League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Double support? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2992253)

Azellos 01-11-2013 10:30 AM

Double support?

Just an idea i am tinkering with. Instead of jungle, you run a second support in top lane with the bruiser. The advantage is that, in theory, y
ou deny their top lane hard without sacrificing cs and you free up both buffs for laning advantage.

Now it might make dragon control trickier, im thinking a teleport or a global top like panther would be ideal.

Thoughts? I was intrigued by the idea.

Qsario 01-11-2013 10:46 AM

It denies you the opportunity to have someone roaming to put pressure somewhere where they're weak. I've run it before due to really weird teamcomps chosen by teammates (Janna doesn't jungle all that well...), but top will turtle up, outlevel you, then turn the tides with a gank from his jungler if they're any good.

Also, you give up all the farm from the jungle because nobody is clearing it regularly. At least, not without abandoning the lane. But the jungler is basically a second support anyhow... they just clear the jungle and roam. If top is that bad a matchup, they can camp but still....

doggeris789 01-11-2013 11:23 AM

I've done this before, With a karma at top lane (made karma useful) he went full AP anyways but still,

I was yorick didn't leave lane to recal til the 21 minute mark

and when there jungler came to gank we stomped him

Madraac 01-11-2013 12:30 PM

It can work, but I only seeing it working as a gimmick in a 5v5 premade, as it would be easy to counter if the opposing jungler knows how to play his/her role. Also, when you get to teamfights, your team is potentially underleveled as they would have both the mid and top roughly 2 - 3 levels ahead of you, unless you secured some early kills.

In the end, if you can actually deny CS, harass out of lane, and so forth, you have a great opportunity for success, but very difficult to communicate in a non premade setting. (Also, many people do not understand the idea of denying cs, by trying to keep the waves in the middle of the lane without pushing to the enemy tower... if you have a team that understands pushing to keep a champ pressing to deny both gold and experience, then your plan could work, but still difficult and hope your lane partner is patient too.)

AsphodelNext 01-13-2013 09:58 PM

I once tried jungle Nidalee, which ends up a lot like this pre-level 6, because her clear is awful before then. I took trap, heal, spear, heal, heal, and ult, and just ran back and forth healing both top and mid lane, occasionally grabbing wolves. After level 6, I cleared jungle like normal and came around for ganks, though none of them worked(Nidalee isn't exactly the best ganker, no natural CC) However, all of the lanes won and I ended up supporting them for the win, building AP heavy and chucking spears and heals from the back.
I'm pretty sure it's flawed though. It might be good for shock value, if their top and mid aren't expecting the pressure, but you end up very underfarmed. I found that, if you spend almost all your time in the top bush, you can see ganks coming from miles away without even needing wards, but you are kind of abandoning your bot lane to the mercy of their jungler and you are losing out on quite a bit of farm.

Emperor Kefka 01-14-2013 02:40 AM

We sorta ran this in blind before winning the game in 19:03. Most likely we were up against a bad team though. I was Lux and my lane partner was Darius and we were out lving their solo top cause they were dying so much... Jungler sorta camped, essentially was only there to cover for their solo top while he was dead and because of this, he was also getting behind in lvs. Although its not ideal at all, if you play against a not so smart team, you can hurt them badly.

iDpark 01-14-2013 06:36 AM

Double AD + tanky support, Hard AP carry.

already been tried.

Cenerae 01-14-2013 08:15 AM

Giving up a jungler gives up that fourth 'lane' of experience and gold (and donates it to the enemy jungler), and it also denies you lane pressure. That, and having two supports will make your late game quite weak since you'll only have a maximum of 3 damage dealers - and even a beefy support won't be all THAT beefy on a support's budget.

If you want to try denying the enemy solo lane, the best way to go about it is to send your carry and support top instead of bot. And then send a 1v2 capable champion bot lane, such as Galio, Morgana, AP Janna or Cho'gath. Your solo bot lane will still get denied farm, but due to long range aoe farming spells will still get some CS. In theory your top lane will flat out deny most of the enemy solo top's farming and you'll gain an advantage. This does get used from time to time in high level play or in arranged teams, so it does work. And you retain your jungle advantage.

Prototype Theory 01-26-2013 12:20 PM

i once played a game with triple "support". i was Janna taking mid, and had a Sona and Lux on bot. was quite interesting, and the opposing team was pissed as hell that we beat them xD

then again, we had a lot of communication, and built our sets to support one another.