League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Queue Dodging (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2978831)

Nearly 01-07-2013 02:12 AM

Queue Dodging

Dear RiotGames, I find that in Solo Queue, if I have an unskilled player on my team or find that our teamcomp is bad or also find that a player on my team counterpicked him/herself, I dodge. I dodge to avoid a cataclysmic explosion of everyone yelling at eachother down 0-10 within the first 10 minutes.
I ask that you consider why players dodge & remove the penalty. It is not necessarily fair for people to have to wait an hour if they dodge twice, even about 4 games & a few hours apart. Please remove the dodge waiting time. I dodge to prevent disruptions of the summoner's code & in theory am preventing toxic play.

I just ask that the time be reduced, maybe even 10 minutes if you dodge & it stacks 10 every time you dodge.

Also, if I have a kid that goes Jungle soraka and auto locks & I have to dodge, that's not very fair to us.

ZeldaKick 01-07-2013 02:45 AM

lol Jungle Soraka.

adc 01-07-2013 03:50 AM

What's wrong with revive rally jungle soraka?

This guy 500 Elo yo.

ZeldaKick 01-07-2013 04:01 AM

I've never seen it done properly. Show me the ropes.

And I actually mean it, it'd be awesome to spectate something like that, since I miss playing Soraka, but can't see her standing up to well against creeps and you're feeding in lanes to lvl.

Anyway, I would dodge. I've wanted too, but I haven't because I'd rather take my chances and still lose, and save them for if I have an emergency.

Archa Tyrael 01-07-2013 08:35 AM

I think that you should be able to expend honor points in dodges. Like 5 teamwork honor points can be used to dodge a match, maybe.

Also the time stacking sounds good, if you dudge once within an hour, its 10 minutes, do it twice and its 20, do it again and its 40, dodge withing an hour of that last one and it's a full hour. It will be a full hour until you play a full match if you dodge from there on.

PogoPogoPogoPogo 01-07-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwaGGalikeJaGGer (Hozzászólás 33234233)
Dear RiotGames, I find that in Solo Queue, if I have an unskilled player on my team or find that our teamcomp is bad or also find that a player on my team counterpicked him/herself, I dodge. I dodge to avoid a cataclysmic explosion of everyone yelling at eachother down 0-10 within the first 10 minutes.
I ask that you consider why players dodge & remove the penalty.

Riot has considered why players dodge. And as it turns out, a lot of the times they're dodging because of the reasons you listed... which are the same exact reasons Riot lists for why the queue dodge penalty exists.

The only thing Riot thinks you should be dodging for is a legitimate intentional troll on your team. Unskilled players, bad teamcomps, people supposedly counterpicking themselves? These are all dodge reasons that Riot definitely wants you to have a dodge penalty for.

Nearly 01-07-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo (Hozzászólás 33241366)
Riot has considered why players dodge. And as it turns out, a lot of the times they're dodging because of the reasons you listed... which are the same exact reasons Riot lists for why the queue dodge penalty exists.

The only thing Riot thinks you should be dodging for is a legitimate intentional troll on your team. Unskilled players, bad teamcomps, people supposedly counterpicking themselves? These are all dodge reasons that Riot definitely wants you to have a dodge penalty for.

Riot strives to make the game better, hence PBE. If they want me to play a game with an idiot troll who doesn't know how to play the game that makes no sense. I hate the game when my team is full of trolls, why doesnt riot want to make us enjoy the game at all aspects?

Don't get me wrong, if I'm losing but having a great time because I don't have to see my auto-lock master yi dive 5v1 all the time. But please riot... fix this.

PogoPogoPogoPogo 01-07-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwaGGalikeJaGGer (Hozzászólás 33234233)
Dear RiotGames, I find that in Solo Queue, if I have an unskilled player on my team or find that our teamcomp is bad or also find that a player on my team counterpicked him/herself, I dodge.

None of this is trolling.

Extof 01-07-2013 07:09 PM

While it would be nice to see a short ban from ranked game dodges (5 minutes) I realize Riot would likely not even consider that. Instead, I would propose that players who dodge ranked games due to poor team compositions be allowed to play normal or dominion games while the ranked 30 minute lockout wears off. This allows players to dodge ranked games if their team comp is all trolls and still go and play normal games without worry. The current penalty is just too harsh and trolls either ruin the game (if you play) or ruin it if you don't (forced lockout). Case and point in order (us = u, them = t):

u - Taric - support
t - Mundo - likely jungle or bot
t - Ashe - bot
u - Singed - top
u - Tryndamere - jungle (myself)
t - Elise - mid
t - Teemo - top
u - Yi - AP mid after saying he can't handle an Elise
u - Sona - bot as ADC knowing she's not a true ADC

Dodged at 3 seconds to save the loss. Things like this are just dumb. We're countered in every lane with two of our picks being after theirs and were intentionally poor choices. Can't say how many times this has ruined games because I join against my better judgment (and to avoid 30 minutes of no game play) only to lose not at 20 minutes but drag it out to 40 minutes.

Finally, if Riot would feel this could lead to abuse, which I tend to think it would not, there could be a team composition assessment done during selection. This would mean that as long as the team composition contained the current meta by how Riot has designed champs, then the dodge could be made without penalty. If it did not, the dodge would result in the current lockout. Riot should consider what they feel each champions legitimate role could be and as long as the team had a normal make up the dodge could be made. And let's not forget that odd combos would still be played because if no one dodges, the game would go on.

Truly I don't see abuse potential and would like to suggest Riot look into one of these options. Thanks for reading.