League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champ/Skin Concepts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Review for Review - Opinions on Concept - AOE Auto Attack (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2978469)

TheHobbits 01-06-2013 09:54 PM

Review for Review - Opinions on Concept - AOE Auto Attack

1 Attachment(s)
First off, leave a comment and your opinion about this and a link to what you want me to take a look at and I'll leave a comment on your thread.

Now, I had an idea today: An aoe auto attack.
What does this mean?

Well I got the idea when thinking about splash damage, it damages targets next to the target you hit.
This Ranged AOE auto attack works as follows:

Attachment 588051

The circle is you. Your target is the colored diamond. The Blue is your auto attack.
Targets within the aoe take damage based on how much they are in the area of effect.
Does that make sense?

Discuss.

TheHobbits 01-07-2013 12:48 AM

Was just a thought was all....

ObscureClockwork 01-07-2013 01:13 AM

well ok, first question is not if the concept is balanced, but if you can balance it correctly.
a lot of ideas like this require more information
generally? yes, it makes sense, and can work. i pretty much expect steroids not the aoe and such however, and also a lower base AD. His/her skills probably would be centered around AoE, and such.

the problems would be though
1. runnan's hurricane
2. crit application
3. AoE
your design could work, but your drawing makes it seem more like an amalgam of twitch ult and kayle aa modifier. it can work, but would require balancing with the champion

Nysta 01-07-2013 06:58 AM

Hobbits, if I were to share my thoughts on this, would you really comment on more than the name of my champion concept being too similar to an actual champion?

The5lacker 01-07-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nysta (Hozzászólás 33237967)
Hobbits, if I were to share my thoughts on this, would you really comment on more than the name of my champion concept being too similar to an actual champion?

Probably not.

In regards to the concept, it's been something I've been thinking about myself, and I've got a number of ideas that I've been working on, but balancing it would be very difficult. I mean, Kayle's AoE autoattack modifier is crazy good already, so making it a cone would make for a character who can rip minion waves to shreds. He'd be a REALLY potent pusher.

TheHobbits 01-07-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nysta (Hozzászólás 33237967)

Nysta, I would reply with more than just my opinion on a name. Just leave a link.

Nysta 01-07-2013 02:24 PM

Okay.
So first of all I'd say you propose this to be a passive, right?
Assuming this to be a passive, I'd say that the attack range at which attacks are allowed to be made should be at least 50 units smaller than the actual range of the auto hit. So we have to assume an effective range of 600 units with a target range of 550. Obvious reason: You couldn't hit someone running away from you otherwise. Also you will need to lasthit, and you don't want to fire through the entire wave all the time. It's still about as bad as when trying to lasthit with Tristana.

Then, people that are closer to the middle of the cone would take more of the damage, right? I think, for every unit that stands between the target hit and the unit that hits the damage should be reduced by say further 25% to a minimum of 50%. This means when two people stand next to each other, both of them still take the damage they take from their usual positioning, they would only take less damage if they were actually standing in a row (assuming this to work like some wave of power). I got no clue how hard that is to do, but to do that, I'd propose there to be like 3 'main' shots rather than just one field of damage. Targets would reduce damage on anything behind them when in the same of those 3 areas. Also targets in the outer areas would take less damage than targets in the inner area. Say 100% inner area and 70% outer area. That seems about right to me.

I think if you do it like that, it makes sense. Otherwise you could add additional effects and let it be an active ability.

My Character Concept is still titled as Xyra, the Survivor, even though I renamed it after your comment about her name sounding like Zyra. Her new name is Nayenne, the Survivor.

I will respond to further answers of you concerning this thread, and should you comment on mine (and actually have read the Concept) I expect the same from you. If I think you took your time when commenting, I'm willing to have a look at more of your ideas. Just to equal the time it takes a bit.