League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How do I build Hecarim jungle (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2991902)

Calbrena 01-11-2013 07:13 AM

How do I build Hecarim jungle

I never seem to be tanky OR do damage...most games I play him, I just feel kinda useless.

Help please!

Yma Sumac 01-11-2013 07:14 AM

don't get TF

biggest noob trap on him

gives like 7 AD from passive

Calbrena 01-11-2013 07:15 AM

I generally rush Iceborn Gauntlet then build Zephyr...is this good?

Calbrena 01-11-2013 07:17 AM

Heeelp

Voidgolem 01-11-2013 07:19 AM

Start Machete. You are jungling, so this cannot be debated

Boots and either sheen or spirit stone depending on level of income/ganks.

Warmog

> Frozen Fist

> Lizard Elder

SV

Fill final slot with Cleaver or Bulwark depending on preference. Upgrade boots to mercs whenever.

shoothoot2 01-11-2013 07:20 AM

He does great by building tanky. He has one of the best initiations in the game, and his W helps him soak up a lot of damage. If you want damage, I've heard zephyr is quite good on him but I wouldn't get it right after gauntlet. Maybe try some form of a health item after. Shurelya's works well as does a randuins, or warmogs.

Steelflame 01-11-2013 07:21 AM

As a S2 Heca main.... don't jungle him. The new jungle is not a good place for him.

He can manage top, just go with one of the supersustain starts so that you can get though the first little bit. His full build, if you can farm it up, should be Iceborn, Swiftness Boots, Spirit Visage, Ruinic Bulwark, GA, and a situtational item. Either HP or damage usually. If you had to jungle, you would put a Ancient Golem upgrade to spirit stone there.

The problem with the current jungle (fyi, it is getting nerfed... to be HARDER, and he is having enough problems staying high hp as is in it) is that it just doesn't support the amount of gold he wants. Heca is very gold dependent. Pretty much why he has to top now, as they nerfed jungle gold (R.I.P. HoG).

Calbrena 01-11-2013 07:32 AM

hmm

Kaiser Celedorn 01-11-2013 08:15 AM

Go tanky, don't try to get bunch of damage because it will actually end badly.

This is what I do.

philo + spirit stone early jungle (allow donation of blue), then rush iceborn gauntlet. Later on I build randuin + bulwark (or SV), Finish Spirit of the ancient golem, and then decide if I want shurelia's or some other item.

My Thoughts:
Iceborn is just too good to not get on him, his E becomes super powerful in ganks, combined with his Q after E hits it is as good as a perma-slow. Tanky is far superior because he is a very good sustain fighter with his W up, and then trying to kill the ADC or AP in a teamfight, while dropping IG slows all over for disruption. He doesn't have a lot of Burst potential, so therefore damage doesn't seem to be a great option.

M3TASH33P 01-11-2013 08:20 AM

Spirit of the lizard elder is awesome on him
Iceborn is core
spirit visage is really nice for his W and gives MR
new youmuus active is way better than S2 youmuus
usually wrap up his build with a zephyr or a ravenous hydra for moar damage
boots are boots of swiftness or merc treads depending on the enemy comp

a good thing to note is that he gets most of his damage out of CDR ^ this build has 40% exactly
little bit of AD and tanky items with CDR give him alot of damage and teamfight presence