League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Define "numerous" (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2980250)

Arushni 01-07-2013 03:18 PM

Define "numerous"

Would you say "numerous" is more than three? If yes, then I have an inquiry...

I was watching some tournament streams, and from there decided to read up on some of the players in these teams. One player, who shall remain anonymous (though you may be able to figure out who if you follow this type of thing with any regularity), has the statement in his profile; "has been suspended numerous times for being a toxic force in an otherwise positive game/atmosphere".

This begs the question, and obvious implication; has this person been given preferential treatment because he is a part of a "profession gaming team"? Or at least as "professional" as one can be at playing video games. Any person here could probably cite "numerous" cases of people that have been banned after three visits to the Tribunal. Can we agree that that is the norm here? Three strikes and you're out? I can confirm it with some level of accuracy, because, sad to say, I was one of those people once. I have since reformed (on a completely new account), but that still makes me wonder; holding such a thing like this as a "badge of honor" by proclaiming it on your "biography" strikes me as a little... well, wrong. Being a continuous "toxic force" would warrant a ban, would it not? Or in the case that he has reformed, is it just "let bygones be bygones"? Why, then, are hundreds, if not thousands, of people still banned from the game and not given a chance to change their ways? We can argue that they had their chance, but that still brings us back to this tricky word; "numerous".

Define numerous.

theurbanraptor 01-07-2013 03:36 PM

nuˇmerˇous [noo-mer-uh s, nyoo-]
adjective
very many; being or existing in great quantity: numerous visits; numerous fish.
consisting of or comprising a great number of units or individuals: Recent audiences have been more numerous.

Arushni 01-07-2013 03:38 PM

So, what you're saying is; "yes"?

Exploding Barrel 01-07-2013 03:43 PM

If you read more red posts about that player, they lay out his punishments in great detail. And he had something like nine of them across multiple accounts. That was the main reason he lasted so long, he spread out his play across multiple accounts like many streamers do, and so it didn't build up to a permaban very quickly.

But yes, he may have gotten some preferential treatment at a minimum in extra playtime bought as Riot discussed how to handle the case. At the very least, the amount of attention he got from Rioters and getting his own announcement, etc, was technically preferential treatment.

Arushni 01-07-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel (Hozzászólás 33252851)
If you read more red posts about that player, they lay out his punishments in great detail. And he had something like nine of them across multiple accounts. That was the main reason he lasted so long, he spread out his play across multiple accounts like many streamers do, and so it didn't build up to a permaban very quickly.

But yes, he may have gotten some preferential treatment at a minimum in extra playtime bought as Riot discussed how to handle the case. At the very least, the amount of attention he got from Rioters and getting his own announcement, etc, was technically preferential treatment.

And how is that fair to everyone else exactly?

Sereg Anfaug 01-07-2013 03:54 PM

If it's the player I'm thinking of, he's on a new account - the first was permabanned, and additionally he was given a one year suspension from professional play on ANY account, which is harsher then the average player.

If it's someone else, then who knows... would need more information. Presumably, they're also on an alternate account, or haven't quite made it to permaban status yet.

Arushni 01-07-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug (Hozzászólás 33253213)
If it's the player I'm thinking of, he's on a new account - the first was permabanned, and additionally he was given a one year suspension from professional play on ANY account, which is harsher then the average player.

If it's someone else, then who knows... would need more information. Presumably, they're also on an alternate account, or haven't quite made it to permaban status yet.

Friend me in game and I'll send you his name.

Nevermind, I did read around and found out that the person in question seemingly was permabanned, but after quite a few given leeways, and only after doing something that certainly was mean (and something I had never did). Still wondering why such a thing was even discussed about the player, though, since it was certainly not his first time.

Zaresin 01-07-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arushni (Hozzászólás 33253310)

Nevermind, I did read around and found out that the person in question seemingly was permabanned, but after quite a few given leeways, and only after doing something that certainly was mean (and something I had never did). Still wondering why such a thing was even discussed about the player, though, since it was certainly not his first time.

It is hard to keep things under wraps when the people in question are in the spotlight. Also, when it comes to people in the professional gaming industry, it is harder to ban them as you have to way the pros vs the cons. They do the same with every perm ban. Did this player get more chances, possibly. Did it finally catch up with him, yes. Will it catch up with him again? Most def. Karma is very real...or is it conscience?

Exploding Barrel 01-07-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arushni (Hozzászólás 33253310)

Oh, I'm starting to think we're not talking about the same person. I meant IWillDominate, who was permabanned a few weeks ago in a highly PR-managed announcement from Riot.

I don't think anyone here can define what another individual means by "numerous." You'd have to ask him.

Zaresin 01-07-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel (Hozzászólás 33257331)
Oh, I'm starting to think we're not talking about the same person. I meant IWillDominate, who was permabanned a few weeks ago in a highly PR-managed announcement from Riot.

I don't think anyone here can define what another individual means by "numerous." You'd have to ask him.

I remember another professional player getting banned perm a while back on one of his accounts...want to say it was ayear ago.