League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SDA runs (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2993145)

xsaten 01-11-2013 04:09 PM

SDA runs

Ok so I was watching the SDA charity marathon and I swear I heard someone say that Riot Ames donated. Just wondering if I was hearing stuff or not.

RiotAmes 02-01-2013 04:52 AM

Necro! (Because I can, and I'm doing a rare 'search my own name')

That was me! A lot of us here in the office were watching while we worked. I actually donated a few times. Anything that gets gamers involved with good causes is awesome.

We (gamers) had a bad rep for a long time- now that culture is shifting in our direction more and more, I think it's great for us to set a good example. And even if you don't care about that, it was a ton of entertainment for not really that much spent (in my case).

There's a lot of efforts like this one that go by on these forums - I've participated in a few in one way or another.

AlmightyAtheismo 02-01-2013 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotAmes (Hozzászólás 34137595)

That was me! A lot of us here in the office were watching while we worked. I actually donated a few times. Anything that gets gamers involved with good causes is awesome.

We (gamers) had a bad rep for a long time- now that culture is shifting in our direction more and more, I think it's great for us to set a good example. And even if you don't care about that, it was a ton of entertainment for not really that much spent (in my case).

There's a lot of efforts like this one that go by on these forums - I've participated in a few in one way or another.

Begone foul necromancer!

Calys Teneb 02-01-2013 04:53 AM

Quote:

Do you do Desert Bus? One of my friends is all over that when they play.

And it was K 02-01-2013 04:56 AM

Quote:

Riot, ban this man.

Adam Freeman 02-01-2013 04:56 AM

Quote:

Someone give this man a medal.

Zerglinator 02-01-2013 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by And it was K (Hozzászólás 34137669)
Riot, ban this man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iJamioo (Hozzászólás 34137685)
Someone give this man a medal.

Give him a ban medal.

RiotAmes 02-01-2013 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calys Teneb (Hozzászólás 34137625)
Do you do Desert Bus? One of my friends is all over that when they play.

Haha, not every time, but I have. The thing that I latched onto the most about the SDA one isn't the speed runs (except Super Monkey Ball, holy), but the commentary along the way.

I also really enjoy the League ones. Most/all of them haven't gotten as big as SDA or Desert Bus, but everything counts.

Calys Teneb 02-01-2013 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotAmes (Hozzászólás 34137751)
Haha, not every time, but I have. The thing that I latched onto the most about the SDA one isn't the speed runs (except Super Monkey Ball, holy), but the commentary along the way.

I also really enjoy the League ones. Most/all of them haven't gotten as big as SDA or Desert Bus, but everything counts.

True enough. Maybe someone can organize a tourney with pros for some charity, and Riot can cast it. I don't even know where to start with something like that, but it'd be cool to see.

Draaaaaaavén 02-01-2013 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotAmes (Hozzászólás 34137751)

League charity runs? How does that work?