League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   The Howling Abyss (ARAM) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   If you can't play Blitzcrank (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2984488)

PrincessDerpy 01-08-2013 07:43 PM

If you can't play Blitzcrank

Please tell someone. There is nothing more frustrating than a Blitzcrank that couldn't grab the broad side of a 747. And there is nothing more useless than a Blitzcrank that can't land a single grab.

innervation 01-08-2013 08:56 PM

Blitz has one of the most rewarding mechanics in the game. It's easier to land in ARAMs. Let them have their fun. (Coming from someone with two blitzcrank skins and knows how to use him). I appreciate it when ppl trade me blitz, but I totally understand if they don't.

FDru 01-09-2013 04:36 AM

Even if he can't land grabs he still has an AOE silence every 20 seconds and a knockup every 3 seconds, and those are kind of hard to miss.

I'll take a bad blitz over a good blitz that thinks he's going to build pure AP cause he's so good and dies instantly everytime he pulls something.

LrdVprScrpn 01-09-2013 08:09 AM

A cardinal law of LOL is that the enemy Blitz will be some prescient being that can fold space and time to pluck you from places you didn't even know you were going, and the friendly Blitz will be too busy cleaning drool off of his keyboard to pull any champion that isn't a small mummy.

PrincessDerpy 01-09-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LrdVprScrpn (Hozzászólás 33307917)
A cardinal law of LOL is that the enemy Blitz will be some prescient being that can fold space and time to pluck you from places you didn't even know you were going, and the friendly Blitz will be too busy cleaning drool off of his keyboard to pull any champion that isn't a small mummy.

Speaking of pulling the wrong guy.

That feel when 10% HP Blitz pulls Darius whose ult is up. That FEEL man.

Rykaal 01-09-2013 07:28 PM

I rarely see a good blitz on my team, they are always to busy pulling in the tanks to your team, or anything you DON'T want in the middle of your team. Had one who pulled in Alistar, 13 times that game!

port5 01-09-2013 07:47 PM

In one of Grasshyrens videos, a blitz pulls (i think coxxy) garen into 3 people, and he gets a double and almost gets a triple, and walks away with 70% hp. "Yeah pull me into your team again and see what happens you little #@%!."

Warrrrax 01-10-2013 08:02 AM

Keep in mind that if you watch any pro videos of a blitz, you will think he sucks. Why?

At higher levels, people get better and better at dodging grabs. At pro level they will dodge 100% of grabs right at them.

Therefore a blitz will have to take lower probability shots literally aiming a bit to one side. The idea is to hope that they juke the shot and wind up getting grabbed.

Even a more advanced blitz player will not grab where they are but where they appear to be going, or where the blitz suspects they will go before they even go. This can easily make the blitz look like a fool when the enemy stops or goes a different direction.

So a good blitz player have to feel out his enemies and determine how good they are at dodging and anticipating and vs good players will have to take low-probability shots since they are free to spam grabs and landing a 20% one can make a big play.

Conclusion: Give your blitz player a break...they may be better than you think but are on the 'wrong level' so to speak.

LrdVprScrpn 01-10-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrrrax (Hozzászólás 33341094)
Keep in mind that if you watch any pro videos of a blitz, you will think he sucks. Why?

At higher levels, people get better and better at dodging grabs. At pro level they will dodge 100% of grabs right at them.

Therefore a blitz will have to take lower probability shots literally aiming a bit to one side. The idea is to hope that they juke the shot and wind up getting grabbed.

Even a more advanced blitz player will not grab where they are but where they appear to be going, or where the blitz suspects they will go before they even go. This can easily make the blitz look like a fool when the enemy stops or goes a different direction.

So a good blitz player have to feel out his enemies and determine how good they are at dodging and anticipating and vs good players will have to take low-probability shots since they are free to spam grabs and landing a 20% one can make a big play.

Conclusion: Give your blitz player a break...they may be better than you think but are on the 'wrong level' so to speak.

A problem I often have with Blitz/Nid/any skillshot champ is when playing against extremely bad people. They will not react the way they are "supposed" to. Most competent players will attempt to maneuver as soon as they hear the skillshot sound or see the animation. Bad players just stand there, or run away from the skillshot. So if I'm aiming for a 50% chance to hit against a good player who will instinctively dodge, I will miss a crappy player every time.

Of course once I identify the "bad" player it gets fun.

innervation 01-11-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrrrax (Hozzászólás 33341094)

qft