League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Malady on Yi... (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=29743)

djeine 11-28-2009 01:28 PM

Malady on Yi...

Just wanted to know Yi players' opinion on this one...

Is malady worth it on Yi?

I've been geting it after madred's razors, berserker boots and philosophers' stone(wich i'm not so sure about too)...

is it a good build or should i get starks instead?

thx

Barotix 11-28-2009 10:05 PM

Infinity, Phantom, Boots, Mallet, go.

Xailion 11-28-2009 11:40 PM

Razor, Malady, Boots, Edge gogo

My Yii goes:

Razor
Malady
Boots
Starks
I.Edge
Black Cleaver / Last Whisper

keftes 11-29-2009 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xailion (Hozzászólás 328101)
Razor, Malady, Boots, Edge gogo

My Yii goes:

Razor
Malady
Boots
Starks
I.Edge
Black Cleaver / Last Whisper

Your Yi is very bad if you play with Stark's and malady...

Dur4n 11-29-2009 10:27 AM

i roll
philosopher's stone
boots 3
madreds
bloodrazor
zeal
infinity edge
then finish phantom or go for a bloodthirster/frozen mallet

recently though ive been picking up a malady before finishing the bloodrazor

Jarkill 11-29-2009 11:31 AM

Well, I've heard a rumour about Malady proccing Bloodrazor.

In addition, Malady adds true damage increasing per hit on a character that attacks fast, and gives lifesteal.

If the enemy hero has say, 75% damage reduction, then 100 points of damage = 25 points of actual damage. Malady therefore gives over 100 points worth of damage in this situation - ie worth more than a bloodrazor - with the same base lifesteal (you lose out 10% in the end though) and some bonus attack speed. Moreso, this bonus stacks to *EVERYONE*, so that everyone attacking the target gets the same bonus. Also 50% atk speed increase.

Maladies only really good when the enemy has an insane amount of armour for Li, though, since a Cleaver or Whisper can probably do the same thing.

Cleaver is probably the best bet IMO, but if the enemy is really, REALLY stacking armour then malady or whisper is probably the better item. If you can get your teamates to focus whomever you are attacking, malady possibly wins out.

Vladou 11-29-2009 04:07 PM

My Yi build:
Chalice of Harmony
Berserker's Greaves
Phantom Dancer
3x Infinity Edge

Now why the 3 IE? I get to 101% chance to crit and get to 400+dmg, with the 2.5x crit dmg. The only problem of this build, is that you don't do alot of dmg early game, but once i get my Phantom (possibly earlier) and start kiling, heads just start rolling. Any feedbacks would be appreciated, until now, i've been doing good with this.

djeine 11-29-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vladou (Hozzászólás 330216)
My Yi build:
Chalice of Harmony
Berserker's Greaves
Phantom Dancer
3x Infinity Edge

Now why the 3 IE? I get to 101% chance to crit and get to 400+dmg, with the 2.5x crit dmg. The only problem of this build, is that you don't do alot of dmg early game, but once i get my Phantom (possibly earlier) and start kiling, heads just start rolling. Any feedbacks would be appreciated, until now, i've been doing good with this.

why dont you try swaping those extra infinity edges for another phantom and a mallet?

Felix Akasaka 11-29-2009 04:41 PM

Vladu, with 70-80% crit chance and Highlander, that's GG for any single hero already. Get some life steal and make it 2 heroes.

Vladou 11-29-2009 05:15 PM

Sorry had to cut it short to go wash the dishes.

@ Felix Akasaka
Ok, i tried Life Steal in beta and didn't like it, because, I would only benefit from it end game, i think that it's useless early. Plus, i play with Exhaust and Flash (Used to play with Ghost). My play style goes like this, i pick my target Alpha strike on it, pop my Wuju Style then Highlander. Usually then don't stand a chance, Exhaust will be used on any target focusing me or my target trying to get away, what happens when my first target dies, all my cds come back and i just start downing each target one by one, in about 10 secs 5 players are dead. Flash or Ghos would be used o eaither catch up to an escaping target or to get out of trouble. If everything goes well, i finish agame with 20+ kills easy.

And to why i focus on 3 IE is for the dmg, mainly, against low hp nukers, i do fairly good, since i can meditate after, and againt high hp tanks, it goes well too.

@ Djeine

I won't get another phantom since i want to try a full %Attack Speed page, which would get me to 24.91% attack speed, i don't know if i would reach the hardcap with this, but surely with Highlander... I'm only lvl 14 atm, in beta i would go for a full page of +crit% which gave me 20%... If this doesn't work, i'll probabl try to mix Attack speed%/Dmg or go full Dmg. And mallet is useless for me since i 3-4 shot lvl 18 and it takes me less then 8-9 blows for high hp targets.