League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   In-Game HUD Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Number of Training Fight Required for a New Champion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2997289)

Rooij 01-12-2013 09:59 PM

Number of Training Fight Required for a New Champion

Well, first I'm very pissed off, that's why I'm here. My idea is as simple as putting a tea bag in hot water: Make a limit of Training fights when you adquire a new champion for using him in PVP mode. Maybe you are asking yourself "Why do we need to put it? Why should we listen to a guy with alcohol problems?". It's very easy to explain:
When you're on PVP mode, some people are "training" or using for first time a character. Then most of them don't play as good as they can, causing that the team lose the Fight. I know that maybe you will say "Dude, PVP mode is for losers, you need to focus in Ranked Mode" and yeah, you got the reason, congratulations. BUT still in PVP mode you get victories, IP, Takedowns, bla bla bla... making it important for the stats of all the players.

How my idea works:
You need to play at least 5 times (It's a magical number, it can be changed) with your new champion or a champion that is free to play. When you do this you can play without restriction WITH THAT CHAMPION ALL GAMES MODES. If you don't do this you can't play PVP/Ranked mode.

So please people, listen to my idea, I hope it can be improved.

Poats 01-13-2013 06:45 AM

I don't think its a bad idea. When I first played this game (3 months ago) I originally thought this would be the case.

Rooij 01-13-2013 03:41 PM

It could be. We don't need a required training before playing for first time the game because you know, every champion is different.

sheepareamyth 01-17-2013 07:43 PM

One would hope that you would play a champ in a bot game first before going into a real game but hell who knows. Also on top of this id like to see harder levels of bots so we can gauge our abilities of playing said new champions.

Rooij 01-19-2013 05:32 PM

But the point is that we should practice before you use a new champion

Goddess Din 01-19-2013 06:35 PM

I used to load a custom 1v0 game whenever I played a new champion (I've played them all at least once by this point), read their skills, and got to level 6 or so to just pew pew with their abilities so I knew how they felt. It took me about 5-10 in-game minutes and I knew the champion's abilities well enough to be comfortable using them in a normal (draft/blind doesn't matter) game.

I personally don't care if people are using a new champion for the first time in a normal game but I do appreciate it when people know what their abilities do (even if they've just read a guide or something). Also sometimes I've played against a champion enough that I already know how the champion works and I can just start practising it myself.

I don't think putting a limit on anything is a good idea. All I can really ask is that if someone's playing a new champion, they try their best to pick it up quick in-game. The only time I am bothered by someone playing a "new" champion is in ranked, that game mode is intended for players to be playing at their best. If someone does play new champs in ranked however, their elo is going to fall steadily over multiple games and I'll only be matched with them once and I can easily make up for it in my coming games.

All in all I don't let it phase me. Playing a new champion does not make a good player play poorly, they just won't be 100% optimal because they're not entirely confident in the champion's abilities. A poor player will perform poorly no matter how well they know a champion.