League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   League of Legends Ideas (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2988728)

CjsOwner 01-10-2013 09:47 AM

League of Legends Ideas

Hello, everyone.
I have composed a few new ideas for League of Legends. While some might approve of these ideas, others will disapprove. But hey I thought I'd share my ideas. Because you've heard it from Riot! They love to receive feedback from their Summoners themselves. I shared a few of these ideas with friends or even Riot workers. But I thought I could throw them in the forums(if these ideas aren't already out there!)

#1 How many people get annoyed going into Solo/Duo queue only to get a team fighting with each other over roles? Unfortunately, it happens. Sometimes you get lucky and things just fall into place. So I thought to myself, "Hey what if you could pick your role as you enter the queue?" This would form a team with every role without the trouble of getting two players that are great in the same role fighting over that role. Sure this might increase the time for waiting for games, but don't you think it would be worth it? Say someone plays any role great(make an option for "I play any role").

#2 Along with queueing, I thought maybe Riot could add to the Accept/Decline Option. I find it really annoying sometimes that I go into queue and happen to get knocked out over 10 times in a row. Maybe they could make it where the person that decides to drop out(decline) gets knocked out but all the other players stay in the same queue(no resetting of a queue). This would improve queue times. Also it would help block the ability for multiple people to join the same queue at the same time(I'm sure this doesn't happen frequently, but I'm sure it has before.) Result = Less trolling, faster queues. Got this idea from other games I've played. For example, Halo & Call of Duty queues. Thought maybe Riot would consider this :D

#3 I know this next idea has been brought up because I've heard about it before. A replay mode for League of Legends. A lot of people(including myself till I upgraded my computer and never reinstalled it) use LolReplay for replays. It would be so awesome if this was already built into League! It is really irritating to have to use lolreplay and a lot of times I found that the file got corrupted somehow(guessing something with the updates, it was recorded on an earlier verison so now it won't work anymore on the new version?).

#4 For in-game ideas, I thought maybe a favorites list of some sort for items? Of course this would be more useful to the experienced players because they know what type of builds they want/use. It would decrease the amount of savaging going on looking for items(yes, I know you can search items in the search box). Or maybe even a custom tag for items? So supports can put certain items in a sorted list maybe? For example, Gold/second items in a list. Pots in a list. Global items in a list.

#5 Another idea, Custom games with custom settings. Say someone likes Aram but wants to change the settings up a bit? For example, it's kind of cool that you can't base to heal/buy. But maybe they would like the rules better if you could base to buy? But not heal? Maybe you can't teleport to base but you could walk there instead? This would put your team at a disadvantage(so people would want to decide to base or not to base) because they are missing a teammate for the time being(Makes sense ya?). People would be able to create other game types too! I've seen Aram on Proving Grounds, Summoner's Rift, Dominion, a game called Hide & Seek(which would be some much fun if you could fix some settings). While talking about Aram, I thought maybe they could turn Aram into a playlist? This way people can't dodge without getting a dodge penalty(which kind of ruins the fun.. why play Aram if you are going to leave because you don't like your random pick?)

#6 Another idea, I find it REALLY annoying to get trolls in any queue especially in solo/duo queue. I had an idea about maybe giving the players an ability to stop the queue in champion select, report a certain player or something? Yes, I realize some people wouldn't take this serious. For example, If someone is in duo queue, they could just report/kick(or whatever the option is) just because the person is taking the role they want(which would work great with my first idea because people are already searching for a match with their role stated). But maybe count a Duo group as 1 vote for the group? This would give them one vote instead of two. And if they both disagree regard their vote? This way they are not getting any extra powers over anyone? Maybe somebody else has a great idea to add-on to this? Just something I thought up a bit.

That's all my ideas for now :P Umm, I'm sure I might remember a few others or come up with new ones. Thanks for your time reading my ideas. Feel free to comment on any of them, give them votes, add extra to my ideas, add your own ideas in this thread, or anything else!

Thanks,
CjsOwner

Kyrinox 01-10-2013 10:17 AM

I think all these ideas are great for the most part, especially the role selection in queue.

I also know theres been plenty of times me and my friends have wanted to show somebody a a moment from a game they weren't in but had no replay for it.

I would like to say some things on 4 and 6:

On 4,I think you could do it this way, make it part of your summoner's profile, put in an items tab where you can look at the store UI basically. Then you can create build pages or something "AD Carry" "Corki" "Bruiser" "Tank" "Maokai Jungle" etc etc. then on each page you can check mark whatever you want and it will add them to a page tab in the store similar to the "reccomended" tab. From here maybe add the ability to create item groups "If behind" "if snowballing" "against AD" "against AP" "core" etc. just like you see in build guides online.

The main thing with the item builds I would be unsure of is whether or not to make them private or public, for example a summoner's champion pool vs their runes/masteries. One is hidden while the others are viewable by anyone. This would mostly be an issue with people who compete.

For 6, I don't think it is a bad idea, I just feel this idea in particular requires a lot of fleshing out before it could be a viable solution. When dealing with this kind of territory it is very easy to mess things up for more than just the intended individuals. Like you mention this could be exploited by trolls and such. Still good work for sure.

Damion Darksky 01-10-2013 10:22 AM

I really like the idea of 1, I think it really would stop those annoying [location or I'll feed] arguments.

OMG 2, is such a good idea. I've often wondered why the Decline button is even there... xD

3 - True, but we already do have LolReplay.

4 - My friend and me were discussing this, and if you could just have like a playlist, life would be good. Its only seconds that you spend a store, but they could be life or death in like Dominion, so lists would make it much easier :)

5 - Yes, yes, yes.

6 - I don't know about this.

All fantastic ideas though.

adc 01-10-2013 10:24 AM

1. Role queueing has been suggested before. We have a 22 page topic on it. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SEARCH THE DAMN FORUMS BEFORE POSTING.

2. This is basically what happens anyway. The 9 players that don't dodge get shoved back into the matchmaking pool, you just have to accept the next match, which makes more sense. The decline button is there because people would complain if it weren't. The accept feature is to weed out AFKers.

3. One can hope.

4. You can use a 3rd party tool to edit the recommended items.

5. Fairly sure ARAM is already getting it's own queue. Might be wrong, don't quote me on that.

6. No. Take a screenshot of the chat and send in a support request if they're harassing that badly.

Shamble 01-10-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AD Bottom (Hozzászólás 33342825)
1. Role queueing has been suggested before. We have a 22 page topic on it. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SEARCH THE DAMN FORUMS BEFORE POSTING.

2. This is basically what happens anyway. The 9 players that don't dodge get shoved back into the matchmaking pool, you just have to accept the next match, which makes more sense. The decline button is there because people would complain if it weren't. The accept feature is to weed out AFKers.

3. One can hope.

4. You can use a 3rd party tool to edit the recommended items.

5. Fairly sure ARAM is already getting it's own queue. Might be wrong, don't quote me on that.

6. No. Take a screenshot of the chat and send in a support request if they're harassing that badly.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ght=role+queue

Boagster 01-10-2013 10:47 AM

#1 - Role-queuing is not likely to happen. In order to do that, Riot would have to embrace one strategy over all others. Their track history and some red posts all suggest their goal is the opposite: to keep strategies evolving. That would make sense, considering a game with only one strategy would get stale pretty quick. EDIT: I'd also like to add that "top" is not a role, but "AD Bruiser" is. Not every champion that people play top are AD Bruisers, nor are all AD Bruisers exclusively played top.

#2 - I believe the game already does this, only it just doesn't leave the UI for it up, so that everyone can accept/decline again, avoiding people who may have gone AFK from ending up in a lobby. Not 100% sure, though.

#3 - I'd love to see this implemented and, honestly, it would be a huge boon to Riot's business. The only flub to this is trying to find a way to do it that doesn't require them to add hundreds-of-thousands to millions of dollars worth of more server racks, something I'd rather they do to increase game performance before adding new options.

#4 - You can already create your own builds, but it's not supported in-game, but rather through an API that you manipulate outside of game. Take a look here and here. Would more tools in game be nice? Of course! Leave it in the pre-game client, though, not in match, so that you aren't adding unnecessary code to bloat the game client.

#5 - Would be a lovely thing to add, but custom games shouldn't be a huge priority. If it were a side project of one or two people for when they need downtime from the big project, I'd support this fully. I just don't want to see Riot diverting resources from improving the modes the majority of the games are played in.

#6 - This has been proposed many times. You, unlike most, seem to recognize the ability for abuse. Awesome! The issue is that it can't be a "kick" feature, because very few people will want to join a champion select lobby that is already halfway done. It'd have to be a lobby-reset feature and have restrictions attached to not only stop it being abused by pre-mades, but to stop it being abused to avoid bad match-ups as well.

CjsOwner 01-10-2013 11:32 AM

@Boagster
"#2 - I believe the game already does this, only it just doesn't leave the UI for it up, so that everyone can accept/decline again, avoiding people who may have gone AFK from ending up in a lobby. Not 100% sure, though."

What I meant by this was that if someone is AFK they should get knocked out of the queue as do the decliners. But to keep everyone else that accepted in the queue and not knocked them out too. And if a group happens to some accept and some decline just knock them all out of queue(because it wouldn't make sense to break the group up).

Normally, If a queue doesn't start up it cancels and reactivates another one if you accepted. But i meant for the whole queue to stay up and not reactivate and fill the rest of the slots left. If that makes sense.. Hope that makes more sense! Sorry I didn't make it clear the first time :D

adc 01-10-2013 11:35 AM

What happens if someone who already their hero dodged, would the new person get that hero? It wouldn't work.

CjsOwner 01-10-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AD Bottom (Hozzászólás 33344426)
What happens if someone who already their hero dodged, would the new person get that hero? It wouldn't work.

I believe you are talking about somebody who has picked their champion? Am I correct? In this idea, I was more leaning towards just the queueing part when the client searches for the 10 players. If someone dodges in Champion Select, they should probably just knock everyone out because that wouldn't really be fair to the person joining the full lobby of already picked champions(nor enough time for that person).

adc 01-10-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CjsOwner (Hozzászólás 33344571)
I believe you are talking about somebody who has picked their champion? Am I correct? In this idea, I was more leaning towards just the queueing part when the client searches for the 10 players. If someone dodges in Champion Select, they should probably just knock everything out because that wouldn't really be fair to the person joining the full lobby.

But it already happens. You just have to hit accept again.