you start a match and hover your mouse over your passive ability first time in that match it may have possibility to freeze the game for a moment to load the image and description of that ability. It may be a larger problem in a teamfight, can cause similar effect when using your ultimate for the first time in that match. Or more RAM usage can affect other various things in game, like you will have sudden freezes, or you will start to have spikes in your FPS. Pando Media Booster is not performance friendly at all, especially not with older PCs."
Good luck

Riot Morgageddon 01-16-2013 07:09 AM

Are any of you running SSDs?

OmenOfPlague 01-16-2013 07:25 AM

no .... old school hard drive here

I can play boorderlands 2 wiht high setings for hours fluid and without any problem..... and lol freeze randomly :S

ScriptKiddie 01-16-2013 08:02 AM

@Aregionius looking at the Event Viewer i can conclude that ive no idea what im doing. anything specific i should be looking for?

@Morgageddon no solid state drives in my machine.

Riot Morgageddon 01-16-2013 08:05 AM

Hmm. When I get a black screen and audio playing but nothing else, that's when my GPU crashes. It happens a lot when I install new games and run them, expecting to play without updating my drivers (since I do that like twice a year. The GPU cannot handle the new game, and it pumps out the audio while failing to create the video. Then my PC crashes and I have to reboot). Have either of you recently updated your graphics card drivers?

OmenOfPlague 01-16-2013 08:08 AM

Last version driver.

ScriptKiddie 01-16-2013 08:15 AM

@OmenOfPlague & @Morgageddon Video card up to date 100%. normally im similar and dont update often, but since the errors, ive updated with no avail.

*Edit* going to work, but ill be keeping an eye on the thread of anyone has anything to ask or imput and will answer best i can while gone.