League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   New Player Forum (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Does playing Co-Op make you better at PvP? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2976949)

Ruthiebee 01-06-2013 03:46 PM

Does playing Co-Op make you better at PvP?

Just like the title says, will playing Co-Op make you better at PvP? Or are they to different? thank you in advanced. :)

Skye Mirror 01-06-2013 03:48 PM

It will make you a little bit better at the champ that you are playing, but playing co-op will not make you any better at PvP. Bots are just too easy to play against.

Ruthiebee 01-06-2013 03:49 PM

Thank you for answering so quick. :) Even the intermediate bots are too easy?

OhBoyItsaMegaman 01-06-2013 03:54 PM

Even intermediate bots are too easy. Actually, easy might be the wrong word. They just don't act in the way that humans do. They're not aggressive enough when they could easily kill you, and they're not defensive enough when you could easily kill them. Too much time playing against bots means you don't learn how to survive in lane. You don't learn how to fear or how to be feared.

Ruthiebee 01-06-2013 03:56 PM

Oh okay thank you!! I guess I'll try pvp more. :) so maybe co op is just for trying out new champions?

SchierkeWiking 01-06-2013 03:56 PM

Nope. I mean, it's good as any game mode for learning the absolute basics of a champion (what their skills do, how do they "feel"). But bots can't pose even half the threat that the average League player.

They are far more predictable and less coordinated... well, maybe with the exception of the bottom of the barrel when it comes to human players.

Ruthiebee 01-06-2013 04:00 PM

Well thank you all for your help. One last question, how do they find matches/players for pvp? based on your summoner level?

TehomCD 01-06-2013 04:44 PM

Summoner level plays a strong factor, but it's mostly based around a hidden 'Elo' rating that tries to measure your strength as a player. There's a lot else that goes into it though, mostly based around peolpe queuing together, trying to match premades against one another, etc. The matchmaker does its best, but the inconsistency of players themselves can throw things off a lot.

Techno Dragon 01-06-2013 04:46 PM

Yes, generally based on summoner level. Except in ranked, then you get matched based on your elo (Don't worry about that for now)

vs. Ai is also good for learning to last hit minions, and learn simple jungle routes. It's also nice for testing out a new champion before you actually try to play them in a pvp match.

SuperRofltank 01-06-2013 04:49 PM

Usually I only use coop to see a new champion's abilities and how they work or to test a build. Sometimes I also use it to practice Jungling, Support, etc. If you play Coop too much I suggest you move on to Pvp. It's a more challenging aspect and will train you more, even if you do not so good. You may suck at first, but you will learn as you play.