League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   The Howling Abyss (ARAM) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Trundle (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2976151)

Conagozn 01-06-2013 09:35 AM

Trundle

Am i the only one that thinks trundle is viable in ARAM/ABAM? For the most part I play Abams and a lot of the time i choose trundle. I think it mainly has to do with build choice and style of play. The way I play trundle is i Max E and get early CDR with spirit visage and glacial shroud. This leads me to around a 6 or 7 second cooldown on the pillar, that means there is only a 2 second period where it is not on the map. This is excellent for setting up blitz pulls or catching someone trying to poke us out of position. It also makes us impossible to chase when as soon as they leave the first pillar another one pops up right infront of it. Ive actually stopped a team from killing the nexus by making them unable to get to the nexus when my team died. Anyway, it might just be me but I have constant success with trundle.

TL;DR trundle is good in proving grounds.

Ralfazar 01-06-2013 02:14 PM

Wtf is ABAM? Is that supposed to be ARAB?

Frozenepic 01-06-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralfazar (Hozzászólás 33216027)
Wtf is ABAM? Is that supposed to be ARAB?

Clearly it stands for:
Acquire
Binoculars
And
Monocles

ZyniX69 01-06-2013 02:19 PM

All blind all mid

Jeddite 01-06-2013 02:24 PM

I do something similar. Max E, rush Frozen Mallet. Avoid engaging unless you can trap an opponent with a well-placed turdpillar.

Trundle + Veigar = high-larious results.

innervation 01-06-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conagozn (Hozzászólás 33208573)
Am i the only one that thinks trundle is viable in ARAM/ABAM? For the most part I play Abams and a lot of the time i choose trundle. I think it mainly has to do with build choice and style of play. The way I play trundle is i Max E and get early CDR with spirit visage and glacial shroud. This leads me to around a 6 or 7 second cooldown on the pillar, that means there is only a 2 second period where it is not on the map. This is excellent for setting up blitz pulls or catching someone trying to poke us out of position. It also makes us impossible to chase when as soon as they leave the first pillar another one pops up right infront of it. Ive actually stopped a team from killing the nexus by making them unable to get to the nexus when my team died. Anyway, it might just be me but I have constant success with trundle.

TL;DR trundle is good in proving grounds.

This actually doesn't surprise me. ARAM, really PG in general is about matchups, and filling roles. I'm a believer - and I know others on this forum aren't - that a good PG team has a tank or two. So yeah, if Trundle is with 4 other all stars, I can see that working out. But I think it's less a function of Trundle = good at PG, and more a function of Blitz +poke/burst dmg/sustain dmg + tanky cc = good team.

I love that you've found success with someone who is 'ARAM challenged' However: "ARAM viable" isn't a term I'd use. Viable is too black and white - it's all circumstance based. I'd rather have Trundle than no tank at all (probably), but I'd still rather have most other tanks than trundle.

Flugun 01-07-2013 02:35 AM

ABAM is gay. Don't do it. All we need is ARAM's no point in trying to negate some things typical players do. Just join, see who you have (if you REALLY can't stand a champion *like teemo, then leave.) and once you have someone just load and have fun. Stop whining. It's ARAM's

zztophat 01-07-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flugun (Hozzászólás 33234507)
ABAM is gay. Don't do it. All we need is ARAM's no point in trying to negate some things typical players do. Just join, see who you have (if you REALLY can't stand a champion *like teemo, then leave.) and once you have someone just load and have fun. Stop whining. It's ARAM's

Or how about we let people play the mode they want rather than force them to play the mode you think is best?

LrdVprScrpn 01-07-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flugun (Hozzászólás 33234507)

I think we have identified the guy that can't read the name of the room, waits until host starts, says "OMG HOST FAIL!" and then quits.

Flugun 01-13-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LrdVprScrpn (Hozzászólás 33240079)
I think we have identified the guy that can't read the name of the room, waits until host starts, says "OMG HOST FAIL!" and then quits.

No, Actually i just identified that new players are actually trying to make Abam's.... i see the purpose for them and they are gay. STFU and play.