League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   The Howling Abyss (ARAM) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Make ARAM truly Random (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3005394)

HeadHurtsAlot 01-15-2013 04:32 PM

Make ARAM truly Random

Whether you own the champion or not, all 100+ champions should be open for availability to get them in champ selection.

Zielmann 01-15-2013 04:39 PM

This is what I'm hoping for eventually. I feel like if they put in a matchmade queue, it should pick from the full roster, because it would be the most 'fair' across the board. Equal chance for everybody to get every champion.

WILL SMlTH 01-15-2013 04:48 PM

this could be unfair to the players who bought the champions.

Demonic Instinct 01-15-2013 04:49 PM

While I too would really enjoy this, I can honestly say that it is never going to happen. People who own a lot or all the champions and have paid for / earned them will complain, and if they did this, a small base of their consumers (the ones that mainly play aram) would have no reason to purchase champions.

HeadHurtsAlot 01-15-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Jacksôn (Hozzászólás 33513247)

Someone who owns every champion is essentially handicapped because they are more likely to get a less viable champion in PG.

Someone who owns 20 champs will have a better advantage.
#1 reason why people play ARAM on smurf accounts. Buy all the op ARAM champions and play PG and proceed to win.

Zielmann 01-15-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadHurtsAlot (Hozzászólás 33517064)
Someone who owns every champion is essentially handicapped because they are more likely to get a less viable champion in PG.

Someone who owns 20 champs will have a better advantage.
#1 reason why people play ARAM on smurf accounts. Buy all the op ARAM champions and play PG and proceed to win.

This is the biggest thing that this helps with. I feel like if there's a normal queue for the game, it should be to some extent for the 'serious' ARAM players. The most fair way to make it a true judge of skill (over the long term, not necessarily in a specific instance), is to make the random pick from the whole champion pool.

Perhaps it could be something only implemented in the queue. That's fine with me. Then the people with the smurfs full of the 'good' ARAM champs can go play all they want in custom games, while the rest of us enjoy the normal queue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Jacksôn (Hozzászólás 33513247)

Not really. The player still has access to every champion they have bought. If they don't have all of them, they just get more free content for that game. Unfair would be if you limited the champion pool for everybody such that a player doesn't even have access to every champion they have purchased.

And remember, this would only apply to the ARAM game mode, and not carry over into other game modes.

WoodGuard 01-15-2013 07:18 PM

There's also the problem of not knowing how to play certain champs. For example, I'd be playing a first time Elise. Yes, I technically know what all of her abilities do, I've watched her in play but you still wouldn't want me on your team, do you? It might lead to more fairness, but at the cost of actual balance. In my opinion it is fine as is. Especially since this probably would not be implemented in true custom games, and I couldn't therefore test every champion.

Makestro 01-15-2013 07:47 PM

Riot makes money selling champions and skins, I doubt they'll just let everyone have access to all the champs in the mode.

MrSlippery92 01-15-2013 08:31 PM

ARAM will never be truly random because not everyone will have all the champion. This is the same reason LoL will never fully have reverse draft, single draft, random draft, or all random unless you have an unlocked account with all the champs.

The Codyman 01-15-2013 11:02 PM

I am actually ok with this idea. no ability to quit, or leave timer ( 5 mins is fine ) and all champs, welcome to the thunderdome!

DONT OWN UDYR? GUESS WHO YOU GET!