League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Riot disappointed me with how they handle the new map reactions... (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2993178)

Time Rider 01-11-2013 04:18 PM

Riot disappointed me with how they handle the new map reactions...

There is a huge thread where thousands of players are continuously requesting to bring the old map back, and riot just doesn't care. They obviously see that thread.

I feel like many of us have spent tons of dollars on this game and that it's just infuriating to get this kind of response from Riot. We got ONE post from riot, and their "justification" was just down-voted to the bone (about the new map). It was pretty much "We wanted to change little things but then got a little carried away (silly us) so now we force a brand new map down your throat that we will still call twisted treeline."

@Riot: Do you not care about what the players want? I mean they will get you your money, so why do we feel like it isn't about what we want.....

Ive supported and loved LoL ever since 2010, and this is how you handle rants?

Rasmorak 01-11-2013 05:41 PM

There is a very distinct disconnect between Riot the company and Riot as gamers. And unfortunately this disconnect carries over between the players and Riot as well, with only a few Rioters who interact with players. Ones like Morello, IronStylus and Tacostorm.

Riot as a company is one of the most horrific, ass backwards companies I have ever seen (but their headquarters is pretty.). Riot's gamers though are wonderful people. They unfortunately don't carry enough weight to forward our opinions to the rest of the business cats who just want to maximise profits.

Let Me Eat You 01-11-2013 07:34 PM

Lol @ this

Riot appeals the the majority
The mass appeal

The forum consists of like 1% of players.

Thousands of players =/= even close to an accurate sample of the Twisted Treeline community

SaveTheMaids 01-11-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emfteka (Hozzászólás 33394768)
Lol @ this

Riot appeals the the majority
The mass appeal

The forum consists of like 1% of players.

Thousands of players =/= even close to an accurate sample of the Twisted Treeline community

That's an interesting point.

I've seen this sort of thing happen before with other F2P games (albeit much worse than here). People will complain on the forums for changes, and will generally get a response or two, but whether the changes actually occur is rather rare. I know some games where people have literally waited years for changes and have still gotten nothing. Why they still play those games and shell out their money is beyond me.

Compared to those companies Riot is much more competent/on top of their game.
Some of the changes they make can be way out in left field at times, but at least they try to listen for the most part and don't do things like selling power and splitting the community between the buyers and free-players (at least not yet).

They don't have to answer to complaints/requests on the forums, but imo it generally gives them a better look.

Hoisengerd 01-11-2013 09:57 PM

disconnect??
Riot answered...with a completely valid an reasonable answer

ZenithZephyr 01-12-2013 12:09 AM

You are the vocal minority. A group of entitled whiners who either a) are simply afraid of change, or b) think you know more about the MOBA genre than a group of people who build the world's most played game with absolutely zero brand power.

The new treeline is better than the turtlefest that was the old one. It's as simple as that. Sure I might have a few personal preferences like I wish top jungle was back, but overall the map is entirely more playable thanks to regen aura and no turtling.

Time Rider 01-12-2013 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenithZephyr (Hozzászólás 33401079)
You are the vocal minority. A group of entitled whiners who either a) are simply afraid of change, or b) think you know more about the MOBA genre than a group of people who build the world's most played game with absolutely zero brand power.

The new treeline is better than the turtlefest that was the old one. It's as simple as that. Sure I might have a few personal preferences like I wish top jungle was back, but overall the map is entirely more playable thanks to regen aura and no turtling.

I disagree with you, because the only thing the two maps have in common is that they both have two lanes and both are 3v3. The altars bring in a new gameplay, completely different than the other one (more dominion fast paced rather than a reduced summoners rift). If we wanted to have a fast game with regen auras we would play dominion. The thing i want to point out is that it wouldn't hurt to have the old map for custom games at least, and there is a big petition for that, but riot gave a bad response to it. I know many people who like the new map but dislike altars for example, or complain that the base is too big. Riot changed capture mechanics? I mean it just doesn't feel right and im sure that even you who enjoys the map has parts of it you really dislike.

Second, there are a lot of people who dislike the map. On what statistics can it be said that i am a vocal minority? I don't think I am and my proof is that :

1) thousands of players complained on this forum
2) almost very person i know in lol dislikes the new map
3) Dominion is disliked by many folks, and the new TT offers similar playstyle, so that big chunk of players who never play dominion will not like the new Tt.

Oh, and pretty much every player who value laning progression to the nexus rater than just kills will hate the new map. It begs to fight all the time, and there isn't much strategy.

Im dissapointed because many of these people who dislike the new map have spent lots of money on the game, and MOBA's are about developers adapting to their players, not players adapting to the devs.

Time Rider 01-12-2013 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoisengerd (Hozzászólás 33398594)
disconnect??
Riot answered...with a completely valid an reasonable answer

They gave one answer that was recieved so badly that they just hid under their beds. Is that the proper way to deal with consumers? I think not.

BurgerKang 01-12-2013 07:23 AM

ppl need to stop QQing about the new map. its extremely better then the old map.

Eloquid 01-12-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasmorak (Hozzászólás 33391308)
There is a very distinct disconnect between Riot the company and Riot as gamers. And unfortunately this disconnect carries over between the players and Riot as well, with only a few Rioters who interact with players. Ones like Morello, IronStylus and Tacostorm.

Riot as a company is one of the most horrific, ass backwards companies I have ever seen (but their headquarters is pretty.). Riot's gamers though are wonderful people. They unfortunately don't carry enough weight to forward our opinions to the rest of the business cats who just want to maximise profits.

I agree 100% with Riot part, it's the most ignorant company in history of gaming. But that's true for 99% of players base as well, sad but true.