League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   @People who thought Steel Legion Lux was too military and should be girly (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3006556)

Defiant1 01-15-2013 09:15 PM

@People who thought Steel Legion Lux was too military and should be girly

What you think Lux is:

"Double rainbow? What does it mean?..."

What Lux is:

"Well, a "double rainbow" is a phenomenon of optics that displays a spectrum of light due to the sun shining on droplets of moisture in the atmosphere. Does that explain it?"

Cold hard logic. That bubbly personality is only surface deep, she is actually really intelligent, calculating, and devoted to serving Demacia as any true soldier would be.

Her quote is even on the mouse over tooltip of the ping button because she is all about tactics.

Check out this page and look at her quotes, every single one is something a soldier would say with a bit of her light mage theme sprinkled in. You just focus too hard on her voice and appearance which seem cute but when you really look it's all soldier.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Lux/Background

A quote from the lore on the wikia page:
"Her colorful attire and disarming smile would fool any ignorant passerby, but the ease with which she wears her battle armor would give any seasoned warrior pause."

I hope Riot doesn't try to go the wrong direction with Lux just because Lux casuals want her to be all cutesy. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they did because in my humble opinion they have been on a champion ruining streak for a while (RIP old Twitch/Katarina). Steel Legion Lux looked amazing from what I saw in the youtube video of it and I was ready to instabuy it. Riot has plenty of other female champions they can cute-ify that may actually fit their lore and quotes. Lux ain't one. That is all.

Defiant1 01-15-2013 09:27 PM

fast board

TuxedoMask95 01-15-2013 09:40 PM

So? Can we actually get a bubbly skin for once? Did we really need ANOTHER cold hard skin?

I don't care that Lux was meant to be this cold, militaristic girl. She comes across as bubbly and cute, and since we don't really have any that convey this outside of Sorcerer (Spellthief doesn't do this imo), is it too much to ask for one?

I'm not saying that Steel Legion was bad, it was good and high quality, but having a 3rd military-esque skin in a row just doesn't ring well when there are other channels and ideas.

k0die 01-16-2013 07:32 AM

she is a calculating champ, (she needs excellent aim to use well) but she does have a 'cutesy, girlish' aspect to her personality. seems to me she tries to suppress it. in her background she was *forced* into the military. and as a girl i feel like we kind of need more girly characters. Ahri and Kat aren't girly, they're more dangerous and deceitful

ArashiCrystal 01-16-2013 07:44 AM

Fan service is horrible character design in itself.

It's probably better if Lux just sticks with her millitary theme and be more unique than the multitudes of female champions who are all generally the same.

Voidgolem 01-16-2013 07:45 AM

I personally think GD should have zero input on art design outside of skins like Surprise Fiddlesticks/Astronautilus.

"GURR DIS SKIN DON FIT CHARACTER" - We have goddamn Gentleman Cho and Giant Crabgot. What does it matter if it 'Fits' or not?

Echous 01-16-2013 07:58 AM

It doesn't really matter to me because I HATE Lux

those laugh spamming fools who don't do anything for the team but shoot their ult from across the map to KS from the ADC that I'm trying to force feed the fed lee sin into.

I HATE THEM BUT!

Lux people really just complained because she has other military skins, understandable but really you were about to get a cool NEW skin with new animations and such, so what do you do?

You complain until they scrap it.

Truth be told seeing a light bubbly all girly "heyy heyy" kinda Lux would just be annoying.

You want a girly girl skin then go buy Teemo Annie Taric or Lulu and get them one of the "girly" "cutsie" skins you love.

Lux is shown as a cold calculating militaristic WOMAN OF POWER she gets her job done despite my hate for her when I see well played Luxs'.

I agree that skins don't need to fit the champion but a girly girl skin on Lux with her annoying girly laugh and constant bubbly look would just be over kill and if riot did make one(no doubt they will because riot has been bending over to people who mass complain for awhile now on what THEY as a company do) it would be over kill to something with a laugh that makes me want to kill the champion over the ADC despite how deep I have to go for her.

Mythoclast 01-16-2013 08:00 AM

That's not even a specific explanation of a double rainbow, that's an explanation of any rainbow. So we can see her cold, calculating, intelligence is only middle deep and at the core she is bubble again. But to be fair I think that the real complaint is she now inexplicably has THREE military uniforms. They want variety...I think.

The MechE 01-16-2013 08:00 AM

It wouldn't be so bad if Lux didn't already have a billion military skins.

Echous 01-16-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naland (Hozzászólás 33536892)
It wouldn't be so bad if Lux didn't already have a billion military skins.

True, but nobody can deny it was a cool looking skin and I know my friend who loves playing lux

was PUMPED for the animation changes.