League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champ/Skin Concepts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Nayenne, the Survivor [v2] (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2986751)

Nysta 01-09-2013 04:45 PM

Nayenne, the Survivor [v2]

12 Attachment(s)
Nayenne, the Survivor

Splash art (sketch):

Attachment 591581

Description:

Nayenne is a thin 19 year old girl who wears two wristbands with attached blades. Whenever I'm talking about chains I'm talking about thin chains that are connecting the blades and the wristbands and that can be lengthened or shortened on demand. She wears a full suit that enhances every single movement she makes. The suit has been partially exchanged by implements seeing she had to look good for the game's TV-show and had lost all her rights. She has long hair. She does also have two giant swords on her back. How exactly that looks is too hard to describe and there might be some variations to it, too so I'll give it a try and draw some pictures of her. I can't do that all that soon though, I don't have that much time and I don't have the right equipment with me right now.

The lore can be found in the second post!

Stats:

Stat
Stat lvl 0 (+scaling) | Stat at lvl 18
Damage 52.5 (+3.25 / per level) | 111
Health 429 (+89 / per level) | 2031
Energy 200 (+0 / per level) | 200
Move Speed 350 | 350
Armor 16.5 (+3.5 / per level) | 79.5
Magic Resist 30 (+1 / per level) | 48
Health Regen/5 7.25 (+0.65 / per level) | 18.95
Health Regen/1 1.45 (+0.13 / per level) | 3.79
Energy Regen/5 50 (+0 / per level) | 50
Energy Regen/1 10 (+0 / per level) | 10
Range 125 | 125
Attack Speed (p/Sec) 0.665 (+2.65% / per level) | 0.964

██████████ > Attack
█████░░░░░ > Health
█████████░ > Difficulty
███░░░░░░░ > Spells

Abilities:

Note: Using her abilities limits her regeneration, not the further usage of abilities (except for the ult at early ranks). There sometimes is two effects on a single ability, one called blade/chain and the other called sword. These parts of abilities change when she activates her ult, and switches weapons by that. Her ult is available at level one, it does only allow for the weapon swap though.

Passive - Proficiency - Nayenne regenerates using her suits regeneration system. She does also gain effects based on her choice of weapons.

She regenerates by 0.6% of her maximum health times the % of energy she has each second. This means at 50% Energy she regenerates for 0.3% of her maximum health only.

Passive - Swords: Adds 6/12/18/24 Armor Penetration and 25 Range on her auto-attacks.

Passive - Blades: Adds 10/20/30/40% Attack Speed.

The sword and blade passives rank up with the ultimate.

Q - Chain Strike - Nayenne shoots out one of her blades on a chain. When hitting the target location it extends to some sort of anchor and starts pulling all enemies behind it up to a limit of two towards Nayenne over the course of one second. She can still cast other abilities or attack while the blade is on its way. Flashing, pulling a third target, switching weapons or hitting the pulled target with your E drops the pull effect.

Sword Dash - Nayenne dashes forward and aims for her targets feet, turning herself around one time. This does also knock up targets hit for 0.5 seconds. Note that this has a higher area of effect than the pull. This works like Tryndamere's E. It is not targeted.

If I had to guess, I'd say the pull has about 125 radius and the dash about 250 radius.

Damage: 60/90/120/150/180 (+1 per Bonus Attack Damage) physical damage.

This damage can critically hit and applies on hit effects. Damage dealt to further targets is decreased by 10% up to a maximum of 30%.

Range: 600

Cost: 40%Energy

Cooldown: 20/19/18/17/16 seconds.

W - Tech - Nayenne's weapons get enhanced. She can activate this ability to get ready to use other abilities faster.

Passive: Her Energy-Regeneration is increased by 20/40/60/80/100% while this skill is ready to use.

Passive - Blades: Adds 14/21/28/35/42 as true damage to her attacks by heating the blades.

Passive - Swords: Adds 14/21/28/35/42(+0.15 per Bonus Ad) to her usual total Ad by increasing her swords over-all weight. Does not stack with itself!

Active: Reduces the cooldown of all her other abilities by 3 seconds.

Cooldown: 8 seconds.

E - Kick - Nayenne prepares for a mighty kick gaining movement speed for a short duration. She can reactivate this ability to kick the closest target or wall and jump away from it.

Upon activation Nayenne accelerates by 25% over 1 second and stays at that speed for the next 2 seconds.

She can then reactivate this ability within those two seconds to execute a kick (skillshot) dealing 10/50/80/110/140(+1.2Ad)physical damage to the first target hit and jump to the opposite direction for 450 units should it have hit anything. Can also hit walls.

Range: 325

The kick applies a debuff called 'dazed' which slows the movement and attack-speed of the target hit by 15/20/25/30/35% for 1.5 seconds.

Can critically hit. Walls are kick proof. They will endure the kick, no worries.

Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10 seconds.

R - Stasis - Nayenne switches her weapons. She can reactivate this ability for 5 seconds after the initial activation to fall to her knees for 2.5 seconds and shield herself by that. The second activation has a cooldown of 90 seconds and can be used during crowd control effects (fear, silence, stun, taunt..).

This replaces her Q and W spells. The Q-spells have separate cooldowns.

While on her knees she becomes shielded by a stasis field. This will make her unable to interact with any of her surroundings and shield her for the amount regenerated during the whole effect. For every % of damage to the shield the duration of the overall stasis gets reduced by one %. Can't be interrupted. Healing reduction does only apply for 33% instead of 50% and does affect the maximum amount of shield but not the duration of regeneration. This means she regenerates the same amount when taking damage, just that it can't kill her during stasis. It can shorten the duration of the stasis though and effectively still damage her that way.

While in stasis she regenerates 8/12/16 times faster than normally (total up to 12/18/24% of her maximum hp).

Cost: None.

Cooldown: 18 seconds.

Animations

Death
Knees down, gets shielded. Shortly before reviving begins she starts channeling teleport to get back to base.

Dance
A bit like this. Would also make for a skin concept for her.

Taunt
Casually leans her hips to the left.
"You are of no danger to me."
"Life is of great value. If you're trying to take mine, I'll have to take yours."

Had more, but the forums crashed when I tried to update so..

Tips:

READ THE LORE - please!

Concerning the champion:

You can chain your Q and E spell in many different ways.You can sacrifice damage for more displacement. When kicking a target you are dragging towards you the drag will be stopped immediately.

You can boost your regeneration by a lot. If you build just a Warmogs and a Spirit Visage you can boost the regeneration via ultimate to a maximum of 43.2%. You can boost the regeneration further than that (counted Spirit visage in) with a Ravenous Hyrda (Health Regen) or any other Health Regeneration effect. For every health per second you will heal 48 Hp during the duration of the ultimate (at max rank!). This means you will regenerate an additional ~180 Hp all the time, no matter how much Energy you had. Once again, these values take into account that you have already built a Spirit Visage and receive the 20% heal bonus.

During the stasis you regenerate 40 seconds worth of hp if you want to hear it in other words.

Items:

Defensive:
Runes
Masteries - page is ****ed up, can't really spec into what one wants. Anyways, should give you an idea.
Attachment 608768Attachment 590440Attachment 590441Attachment 590443Attachment 609529Attachment 590864
Randuin's Omen is a good choice, too.

Offensive:
Runes
Masteries
Attachment 590860Attachment 590861Attachment 590862Attachment 590863Attachment 590442Attachment 590864
This build is good for assassinating only! You deal about 4 times the damage but you have about a third of the sustain you have with the other build. I'm not sure about which life-steal item to get, that is up to you. Also, you might consider exchanging some items for more sustain and make a mixture of those builds.

She is designed to be a top laner or jungler.

If you like it, I'm glad you like it. If you have any ideas how to improve it, tell me and I'll think about it. This is just a rework of another Champion Suggestion I made, but it is of such heavy impact, that I created a new thread for it, and left the old one be. You can see it here. If you feel like down-voting please don't down-vote but comment and tell me why you wanted to down-vote this unless I don't react to your comments at all!

Nysta 01-09-2013 04:46 PM

Lore:

In a far away world there was a planet whose inhabitants had absolutely no knowledge of magic. They had, however, developed such a high standard of technology that most people were bored to death and only entertained by the game.

Yes, there was a game they were playing. Almost everyone was playing the game from time to time. When playing the game, you were put into a suit which enhances the body and simulates collisions with simulated stuff that one could only see through special glasses. It was pretty cool a game. It got further developed and implemented into every-day life. One could play it when going to work, work while playing the game, because it adapted to whatever you actually had to do and so on. But seeing that it was now developing into every-day life, people needed a new cause of entertainment. That was when they inserted a 'hardcore' mode, where you could really fight with those suits. The weapons that were previously simulated became real to the extent it was possible. You were pretty likely to die in this mode seeing that every kill requires a death. Some people just like killing, others throw their lives away, not seeing any sense in it. And then there's those that get forced to play it, when they were viewed at as unfit for the community. All of it was broadcasted live.

In it lived a girl called Nayenne, but unlike in some fairy tale, which you might now expect she was a pretty normal girl. She fit the community too, and she played the game from time to time. Not the hardcore mode though, that was for the crazy ones, but it was entertaining to watch. The problem now was, that she was -falsely- accused of murder. The world was corrupt and by no means a perfect world. Some media guys needed new, interesting players. She suited that role perfectly. She was upon the top ranked players - regarding how little she played the game, not total. She hadn't even been hurt yet. And so she was sentenced to death. In that world that meant that she was forced to play the game in hardcore mode - fourteen hours a day, which was exactly what the media guys wanted.

Against all odds she survived two weeks. She had killed hundreds of people in the progress, full of hatred for being put in there for no reason and hatred on those people. People that killed just for fun. People that didn't value life. They deserved to die.

"I never chose this, but it clearly chose me. I will survive!" - Nayenne

Intro&Arrival of Nayenne in Valoran

Nayenne was put together with the best of the best. The craziest players. She had survived longer than most of them in just two weeks. She was one of those that had been forced to play the game.
Normally people that chose to play the game didn't play as much as prisoners and prisoners usually died on their first day. She had played 210 hours and killed 472 people. This was the beginning of her third week. She was about to put up a new record, category "the survivor". Just two minutes to go.

But when the gates opened this time and she entered the arena to kneel before her opponent, as was common before those matches, something changed. Everything around her grew dark. She remembered that that new device she got would activate from keeling down. That must be it. The stasis field was a totally new part she got, and it hadn't been tested thoroughly yet. It would hinder any contact to her if it worked as intended though, and by that help her survive longer. Still, this couldn't be what was intended to happen. She should merely be isolated. She felt as if she was being torn apart. Then she lost her consciousness.

The next time she awoke she was in some kind of laboratory. Everything around her seemed weird. Still very weak she looked around and saw some tall weird looking guy turning towards her. What had happened?

"Ah, you're awake." the guy took a break, then he added "I am Viktor."

She couldn't understand that language. She had in fact never heard anything like it. Still very confused she asked:

"What happened, where am I?"

"Hum, let's try this device here.."

Still gibberish. He gave her some communication device, at least that was what it had to be and repeated:

"I am Viktor. Concerning your last question. Honestly, I am not entirely sure as to what had happened. I developed some kind of field device to put up a stasis field. Then you appeared in the middle of it, kneeing just the way you are now. I might accidentally have developed some kind of teleporting device. You are currently in my laboratory; in Zaun."

Zaun? She had never heard of that. Some thing was wrong here.

"And who are you?", asked Viktor "You have some interesting technical devices with you."

"I am Nayenne." she took a deep breath and stood up "A prisoner from one of the great Arenas. You might call me a gladiator, seeing that I was sentenced to death by fighting there."

Viktor took a closer look at her. She seemed to be wearing some really interesting suit. And she seemed to be weakened at the moment. He might just go on and kill her to take her stuff and have a better look at it. But he had already taken a look at one of those parts. The technology was totally different. No techmaturgy at all. He couldn't do that. She might be of some other use though. Seeing that she said she was a gladiator it didn't seem all too clever to ask her to explain to him how her armor worked.

"So you're a good fighter then?" he took another break, not really expecting her to answer his question he added "I, too fight, for the sake of techmaturgy."

"That sounds as if it were from a game.. as if you mixed magic and technology.."

She laughed desperately. This couldn't be true.

"That's totally right."

Magic? There was no such thing. She looked around in his laboratory.

"Magic? Are you joking?"

In response, Viktor sighed and cast a spell using one of his devices showing her what he meant. What kind of weird place did he take that girl from?

"I'm not. Do you think there could be an other explanation for all of this? That device I gave you; I am sure you can't build something like that without techmaturgy. I ask you once again: Are you a good fighter?"

Now he had her full attention. She answered:

"In my world at least, I am."

That left some hope of his work not to be in vain. The field definitely didn't do what it was supposed to do, and on top of that, the field generator broke from that usage.

"That sounds good. An institute has been founded where different fractions battle each other in some kind of arena instead of going to war. It's called the League of Legends. If you pass their judgement you'd be a welcome ally to me."

She knew she was doomed in the place she came from. He didn't know it; he could probably think of it by her explanations though. She was pretty sure she could kill that guy. But then one doesn't kill ones savior. One helps him. She didn't want to fight. She had killed a lot already. She had been angry. She was no murderer in the first place. But now she surely was. It is not necessary to kill your opponents in the arena. She killed them all nevertheless.

The best thing she could do now was helping this man. It couldn't take forever.

So she said

"Just lead me there and let them decide. I won't just sit around. You saved my life and I will help you and your country if that's what you want."

and hit the road for her judgement.

Nysta 01-10-2013 12:39 PM

Added item-suggestions!

Van Wessel 01-10-2013 03:14 PM

Lol.. I thought I was in the erotic literature section for a moment.

But then I forgot Riot is G.

Nysta 01-10-2013 03:37 PM

What the ****? You just down-voted every single of my posts because you don't like it having a story (or didn't you?)? And how on earth is that erotic?

Nysta 01-11-2013 03:14 PM

Could those people that down-vote me please tell me why they do it?

Nysta 01-12-2013 10:35 AM

Added a little preview for the splash art I'm currently working on!

MindYourLanguage 01-12-2013 01:14 PM

Unique idea, nice, hopefully we see Nayenne as one of the future champs in League of Legends

Nysta 01-13-2013 12:49 AM

Yeah :)

Mytharionas 01-13-2013 02:09 PM

Sorry i've been late in getting this review out, i've ended up being free after my plans were suddenly canceled, and i've had stuff come up while I thought I was open for this. Regardless, here's my review...with one twist.

It seems like your concept received some negative feedback. This wouldn't be a big deal on its own, but that feedback commits the mortal sin of not having explained itself. With that in mind, at the end of this review i'm going to list some reasons I found that may have generated this seemingly unjustified negativity. (Keep in mind i've had this page open for days.)

Lore:
A different universe entirely, is that kind of barrier necessary? I don't see why just having a different world wouldn't suffice, as it did in Taric's lore. Not to mention the difficulty of having to rationalize how the magic in one universe would affect the events in another universal domain in a place specifically mentioned not to have magic.

As for the rest, it's not too shabby. Sure, it's confusing to read that she was framed for murder without any context as to why, but Nayenne must've been equally confused by that so it can work.

Aesthetics:
If i'm reading this correctly, her weapons are chained wristblades that can be extended and retracted on command. There could be some interesting mechanics down the line with that. As for the rest of her look, I can't really call heads or tails without some color to get a better idea.

She also has two giant swords, which make me wonder which her primary weapons are. I'll have to visit the abilities for this one.

Abilities:
Quote:

Passive - Regeneration - Nayenne regenerates using her suits regeneration system.

She regenerates by 1% times the % of energy she has each second.
That seems simple enough. But...Nayenne has absolutely 0 natural health regen. Not only that, but her passive health regen at full energy is 2 health per second. Correct me if i'm wrong, but seems absurdly weak from where i'm standing.

Quote:

Q - Chain Strike - Nayenne shoots out one of her blades on a chain. When hitting the target location it extends to some sort of anchor and starts pulling all enemies behind it up to a limit of two towards Nayenne over the course of one second. She can still cast other abilities or attack while the blade is on its way. Flashing, pulling a third target, switching weapons or hitting the pulled target with your E drops the pull effect.
I expected there to be some kind of pull effect when I looked at the description of her appearance. But you've done a great job making it unique to the other pulls. Would this ability affect minions as well?

Quote:

Sword Dash - Nayenne dashes forward and aims for her targets feet, turning herself around one time. This does also knock up targets hit for 0.5 seconds. Note that this has a higher area of effect than the pull.
While the chainblades pull, the swords allow you to dash? Two different ways to close the distance between you and the enemy, that seems like a good idea to assign to an ability.

Quote:

W - Tech - Nayenne's weapons get enhanced. She can activate this ability to get ready to use other abilities faster.

Passive - Blades: Adds 16/24/32/40/48 as true damage to her attacks by heating the blades.

Passive - Swords: Adds 16/24/32/40/48(+0.15 per Bonus Ad) to her usual total Ad by increasing her swords over-all weight. Does not stack with itself!

Active: Reduces the cooldown of all her other abilities by 2/2.5/3/3.5/4 seconds.
Alright, so the passive components give her some pretty strong advantages, and she can use it to shorten the cooldowns of her other abilities. It's a strange idea to put something like that on an energy champion, but it could be a really good idea too. Especially considering having to decide whether you want to conserve your energy in lane so you can keep yourself ready for an enemy attack, or use it to get closer to using your ultimate.

Huh, so only one ability changes depending on your weapons? Interesting approach.

Quote:

E - Kick - Nayenne prepares for a mighty kick gaining movement speed for a short duration. She can reactivate this ability to kick the closest target or wall and jump away from it.

Upon activation Nayenne accelerates by 25% over 1 second and stays at that speed for the next 2 seconds.

She can then reactivate this ability within those two seconds to execute a kick (skillshot) dealing 10/50/80/110/140(+1.2Ad)physical damage to the first target hit and jump to the opposite direction for 450 units should it have hit anything. Can also hit walls.
This ability sounds pretty awesome! Run up and kick off a target to build some speed, then punt an enemy. There is one question though...

You mention being able to reactivate the ability twice. It this an accurate representation, or is it only meant to be reactivated once?

Quote:

R - Stasis - Nayenne falls to her knees for 2.5 seconds and switches her weapons(stasis; visual effect: shield).

This replaces her Q and W spells. The Q-spells have separate cooldowns.

Passive - Swords: Adds 10/15/20 Armor Penetration and 25 Range on her auto-attacks.

Passive - Blades: Adds 20/30/40% Attack Speed.

Rank 2: Changes the ability, so she swaps her weapons and is able to reactivate this ability within the next 5 seconds, to fall into stasis.

Rank 3: Removes cost and triples all of her regeneration while in stasis.
Being an ultimate, it would have to grant more power as it grows stronger. By the way, I don't see any details whatsoever about the effects of Stasis's shielding component. Does it actually shield Nayenne in any way?

I don't see anything wrong with the passives, but I could use some clarification about the Rank 2 bonus. Does she lose the stasis shield of the first cast?

Final Thoughts:
I'm having mixed emotions regarding Nayenne. Her skillset is quite unique, and it would be interesting to see it in action. The passive however seems exceptionally weak to me, even compared to other champions base regen. I feel like i'm missing something critical when I look at it, can you shed any light on this?

Hope my review helped you out.

P.S:
I have a few ideas as to why someone would initially downvote Nayenne. These are not ideas I necessarily agree with, but I feel that they may have been a factor.

1. The alternate universe theme may leave a bitter impression on people when the lore could have (in their opinion) been just as serviceable without it. Not to mention a world without any magic being affected in any way by a techmaturgical machine from another universe seems a tad inconsistent.

2. Your 2nd post explaining how Nayenne came to Runeterra doesn't actually explain much. From what I could gather, it was a malfunction in Viktor's field manipulator that made it function as some sort of teleporter, but that doesn't offer any reason as to why Nayenne in particular was chosen.

3. Viktor didn't seem like he actually casts magic at all. His abilities all seem to be devices of some sort. So having Viktor himself demonstrate magic for her seems logically inconsistent.

4. The "game" on Nayenne's world may have reminded people of the Hunger Games. That could be beneficial or detrimental depending on who is reviewing it.

It could have been something else, but those are the ones I feel might have been responsible for the initial reception.