League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Jayce Build (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3001801)

Best Jayce Ult 01-14-2013 01:18 PM

Jayce Build

So with season 3 I changed my Jayce build and I wanted to see how viable it is..

I start: Crystal Flask, 3 H Pots, 2 Mana Pots, and one ward.
First B I get tear of the goddess +boots (depending on how much gold I have)

Then I normally finish my boots, get Manamune, Black Cleaver and I start Sword of the Divine. If the game goes on long enough I'll get a tanky item (Randuins or Maw) and possible a Last Whisper.

So far I've been doing well Early/Mid/Late game...

How do you all build him? I tried starting boots + 3, then rushing phage and it hasn't gone so well for me in S3

Best Jayce Ult 01-14-2013 05:14 PM

bump.

Cenerae 01-14-2013 05:56 PM

All depends on the lane matchup. If I think I'll have a hard lane I pack on the sustain like you outlined above. If it's an easy lane I may get boots and potions. If I think I'm in no danger I may start a longsword and 2 potions.

I typically go brutalizer > bloodthirster > last whisper > GA > black cleaver. But flexibility is a good thing so I change it up from time to time depending on needs.

Warrrrax 01-15-2013 05:15 AM

Most people do not get Tear on jayce. They use his knockback a lot more sparingly. I personally try to make good use of his W though that is unconventional. Remeber that it works as an attack resetter too.
A philo stone is pretty nice on him to give more mana regen and some extra health, and try to get in them hammer hits when you can for free mana, though be careful since it locks you out of ranged for 6 seconds.

Best Jayce Ult 01-15-2013 03:07 PM

Really? Cause I've been seeing Tear a lot on Jayce lately...I still feel he has a lot of flexibility in the way he's build, I just love to have a strong poke + mana to poke with.

rikoLash 01-15-2013 10:16 PM

Though it is not an option that has ever worked for me, Tear on Jayce is becoming more popular and is definitely a viable and strong laning option.

1. Sword of the Divine relies on your W in cannon form to deal maximum damage. Seeing as you shouldn't be putting points into your W until everything else is maxed out, I don't really recommend going down that route. I find that building Jayce as a tanky initiaor - disengage and peeler is far more efficient, seeing as he has crazy overpowered long range burst anyway.

2. Black Cleaver passive doesn't stack, don't buy 2 of them.

3. My build:

Merc Ninja - BF Sword - Brutalizer/Phage - Trinity Force - Bloodthirster - Black Cleaver - Guardian Angel - Optional tanky or something, like randuins or zephyr etc.

It work's for me, but with a champion as versatile and high skill cap on Jayce you can play him in so many ways that builds are extremely variant.

Calibretto9 01-16-2013 05:44 AM

I personally love Tear on Jayce. Allows you to Q+E combo more often with our worrying about going OOM and once it builds into the Muramana you've gained a beastly amount of damage.

xlen 01-16-2013 05:57 AM

hey i just bot jayce but im have issues with building him because i would like to be able to work with him both ways possible (hammer& cannon) to make my game play better. if any one could help plz leave a comment and let me know

X4N4T05 01-18-2013 07:51 AM

I like a trin force on jayce.. i feel like having 7 total abilities gives you a lot of chances to proc the sheen. I usually go boots-pots, rush a phage, finish my boots, and finish the trin force. From there i get a Cleaver and BT. Then i tank up a bit with your standard Maw/GA