League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champ/Skin Concepts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Zorata, Scion of the Abyss (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2996788)

The5lacker 01-12-2013 07:47 PM

Zorata, Scion of the Abyss

1 Attachment(s)
Name: Zorata, Scion of the Abyss
Attack: 7
Defense: 3
Ability: 4
Difficulty: 6
Attributes: Melee, Fighter, Assassin

Base Stats
- Health: 432 (+82)
- Health Regen: 7.6 (+0.7)
- Mana: 220 (+40)
- Mana Regen: 6.2 (+0.6)
- Attack Damage: 49 (+3.5)
- Attack Speed: 0.715 (+2.7%)
- Attack Range: 125
- Armor: 11 (+3)
- Magic Resist: 30 (+1.25)
- Movement Speed: 345

Abilities

- Passive - Touch of Oblivion
- Zorata's attacks and abilities increase the damage the target takes by 3% for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times.

- Q - Black Winds
- Active - Zorata dashes forwards, dealing 45/75/105/135/165 (+80% bonus AD) physical damage to enemies in his path. Black Winds can be activated again within 4 seconds at no cost.
- Cost: 55/60/65/70/75 mana
- Cooldown: 18/16.5/15/13.5/12 seconds
- Range: 475

- W - Dissonance Pulse
- Active - Zorata sends out a pulse of destructive energies, dealing 20/40/60/80/100 (+50% AP) magic damage to enemies around him and granting him a shield that blocks the next spell or attack within 2 seconds. If a spell or attack is blocked, Zorata unleashes a burst of energy again that deals equal damage to the first.
- Cost: 75/80/85/90/95
- Cooldown: 22/20/18/16/14
- Range: 375

- E - Oroboros Curse
- Active - Zorata fills his blade with baleful energies, causing his next autoattack to deal bonus true damage equal to 25/30/35/40/45% of his AD and inflict the target with a curse that returns 20% of the damage they deal for 6/7/8/9/10 seconds (Only returns half damage from AoE sources).
- Cost: 55 mana
- Cooldown: 10/9/8/7/6 seconds

- Ultimate - Phase Shift
- Active - Zorata cloaks himself with energies from the void, gaining 10/15/20% damage reduction and 20/30/40% increased movement speed and causing his attacks and abilities to deal true damage for 10 seconds.
- Cost: 80/100/120 mana
- Cooldown: 90/75/60 seconds

Lore

Though the creatures of the void are terrifying, the true horror of that alien world is the fact that the world itself is alive. A subtle sentience that warps the minds of mortals and works to assimilate all life into itself. This "Voice of the Void" has, on occasion, taken action in and of itself, however, such as the corruption of Malzahar, and the creation of Zorata.

The remnant of numerous souls from Rune Wars past, Zorata is an avatar of the alien consciousness of the Void. Apparently sent to aid Malzahar, Zorata stalks Valoran silently, watching from the shadows and studying the world it was crafted to destroy.

Quotes
- On Pick: An endless nightmare...for you...
- On Move: Torment...
- On Move: We see...
- On Move: All shall succumb...
- On Attack: Begone.
- On Attack: Embrace the Void.
- On Attack: Oblivion awaits you!
- Taunt: In the end, you are all mulch for the hunger of the Void.
- Joke: I, ain't got no bo-dy.

(Art isn't mine. I take no credit for art.)

Void22 01-12-2013 07:52 PM

As usual 5, you've done an excellent job. I especially like the clever naming of the E. Not many people could pull the off; the ability suits it perfectly. My one suggestion is that you make Dissonance Pulse stack with AD otherwise the damage is negligible.

The5lacker 01-12-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Void22 (Hozzászólás 33423592)
As usual 5, you've done an excellent job. I especially like the clever naming of the E. Not many people could pull the off; the ability suits it perfectly. My one suggestion is that you make Dissonance Pulse stack with AD otherwise the damage is negligible.

Well that's the thing, it's an uber spell shield that happens to have a two-stage burst. It shouldn't be dealing too much damage, that'd be too powerful. However, making it scale a bit on AP makes some items that one wouldn't normally consider a touch more viable. Something like, say, Sheen and its family suddenly are a touch more potent. Perhaps items like Twin Shadows, Nashor's Tooth, or Hextech Gunblade would make for interesting additions to his kit. Hell, who knows? Maybe his utility might make it possible for him to build heavy AP and simply focus on counterattacking and positioning, turning him into an anti-carry. The possibilities are endless.

sirWindWaker 01-12-2013 08:22 PM

Seems like a pretty cool champ, I'm only worried about the Q being a tad bit strong for his early game. Also, for an assassin, I'm not too sure whether or not his passive would make much sense, as he would need to stick to them, which is something assassins shouldn't need to do. Maybe changing it to something like, every 4-5 spell casts (similar to Kassadins E) cause his next attack to deal bonus damage?

The5lacker 01-12-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirWindWaker (Hozzászólás 33424387)
Seems like a pretty cool champ, I'm only worried about the Q being a tad bit strong for his early game. Also, for an assassin, I'm not too sure whether or not his passive would make much sense, as he would need to stick to them, which is something assassins shouldn't need to do. Maybe changing it to something like, every 4-5 spell casts (similar to Kassadins E) cause his next attack to deal bonus damage?

His passive is there to give him more of a teamfight presence. It also makes for a rather potent burst. Getting in with his Q, blocking with his W (which applies two stacks), retaliating with E, and chasing with Q again as they try and run away. That builds up to a lot more damage than one would anticipate from his initial damages, and it also increases the damage returned from his E. Dueling him is supposed to be a scary proposition, and in teamfights he can easily rip through an enemy team, use his W to avoid being stuck, and bolt out quickly, dealing a decent amount of damage and leaving the entire enemy team vulnerable for the carry to clean up.

sirWindWaker 01-12-2013 08:43 PM

What do you think about having his w have a slight knockback, similar to maokais q?

sirWindWaker 01-12-2013 08:50 PM

Doing so, would allow him more viability, and be able to see more gameplay as he doesn't already have a form of cc.

Also, what you said earlier, towards the suggestion about the passive...His cooldowns for his QWR seem a tad bit long, other than auto-attacking, I don't really see him sticking in fights too long, as he's supposed to be an assassin, right?

Don't assassins tend to have either high burst, or a refresh on one of their skills? Talon's high burst, versus something like Kha'Zix' refresh come to mind, when I think of assassin. Just a thought.

The5lacker 01-12-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirWindWaker (Hozzászólás 33425158)
Doing so, would allow him more viability, and be able to see more gameplay as he doesn't already have a form of cc.

Also, what you said earlier, towards the suggestion about the passive...His cooldowns for his QWR seem a tad bit long, other than auto-attacking, I don't really see him sticking in fights too long, as he's supposed to be an assassin, right?

Don't assassins tend to have either high burst, or a refresh on one of their skills? Talon's high burst, versus something like Kha'Zix' refresh come to mind, when I think of assassin. Just a thought.

Assassins do have high burst, as does Zorata, especially once he gets his ult. True damage is nothing to laugh at.

His cooldowns are long BECAUSE he's not going to be around a fight long. That's exactly why he has long cooldowns, but good base damage. That's what burst is all about.

As for giving his W a knockback, that wouldn't be a terribly good idea I think, seeing as for it to trigger he has to get hit again. Knocking people back would actually be rather counter productive. A grab might be interesting though.

sirWindWaker 01-12-2013 08:55 PM

oh, his Q requires for him to be damaged by a champ? Okay that makes a lot more sense to me now.
Nevermind about what I said. A grab? or something similar to Diana's E?

The5lacker 01-12-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirWindWaker (Hozzászólás 33425299)
oh, his Q requires for him to be damaged by a champ? Okay that makes a lot more sense to me now.
Nevermind about what I said. A grab? or something similar to Diana's E?

His W, yes. It's a burst of magic damage that generates a spell shield like Sivir's or Nocturne's, which, if broken, deals magic damage again, the advantage being both hits proc-ing his passive, which in turn increases the damage he deals. A grab might be too powerful, though, seeing as Diana already has a grab which deals no damage, doesn't grant a spell shield, etc. I'll be looking into it.