League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   riot please filter high ping players (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2992001)

jaxisoldnoobs 01-11-2013 08:11 AM

riot please filter high ping players

players that are over 200 ping are clearly not from this country or need to fix there internet problems. i realize that this want stop people from playing game on lower then required system specs but at lest we want have none us players on us servers. please riot adjust the match making system to put others with high ping with other players with high pings

Heal n Peel 01-11-2013 08:14 AM

East Coast -> West Coast
Packets can be lost during the MANY relays that are required to reach the LoL servers.

200+ Ping doesn't mean they are out of country. Nor does it necessarily mean they are having internet problems, some ISPs just aren't as good as other (and many locations only have access to the one ISP).

Matchmaking is meant to place players of similar skills levels against each other, ping has nothing to do with that.

C00LStoryJoe 01-11-2013 08:15 AM

this post isn't ironic or anything

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxisoldnoobs (Hozzászólás 33376297)
players that are over 200 ping are clearly not from this country or need to fix there internet problems. i realize that this want stop people from playing game on lower then required system specs but at lest we want have none us players on us servers. please riot adjust the match making system to put others with high ping with other players with high pings

Do you have high ping?

netkitten 01-11-2013 08:15 AM

ur so incredibly dumb
ping has nothing to do with your system specs

also if you are matched with them they are at least not worse than you

sdjaks 01-11-2013 08:15 AM

people whine enough about matchmaking being what it is, and you want to make it HARDER to find an even match?

SculptorOvFlesh 01-11-2013 08:18 AM

They should just add "Local" search, so i can atleast have a team who all have around 60-80 ping. Not a team like this 60(me)14,999,544,100

jaxisoldnoobs 01-11-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by netkitten (Hozzászólás 33376386)
ur so incredibly dumb
ping has nothing to do with your system specs

also if you are matched with them they are at least not worse than you

you miss understand i said nothing about ping being related to system specs.

would it not be a good idea that players that lag are reduced from your match's ?
heres comes more downvotes

TheDancingDead 01-11-2013 08:31 AM

The OP is a shining example of why our public school system has failed.

Pitufito Dell 01-11-2013 08:32 AM

Dude, if you want to play whit 20% the current community, go ahead.
Personally I'm not on USA, but I play whit 140-190 ping. Some friends on the south of my country, get 240 ping. But is still a playable game.

netkitten 01-11-2013 08:35 AM

well, why do you care of their ping? lol has relatively good matchmaking, so everybody who is matched with you can be a good teammate, actually those who have high ping and are matched with you, could be better than you and they play at your level only because their ping is high, but it's their problem and not yours. if you hit high enough elo you will leave almost all of them behind anyway. i just don't see how they hinder you