League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Mordekaiser build... Debating with myself. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2977306)

xDivineCC 01-06-2013 05:45 PM

Mordekaiser build... Debating with myself.

I've been debating with myself in terms of my builds with Mordekaiser. I always feel ok building the builds. I always add in different items in terms of the direction of the game. However, if i wanted more damage.... which build would be better.

Back in late season 1 and whole of season 2, I would always go for this build... :

Tier 2 boots (merc/sorc/tabi/etc) [ Depending on the game ]
Hextech gunblade
Rab cap
rylai's
Lichbane
zhonya's hourglass

(TOTAL AP = 556.25 [Excluding mordekais'ers base AP and my runes])

Since liandry's torment came out... I feel the need to build it because of its unique passive burn which is great for mordekaiser since it needs to tear through shields(like riven's), etc.
the build turned out like this....

Tier 2 boots (merc/sorc/tabi/etc) [ Depending on the game ]
Hextech gunblade
Rab cap
rylai's
Liandry's torment
zhonya's hourglass

(Total ap= 543.75 [Excluding mordekais'ers base AP and my runes] )

Reasons why i built lichbane: I love hitting people with Q and thats what i do in team fights.

This is only for a perfect circumstance. Of course the build always changed depending on the game play... So which build actually does more damage than the other?

I am confused whether if the gradual damage from the liandry's torment or lich bane's strong power up for mordekaiser's q do more damage.

Side note: Liandry's torment powers up all of mordekaiser's builds.
Side note: Gotta hit the running opponent from mordekaiser.

Friend note: My friend says that the burn damage does significant amount of damage over time and great early game build with the magic pen of the haunting guise.

FOOT NOTE: DISREGARD TIER 3 BOOTS

EDIT:

Build order -> Boots + x3 pots / hextech revolver / either rush cap or rylai's or zhonyas at the same time get [ sheen or haunting guise ] / finish everything else off except hextech gunblade / finish hextech gunblade.

Autocthon 01-06-2013 06:05 PM

Don;t get Gunblade. Problem solved. (WotA is better)

TealNinje 01-06-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autocthon (Hozzászólás 33221392)
Don;t get Gunblade. Problem solved. (WotA is better)

Does Mace of Spaces convert Mordekaiser's bonus AD into magic damage or simply add on?

Because if its an add-on, then Gunblade is still the most efficient item for Mordekaiser.

Autocthon 01-06-2013 06:18 PM

I actually have no idea, however I do know that WotA is like 1200 gold cheaper with more AP.

Which is way more important in terms of ramping up in damage.

Edit: Mace of spades has 100% bAD scalar. Whether that means you'll be doing AD+bAD +(bAD as magic damage) or just AD+(BaD as magic damage) I ave no idea

xDivineCC 01-06-2013 11:42 PM

I only build the hextech gunblade for the normal hitting dmg and the activation for the slow. THE ONLY time i build hextech gunblade is when i finish everything else.

The main discussion... LICH BANE VS LIANDRY'S LOL.

My friend says liandry's.

xDivineCC 01-06-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TealNinje (Hozzászólás 33221678)
Does Mace of Spaces convert Mordekaiser's bonus AD into magic damage or simply add on?

Because if its an add-on, then Gunblade is still the most efficient item for Mordekaiser.

Not so sure. I was vsing a malphite and my Damage SUCKED when i hit him with a mace of spades. I harassed him hard with my siphon. So i guess it does.

Note... Malphite has lots of armor if you didnt know. lol

TealNinje 01-07-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xDivineCC (Hozzászólás 33231162)
Not so sure. I was vsing a malphite and my Damage SUCKED when i hit him with a mace of spades. I harassed him hard with my siphon. So i guess it does.

Note... Malphite has lots of armor if you didnt know. lol

Mace of Spades does magic damage if you didn't know.

Also, maxed Mace of Spades is Mordekaiser's strongest and scariest ability. I'd take 3-4 Siphons of Destruction rather than let Mordekaiser hit me with a single-target Mace of Spades.

JustMyBassCannon 01-07-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TealNinje (Hozzászólás 33221678)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autocthon (Hozzászólás 33221812)
I actually have no idea, however I do know that WotA is like 1200 gold cheaper with more AP.

Which is way more important in terms of ramping up in damage.

Mace of Spades replaces his base AD with the spell's base damage, scales his bonus AD at 1.0 (1.65 if single target), adds 0.4 (0.66) AP, and applies on-hit effects (converting them to magic damage if necessary).

It's true that WotA is cheaper, and gives 15 more AP. Gunblade, however, is an overall stronger item, especially since it adds an extra nuke to his kit, as well as CC.

Cystemic 01-07-2013 07:36 PM

I love how much all of you are derailing his thread with your Mace of Spades bull****.

Liandry's if your engagements are taking a long time, for example if you're facing or are part of a poke team. Lichbane if jungle ganks/movement is more frequent, when you can post in a bush and smash them with all your goods.

TealNinje 01-07-2013 07:42 PM

Liandri's with Ultimate, how much AP do you need to kill a target over the duration?

I know, Liandri's passive doesn't function that well considering the nuke part of Children of the Grave, but it has magic penetration, helping that along anyway.