League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champ/Skin Concepts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Nasus art rework and a new 5v5 map (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2975691)

Umbra13 01-06-2013 02:52 AM

Nasus art rework and a new 5v5 map

When Elise was released, Riot did a big thing where there was kind of a big "package"; she was part of an entire patch that had this entire Shadow Isles theme, new items, and a new version of Twisted Treeline, in addition to Elise herself. Well, after reviewing the most recent additions to the champ roster, I noticed something: we haven't seen anything happen from the Nasus/Renekton story arc in a long time. Granted, it kind of feels like Riot is starting to care less and less about the lore, but I think someone could take the Nasus/Renekton story and do a kind of "package" thing, like what was done with Elise and the Shadow Isles: a new champ from that story arc could be developed, and be released with a new Ancient Egypt/Desert themed 5v5 map. Now I know that Riot has recently stated that they have no plans to do a new 5v5 map anytime soon, but I still think it would be a great idea. As part of this package, Nasus can also get some new artwork; heaven knows he needs it (currently, he looks like a cartoon character compared to the artwork of, say, Jayce or Zed).

I don't think I am the only one that feels this way about the Nasus and Renekton lore either; I have seen the ideas of other summoners who would also like to see at least a new champ from this story arc. Unfortunately, I don't remember the summoner's names, but I saw some very interesting suggestions for an AP mid champ modeled after the Ancient Egyptian god Bastet (in the same way that Nasus is modeled after Anubis), or a support champ that is like an Arabian genie (Malzahar has a skin kind of like this, but I think this concept can be developed further). Personally, I think it might be cool to see an AD carry modeled after the Egyptian falcon god Horus.

I know none of this is going to happen anytime soon, but I still think it is a cool idea.

AFriendlyHunter 01-06-2013 03:37 PM

I support the idea, Nasus was my first champion and I believe he deserves new artwork

Umbra13 01-06-2013 04:27 PM

Out of all that I mentioned, I do think that new Nasus artwork and a new champ from that story arc are the most feasible. I doubt we will be seeing a new map anytime soon. But I have seen many interesting suggestions for champs, like the ones I mentioned.

mhaetsts 01-06-2013 04:45 PM

This seems....AWESOME

DGK Diablo 01-08-2013 11:49 PM

Please RIOT!! BUMP!

zelmawizard 05-29-2013 10:59 PM

i highly support this as although asus wasn my first, he s the closest to my favourite god anubis and i loe te desert and that rthere should be anoter 5v5map other than sommerners rift, you could male a 5 lane game

trackstar20 05-29-2013 11:48 PM

Both Renekton and Nasus are based off of Egyptian gods, and I agree new art and a new champ to the mix would be nice. There are many Egyptian gods Riot, please make something happen. And I would love the 5v5 decked out to look like Egypt at least for like a special release. I mean they used to do it for Halloween and Christmas, so why not then.

Zeddicus4 05-30-2013 12:21 AM

I have been obsessed with the Egyptian gods since i was little and was drawn straight to nasus and renekton, this is a great idea. As everyone is saying it will be a slow process but i think it would be great to have any concept ideas for this posted to the thread so we can make some headway. I have yet to try creating the abilities for champs and lore, ect but i could start on some artistic concepts and really want to see this idea come to life!