League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   New Player Forum (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   better solution than Leaver Buster (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2975855)

NINJAVIL 01-06-2013 06:06 AM

better solution than Leaver Buster

i am new at lol , my friend said lol is a good game and to play it, i played and i liked it,but the leave buster sytem is a kind of harsh, i know no players like it when their team mate leave the game,maybe the player didnt leave, he got disconnected and banning players for this is no fair.i get disconnected sometimes,and its not even my fault and got banned :( , all players will not have the best isp so they may get disconnections.please take a look at this solution --- if a player gets disconnected x amount of time his rp/ip will be reduced by ____ this much and if they leave the game x amount of time their summoner lvl will go down 1 lvl for example a lvl 2 player will go down to lvl 1 and vice versa, this is far better than banning

Dark Nephthys 01-06-2013 08:27 AM

Keep in mind that to be banned for Leaving or going afk, you have to do it a lot of times. If your getting disconnected by a problem with internet on your end, then just play custom or with friends that wouldn't care until you get the problem solved. If you get disconnected randomly but not to often then don't worry about and just play, because it wouldn't be common enough to get you banned (unless it does this randomly over the course of let's say a year) But really though, also if you actually were disconnected from the game, then the game would just try to re-connect you and your character walks to your base. It's happened to me once, but after that it was fine.

Your idea wouldn't solve the afk/leaver problems. Because there's always people doing this type of stuff for fun and to annoy others. If they don't get banned from doing this, but only lose IP or exp (Nothing should ever decrease your RP though since you have to buy it) then why would they care? The people that troll their team mates by purposely leaves wouldn't care about losing IP since they could just buy RP and get any champ they want, and their only purpose is to annoy you so they wouldn't care about their level.

The leaver buster is fine, and it takes a lot of afk/leaves to really cause a ban. Unless you leave in like multiple games in a row then that will speed it up quite a bit.

Panzerfaust 01-06-2013 09:39 AM

While it might not be your 'fault,' your internet connection is your responsibility. You aren't banned or even suspended for a single leave, you need to spend significant time afk over quite a few games, or leave several. The concept is really simple, if you don't have the time or means to play, you don't play, one way or the other. If I had to estimate, I'd say I left somewhere around 10-15 games in my time on LoL (I've played somewhere over 1k games, it might be over 2k by now, so that's a small ratio). It would have been higher if I chose to continue playing when my internet connection was sketchy, but I chose not to. I did this not only because playing with an iffy connection is a jerk move to my teammates and opponents, but because it feels like **** when you get disconnected.

If it's frequent enough yet unpredictable, that's something you need to figure out. Contact your ISP, use Google, clean up your PC, check the Help & Support forum... (Stand you're ground when talking to your ISP, even if you don't know what the problem is, you want them to check their end, not just tell you everything is fine.)

The reason your solution wouldn't work, is that it would be irrelevant to those who have a lot of time or money, wouldn't have a lasting impact on players (compared to not being able to play when you want to play), and can actually just feel that much worse in certain situations (again, without leading towards improved behavior/comprehension).

Also, negative behavior, including leaving, has an effect on more than just that game. I know a lot of players say 'you ruined the game of 9 other players,' but that's not entirely true. Your behavior can have a far more wide-reaching effect, impacting players you won't even be playing with. While it doesn't happen to every player every game, the negative experience caused by a player in a previous game can push a 'borderline' player to get frustrated enough to cause a negative experience in other games...

AwkwardCaik 04-23-2013 06:21 AM

My leaver level was high then my computer exited it and i got banned it doesnt ever do that. It said my picture card wasn't working or something.

Dovie1107 04-23-2013 11:29 AM

people say that you have to leave a game, or go afk or whatever many times before you get banned but I left two games and was banned. I left one because i had to go to work and the other one, my League crashed and they won the game before i could reconnect. Riot then banned me for a day and I moved to a new account and usually dont play on that one anymore... >.< That's all, I just wanted to let that be known.

GiselleVonWolf 04-23-2013 11:38 AM

While no one really knows exactly how it's calculated, it's often assumed that leaves during your first few games cause a higher chance of being banned simply because 2 out of say 4 games means you go afk/leave 50% of the time. There's obviously more to it, but when there's only a few games to go off of, it can really seem like a harsh system.