League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Higher consequences to those who leave ranked games. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2999352)

Don2955 01-13-2013 05:05 PM

Higher consequences to those who leave ranked games.

Hello.
I've recently had a high amount of ranked queue losses due to people who are AFK in-game or people who feed and just cant play their role properly.

Now I'm thinking that people should be instantly temporarily/permanently banned for leaving ranked games because many people are really good at League of Legends but end up in "elo hell" which is a shame for them because probably a high amount of them are only in elo hell because of these Leavers and feeders. Thank you.

BigWenus 01-13-2013 05:49 PM

Why do you get heal/clarity ignite on champions who have 0 mobility? (i.e. Malzahar and Karthus)

Causing Panic 01-13-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Now I'm thinking that people should be instantly temporarily/permanently banned for leaving ranked games
What if its a Real life emergency? do you really think someone should get banned for something like that? I know how frustrating it is to receive losses when someone leaves but thats why they have the program that auto bans you if you continually leave matches, which is the best they can do

TheRealBOBDOLE 01-13-2013 06:32 PM

causing panic, the idea wouldn't be to punish after one offense. But if they do it twice in 3 days, they should either be banned, or segmented into the "leaver" pool of match making. And if they do it again, the punishment gets more severe.

Side note: there should be a "leaver" pool of match making.

Obviously this won't happen, because LoL is before all else, a business. People depend on it to sustain families i'm sure, so they aren't going to risk that so that some players can have a higher number.

PogoPogoPogoPogo 01-13-2013 06:37 PM

There is an automated system called "LeaveBuster" that handles players who leave matches. And yes, you can be permanently banned for nothing more than leaving matches prematurely.

LeaverBuster looks at more than just whether or not you're leaving too. It catches games in which you were disconnected for any amount of time (so you can't just stay disconnected for 18 minutes then come back right before your team surrenders), and it picks up on idle time. It then compares your idle/disconnected time to your overall active time, and will issue warnings and suspensions based on your ratio of inactive time to active time.

I kind of agree that the penalties should come more swiftly for ranked. I don't know whether or not they do.

But I know this, no matter what precautions Riot puts in to prevent or discourage AFK/disconnects, they'll still happen. There's no way to absolutely 100% prevent them.

Causing Panic 01-13-2013 06:37 PM

I dont know the what the qualifications but they DO have something that will ban you if you leave repeatedly, so i guess i dont understand what else your trying to offer them to do?

and you used the words "instantly banned" so i figured you meant if you leave you automatically get banned which sounded ridiculous :p

PogoPogoPogoPogo 01-13-2013 06:47 PM

I'm actually also okay with a short temporary ban being placed on accounts that leave matches in progress, similar to the temporary "ban" that is placed on an account if you dodge out of champion select.

Like, if you quit out of a game, you can't queue up till 30 minutes after the match you quit out of has completed? I'd be okay seeing this. It'd be kind of like the game saying "Hey, we noticed you had to quit out of that game to take care of some IRL stuff. Why don't you take an extra thirty minutes to make sure you have all your ducks in a row before you queue up again bro?"

chris2423 01-14-2013 03:50 PM

if u afk in 1/20 ranked games u will get banned pretty quick. as for insta-ban, problem is sometimes client crashes and stuff and its difficult to reconnect so u can easily trip the 5 minute afk timer, so i would say u only want to issue an automatic ban on people who afk an entire game. i know it sucks when someone afk''s and u lose cause of it, but remember its not always there fault. but most of the time it is.

only thing is most everyone has smurf accounts so the bans really do nothing anyways...

OriginalJack 01-14-2013 05:16 PM

I'd even be ok with them being banned from just ranked for a while and still being able to do normals.

Boagster 01-14-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealBOBDOLE (Hozzászólás 33451263)
causing panic, the idea wouldn't be to punish after one offense. But if they do it twice in 3 days, they should either be banned, or segmented into the "leaver" pool of match making. And if they do it again, the punishment gets more severe.

Side note: there should be a "leaver" pool of match making.

Obviously this won't happen, because LoL is before all else, a business. People depend on it to sustain families i'm sure, so they aren't going to risk that so that some players can have a higher number.

While a "leaver pool" might work for Normals, it should not exist in Ranked queues. You would then be causing leavers to not play with non-leavers, meaning that that their skill level will not be assessed against the largest part of the population, possibly causing unjustified rises in Elo for people who are being "punished". Of course, if they ever do make it back to the regular pool, they would just drop, but what's to say someone won't figure out a way to abuse this to forever stay in an easier queue?

Quote:

Originally Posted by OriginalJack
I'd even be ok with them being banned from just ranked for a while and still being able to do normals.

This is what I would suggest, so I'll elaborate. Let's say, hypothetically speaking, LeaverBuster will suspend you from playing League if you quit four out of your last ten games (4/10 games). If this is the case, halve everything in Ranked, but only apply it to Ranked unless the habit continues in Normal. So, in this example, if you leave two out of your last five ranked games (2/5 games), then you will get a temporary suspension from Ranked queue. If this pattern keeps up in Normal queue, you will eventually receive the regular suspension dolled out by LeaverBuster.

These numbers are, of course, made up, as I don't know the formulas that LeaverBuster uses to issue it's punishments, but they help convey my point.

Unrelated: I thought the plural of formula was formulae / formulć, but my spell-check tells me it's formulas. Upon investigation, all are acceptable. Stupid spell-check.