League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   If you can't play a role in ranked (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2983563)

Layla 01-08-2013 03:58 PM

If you can't play a role in ranked

Please say SOMETHING before picks begin. Not after first pick. Not after everyone else has picked. Not after game starts. BEFORE.

Slev 01-08-2013 03:59 PM

I remember in S2 I'd always say, "adc" then when the first pick said, "You're low pick, I get adc." I'd say, "fine I can't jungle though" and then they'd say, "too bad, you're in ranked queue, if you can't play a role, don't play ranked."

Catters 01-08-2013 04:00 PM

I'd say something, but if you're just going to force me into the role anyway after spamming chat with "I ONLEE TOP OR MID OR FEED" then I really see no point in engaging in reasonable discussion with you.

Layla 01-08-2013 04:04 PM

Everyone except last pick listed which roles they preferred and could play and jungle was listed twice. Everyone picked and jungle was leftover. Last pick locks in Maokai and then says, "Oh, I can't jungle."

No excuse.

The Noxian Man 01-08-2013 04:05 PM

Bump

SunshineFox 01-08-2013 04:06 PM

I've done this before, also said hey I'm really good at these champs, then said what champs I was good at "least banned champs" He banned them then raged cause I played one I wasn't really good at. Good times

Bad Luck Braum 01-08-2013 04:06 PM

It's not that I can't play it.

However that Said before anyone has locked in I make sure to say "ADC is my weakest" It isnt that I can't do it. It's that It's my weakest. xD

Kyraxis 01-08-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slev (Hozzászólás 33285464)
I remember in S2 I'd always say, "adc" then when the first pick said, "You're low pick, I get adc." I'd say, "fine I can't jungle though" and then they'd say, "too bad, you're in ranked queue, if you can't play a role, don't play ranked."

I mean, he's right. If you can't do everything, you shouldn't be in ranked. That being said, they could work with you.

Layla 01-08-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamnDirtyCat (Hozzászólás 33285500)
I'd say something, but if you're just going to force me into the role anyway after spamming chat with "I ONLEE TOP OR MID OR FEED" then I really see no point in engaging in reasonable discussion with you.

If you say something and you're still forced into a role, fine. The team has no excuse.
If you say nothing and expect everyone else to do something about it, it is your fault.

gradiuscypher 01-08-2013 04:07 PM

After working through a lot of my placement matches for S3, I've started copy+pasting this message from a sticky note on my desktop:

this is my order of skill level, though I'll fill in where needed:
jungle > top > support > adc > mid

It seems to facilitate discussion a bit better than trying to call my best roles. My two cents.