League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bilbo is offensive? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=298114)

irishspring 10-18-2010 08:52 PM

Bilbo is offensive?

I just went to sent my status message in League of Legends to "Oh Bilbo" and i got a message that said "The status contains one or more offensive words. Please remove the offensive words and retry."

Does Riot hate all hobbits? Or just Bilbo?

Maybe there is a slang term for Bilbo that I am just too un-hip to know. If so could someone please enlighten me? I don't wanna end up having someone call me a Bilbo in public and not be able to react accordingly.

Dinlek 10-18-2010 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishspring (Hozzászólás 3533447)
I just went to sent my status message in League of Legends to "Oh Bilbo" and i got a message that said "The status contains one or more offensive words. Please remove the offensive words and retry."

Does Riot hate all hobbits? Or just Bilbo?

Maybe there is a slang term for Bilbo that I am just too un-hip to know. If so could someone please enlighten me? I don't wanna end up having someone call me a Bilbo in public and not be able to react accordingly.

If someone calls you Bilbo, just cut off their ring finger to be safe.

Darkbyte 10-18-2010 08:53 PM

Bilbo

B----->D

Sindae 10-18-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkbyte (Hozzászólás 3533478)
Bilbo

B----->D

My first thought as well, but I can't believe they'd filter Bilbo for that.

Darkbyte 10-18-2010 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sindae (Hozzászólás 3533492)
My first thought as well, but I can't believe they'd filter Bilbo for that.

Kassadin is filtered for having ass in it so i wouldn't be surprised. Open up the language filters in your game folders and behold the fail.

Sindae 10-18-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkbyte (Hozzászólás 3533513)
Kassadin is filtered for having ass in it so i wouldn't be surprised. Open up the language filters in your game folders and behold the fail.

Wow, I just learned so many new curse words. Some of those are just hilariously bizarre.

Beardless Duck 10-18-2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkbyte (Hozzászólás 3533478)
Bilbo

B----->D

You have to change two letters to change that into anything that can be inserted safely into anything. "Duck" is closer to an offensive word than "Bilbo".

That being said, I am in favor of "Bilbo" being a banned word. Not because it is too close to "*****", but because I find Hobbits disgusting.

irishspring 10-18-2010 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PuppyGuts (Hozzászólás 3533635)
I am in favor of "Bilbo" being a banned word. Not because it is too close to "*****", but because I find Hobbits disgusting.

How dare you sir!

Kragorix 10-18-2010 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PuppyGuts (Hozzászólás 3533635)
That being said, I am in favor of "Bilbo" being a banned word. Not because it is too close to "*****", but because I find Hobbits disgusting.

The filthy hobbitsis, they want to take my precioussss...

Biomatter 10-18-2010 09:29 PM

I can't find the language filter file... Can someone help me find the lulz?