League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Can I report a support who is last hitting? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2993533)

Jennika 01-11-2013 07:14 PM

Can I report a support who is last hitting?

As the subject says, is it bannable?

Filthy Meadows 01-11-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennika (Hozzászólás 33392349)

it's definitely frowned upon in the current meta, but i wouldn't punish for it, EVER

i dislike people that follow the meta in a mindless state as they constantly do

simply try harder to get your last hits and good luck

Ellatan 01-12-2013 06:31 AM

Quote:

No, obviously not. Be glad that you have another player willing to help you at all. There is no rule that says that some champions shouldn't get last hits. Don't feel self entitled as an AD carry, you are not the center of the universe. If a player is purposefully sabotaging your team though, he could get reported. I would advise trying to communicate in a civil manner and reaching a compromise. Most people can be reasoned with. However, if you insult or threaten to report another player, especially the one you lane with, you are pretty much throwing away the game.

Kinvaras666 01-12-2013 08:01 AM

No, but I would report you if you abused them.

Peeledhavannas 01-12-2013 09:08 AM

I would if the adc asks him to stop but he keeps doing so nonetheless. Not letting your adc farm while the enemy adc gets twice the farm is also crippling your team.

If he wants to farm he can play something else other than support.

Llesh 01-12-2013 09:19 AM

no it's not as some people have mentioned, not playing the meta, or not playing how other people want you to is not bannable... however there is also a fine line between just playing a game to have fun, and harassing your team...

Peeledhavannas 01-12-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Llesh (Hozzászólás 33407024)
no it's not as some people have mentioned, not playing the meta, or not playing how other people want you to is not bannable... however there is also a fine line between just playing a game to have fun, and harassing your team...

I've seen plenty of cases where nontraditional supports have been punished. There is no yes/no answer to this question.

There are a lot of people who would consider it trolling. And honestly I can't argue that it's not.
It basicly means the enemy adc will have twice the farm. And that alone is reason to break the game.

Rixatrix 01-12-2013 03:11 PM

Not playing the meta isn't bannable, but I'll agree that certain things are like shooting your own team in the back...

From the Summoner's Code:
Quote:

1) Support Your Team

“[Teamwork] is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.”-Andrew Carnegie

While we all carry a diverse set of individual ambitions and expectations into a game of League of Legends, once we hit the Field we’re a part of a team. For better or worse, our fates are intertwined with that of our teammates. Once the game gets into full swing, you have to make a choice between being a positive force for your team, or contributing to your own demise.

Being a good team player begins at champion select. Be open minded when considering the needs of your team. If you’re the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasn’t already been filled. If everyone’s picked and something stands out as a deficiency in your team composition, try asking for another player to fill the gap, or change roles to embrace that responsibility yourself. Remember, that by taking on a role you don’t normally play, you’ll learn more about unfamiliar champions and increase your own skill level.

Once you get in game, try to keep an open line of communication. Warn your teammates if someone is missing from your lane, or if something is placing them in immediate danger. If they’re not paying attention to chat you can always try pinging the map. Just remember that one ping is enough! Also, remember that you have to be there to contribute, so don’t leave the game or go AFK! Encourage players who are having trouble, and congratulate those who are playing well. And most of all, if you’re having a bad game don’t take it out on your team!
Emphasis added. As others have said, a support who takes half of their AD carry's farm is putting the team at a disadvantage.

I saw a game recently where a Leblanc who called mid and another (who called top or mid) ended up both going top, when the team expected Leblanc mid. Turns out they were a duo queue who didn't feel like going meta. The jungler, I think, ended up going mid, enemy top got much more farm and got fed, mid lost lane, and the game was lost. A support sealing an ADC's farm when the enemy ADC is getting all the farm (and this duo queue) end up contributing to their own team's demise, but if they're polite, they didn't do anything reportable.

I've seen arguments for "assisting enemy team" by crippling your own team, but then it's left up to the Tribunal, and I can't say which way that would go.

So is it bannable? Not really. But does it hurt their team? IMHO most of the time, it does.

Filthy Meadows 01-12-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rixatrix (Hozzászólás 33415577)
Not playing the meta isn't bannable, but I'll agree that certain things are like shooting your own team in the back...

From the Summoner's Code:

Emphasis added. As others have said, a support who takes half of their AD carry's farm is putting the team at a disadvantage.

I saw a game recently where a Leblanc who called mid and another (who called top or mid) ended up both going top, when the team expected Leblanc mid. Turns out they were a duo queue who didn't feel like going meta. The jungler, I think, ended up going mid, enemy top got much more farm and got fed, mid lost lane, and the game was lost. The support and this duo queue ended up contributing to their own team's demise, but if they're polite, they didn't do anything reportable.

I've seen arguments for "assisting enemy team" by crippling your own team, but then it's left up to the Tribunal, and I can't say which way that would go.

based on the meta? **** off loser, what about a support who can change the game if properly financed

BrightNooblar 01-12-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Actually the subject asks if it is reportable, which it is.

If you want to know if it is bannable, very very unlikely that alone gets someone punished.