League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Bug Reports (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Nocturne and Sivir shield blocking more than one spell. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3003611)

Stocketeer 01-15-2013 01:44 AM

Nocturne and Sivir shield blocking more than one spell.

Using lux, I will cast my ult then pop my lucent very promptly afterwards on a nocturne with a shield on.
His shield then will block BOTH abilities even though as it states in his abilities description,

'(Active): Nocturne creates a magical barrier for 1.5 seconds, which blocks the next enemy ability.

If an ability is blocked by the shield, Nocturne's passive attack speed bonus doubles for 5 seconds. '

Clearly states the NEXT ABILITY, with no plural. How can a bug like that even occur?

Same goes for Sivir's shield it says

'(Active): Creates a magical barrier that lasts up to 3 seconds which blocks a single enemy ability used on Sivir. If an ability is blocked by the shield, Sivir regains 150 mana. '

SERIOSULY I can re-create this bug on command, it's not something that happens once in a blue moon in that situation!

Bunsen MAAAN 01-15-2013 02:01 AM

bump for justice!

Crazy Guy 01-15-2013 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stocketeer (Hozzászólás 33493270)
Using lux, I will cast my ult then pop my lucent very promptly afterwards on a nocturne with a shield on.
His shield then will block BOTH abilities even though as it states in his abilities description,

'(Active): Nocturne creates a magical barrier for 1.5 seconds, which blocks the next enemy ability.

If an ability is blocked by the shield, Nocturne's passive attack speed bonus doubles for 5 seconds. '

Clearly states the NEXT ABILITY, with no plural. How can a bug like that even occur?

Same goes for Sivir's shield it says

'(Active): Creates a magical barrier that lasts up to 3 seconds which blocks a single enemy ability used on Sivir. If an ability is blocked by the shield, Sivir regains 150 mana. '

SERIOSULY I can re-create this bug on command, it's not something that happens once in a blue moon in that situation!

Could you provide a video of how to reproduce this issue?

Beldori 01-15-2013 03:02 PM

Did they have a banshee's veil? it lets them block a extra ability if they have it

Doctor Nick 01-15-2013 04:14 PM

Maybe the ult didn't get blocked, just didn't do much damage. Just a guess, idk. I play nocturne regularly and I have not encountered this even though you say it is common.

Cronovey 01-15-2013 04:19 PM

I believe this is actually a bug due to using 2 abilities at close to or the exact same time. I'm pretty sure it's mainly related to server/client latency.

Your client sends the attacks, their server receives both abilities at once, their enemy client says "Well hey, I'm spellshielded", and the server says "Well they happened at the same time, wut do?".

Vahal 01-15-2013 04:25 PM

I seem to recall that if two abilities hit within a very short time, both are negated. I can't remember where I've heard this, however, so I might be making things up.

EDIT: Awesome, apparently I know what I'm talking about!

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=711186

Vahal 01-15-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beldori (Hozzászólás 33509447)
Did they have a banshee's veil? it lets them block a extra ability if they have it

Actually, I think both are popped. As far as I know, there's no priority list for spell shields. Hit one, hit them all.

StrmCkr 01-15-2013 04:34 PM

spell shields block all spells that hit at the same time: this is not a bug but the way its coded by riot and has occurred for all spell shields including banshee's veil since season 1.

however if u have multiple spell shields they all break for the same 1 spell.

even riot has posted on this subject multiple times

Stocketeer 01-15-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrmCkr (Hozzászólás 33512706)
spell shields block all spells that hit at the same time: this is not a bug but the way its coded by riot and has occurred for all spell shields including banshee's veil since season 1.

however if u have multiple spell shields they all break for the same 1 spell.

even riot has posted on this subject multiple times

Besides the fact it says only ONE ability or the NEXT ability, it's meant to work like this?

screw riot logic, that's ridiculous.