League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Kat vs Akali??? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2978385)

Directw 01-06-2013 09:12 PM

Kat vs Akali???

Recently, I have seen alot Kat and Akali, most of them going mid. Despite the popularity of both champions, I have not yet seen both appear in the same game, one on each team.

Both champions have the same item build: sorcerer boot + Rylai + Gunblade + Deathcap.
Both champions snowball hard.
Both champions are very agile.
The difference is that Akali has more burst dagame to single target and Kat has more aoe damage.

This makes me wonder: Kat vs Akali, who is going to win?

Ceegan 01-06-2013 09:41 PM

akali because her stealth breaks kats burst unless kat forces akali to stealth before she tries then kat would win because she can easily doge akali's burst

powwder 01-06-2013 09:53 PM

kat would win. 2 of kats moves would hit akali while she is shrouded. plus oracles shuts down akali pretty well

Cenerae 01-06-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceegan (Hozzászólás 33229796)
akali because her stealth breaks kats burst unless kat forces akali to stealth before she tries then kat would win because she can easily doge akali's burst

Nope.

Kat's W and R can hit Akali in her shroud. Kat should win the matchup if she plays it well.

Directw 01-06-2013 10:42 PM

I checked lolwiki for the number. At lv18, It seems kat has higher damage number than akali.

kat full combo: e-->w-->q-->r, doing 1195 magic damage
akali full combo: r-->q-->e-->r, doing 950 damage. With her passive, she probably can do roughly 1000 magic damage.

I only play akali a few times and have never played kat.

My guess is kat probably would win if the fight is outside the akali's shroud. If the fight is inside the shroud, it would be an even match as Akali get 50 bonus mr from shroud.

However, it's just a guess based on a roughly calculated number.

PS: just an interesting thought, Akali get 50 bonu mr from shroud. So, the damage from kat's ult is (60-50)*10=100 magic damage, or 60*10-50=550 magic damage. ehhhh, This is really big difference.

KGBElite 01-07-2013 01:37 AM

Well Kat shouldn't build gunblade anymore, not optimal after her rework.

But IMO Kat has better burst, so Kat would win, not taking into consideration the shroud.

JawniHawni 01-07-2013 03:14 AM

Having played as Kata against Akali, I can tell you that Kata has pretty easy time against Akali. And this was before the new Kata. I imagine it's easier now with the new W.

rikoLash 01-07-2013 05:44 AM

Well first of all you shouldn't be buying Gunblade on Kat...
Second of all, as a Kat player, I have played against Akali mid on several occasions, and have always won lane. I guess it's also based slightly on skill, a good akali might be able to tough out the lane and overtake kat after lvl 6 from ganking and roaming.

All Delete 01-07-2013 06:25 AM

run out of kats ulti, come back in, shroud, gg kata.

Methredhele 01-07-2013 04:14 PM

I play Katarina as a main. I have never lost to an Akali.
Imo, Kat>Akali