League of Legends Community
12345 ... 8

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Competitive Events (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   High School 5v5 Tournament (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2979839)

Loammi 01-07-2013 02:00 PM

High School 5v5 Tournament

Thanks for your interest in the High School 5v5 Tournament. The format of the tournament will be Single Elimination, Draft Pick, Summoner's Rift. By participating in this event, you are helping establish eSports as a valid school activity. The tournament will begin on Saturday, February 16th at 10:00 am PST. All skill levels are welcome. To register your team, simply provide your team name along with each summoner name. Each member of your team needs to attend your school. You will also need a staff member from your school to send an email to MVHSGamingClub@gmail.com. This is only to confirm that all of your team members are legitimate students.

PRIZES:
1st Place: $20 RP + Triumphant Ryze Skin
2nd Place: $15 RP
3rd Place: $10 RP
4th Place: $5 RP
(note: Up to five players per team can receive prizes. If you have substitutes on your team, you will need to pick who will get the prize)

View the current roster at https://sites.google.com/site/mvhsesports/tournament

Addendum:
-All team members must attend the same high school.
-Each team may have up to 2 substitutes
-Level 30 is not required, but each player must own 16 champions

Loammi 01-08-2013 07:51 AM

There have been a few questions that have come up that I wanted to answer for everyone:
1.) You do not need to be an official school team. All 5 members need to attend the same high school, you just need a staff member to send an email that says "I can confirm that these 5 players are students at ______________"
2.) Yes, there can be more than one team per school. Just because another team has signed up from your school does not mean that you are not allowed to participate.
3.) Also... please make school appropriate team names. It is hard to justify a High School League when I have to explain to a parent why the opposing team is called xXGangstaKillaz187BewbzXx.

Thank you

ATastyDessert 01-08-2013 02:57 PM

This is a scam to make people have more friends irl isn't it?

Loammi 01-08-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATastyDessert (Hozzászólás 33283429)
This is a scam to make people have more friends irl isn't it?

I'm sorry if you get that impression. We are not fans of anything irl. The graphics are amazing, but the gameplay is really annoying and repetitive.

All joking aside, one of our goals is to get the world to take eSports more seriously. eSports requires the same amount of discipline and skill that most physical sports do, except we don't have to pay all the fees for uniforms, physicals, transportation, or any other irl stuff. Before I die, I want my schools eSports to be treated with the same celebrity as the football team.

Loammi 01-11-2013 11:02 PM

One more clarifying comment... This is an online tournament, not a physical one. No need to travel.

Loammi 01-18-2013 06:47 AM

Representing Mount Rainier High School from Des Moines, WA:
Team Name: Hallowed Demise
Summoner Names: xxbradyxx
jadorthedinosaur
peaceofwind
pokimoki
betterbrownbear

CrypticFox 01-18-2013 08:13 AM

Do we get anything if we win ?

Loammi 01-18-2013 08:48 AM

This event has been submitted as a prized event. We will announce prizes as soon as Riot gets back to us. Last time we hosted an event, Riot gave 1st place $20 RP + Triumphant Ryze.

Demon Seoul 01-18-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loammi (Hozzászólás 33290844)
I'm sorry if you get that impression. We are not fans of anything irl. The graphics are amazing, but the gameplay is really annoying and repetitive.

All joking aside, one of our goals is to get the world to take eSports more seriously. eSports requires the same amount of discipline and skill that most physical sports do, except we don't have to pay all the fees for uniforms, physicals, transportation, or any other irl stuff. Before I die, I want my schools eSports to be treated with the same celebrity as the football team.

You're not fans of anything irl..? That means in real life..if you didn't know...

CrypticFox 01-18-2013 10:06 AM

so if i want to play, all i have to do is ask a staff to email you an email saying that my team and all my teammates are part of the school ?