League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Why should I build Armor....... (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2973392)

YeZombie 01-05-2013 10:33 AM

Why should I build Armor.......

I was just top Elise against Fiora, and her burst is unGODLY. I was pissed so I bought ninja tabi, and that had NO FKN EFFECT. I then bought a chain vest since i was even more pissed, and that still didn't work since she had a brutilizer. pretty sure he had ARPEN runes and masteries or something.

This is bullcrap though. Why build armor when the enemy can just decimate me with it? I ended up with a frozen heart and tabi, and STILL getting beat down.

Mystgan 01-05-2013 10:50 AM

Why do you lose as Elise? Fiora engages, you stun her and win trade.

Autocthon 01-05-2013 10:54 AM

Elise can walk all over fiora if you're not an idiot.

Also it's called hourglass. Press hourglass, negate ult. Laugh as you blow the worthless melee carry into a thick pasty goo.

LiveEvil666 01-05-2013 03:23 PM

always funny when someone is horrid and blames it on the game...

VĂ«geta 01-05-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystgan (Hozzászólás 33180263)
Why do you lose as Elise? Fiora engages, you stun her and win trade.

This.Firora really shouldn't be able to do anything to you...in fact her Repel dodges Blade Waltz if i'm not mistaken. On top of hourglass, you should be able to mitigate 100% of her burst.

Doesn't mean your wrong though. If you have less than 100 armor your essentially going to get hit for true damage with the current prevailing builds. You further complicated your problem by building armor to mitigate ArPen... which is designed to mitigate your armor. That said, I agree completely though that ArPen is a little out of control. It's function should be mitigating some armor to do more damage... not all of it.

Build more HP items if you're getting outplayed in the future as you won't see any benefit from armor if enemy is building BC/LW.

Snido 01-05-2013 06:43 PM

It really doesnt matter with LW/Black Cleaver Combo and how cheap HP is building Armor is worthless.

Bastilean 01-05-2013 11:03 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing the price of Frozen Heart and Thornemail coming back to the Season 2 prices. Without health, these items are begging for your opponents to build LW and BC.

I honestly think the Frost Borne Gauntlet, Sunfire Cape and Randuin are worth the full price they currently are at.

The Atma's still sits very poorly for item slot real-estate. On Volley Bear it doesn't look effective to me, sooo it's pretty much not effective. Maybe if it was more armor. Frost Borne Gauntlet is 60 Armor. That's a good place to start.

DarkenDragon 01-07-2013 06:14 AM

if your building armor just for the sake of armor, your playing the game wrong

every armor in this game has a unique attribute to it that you can only get with this armor. thats the reason you build the armor, not because it has armor on it. the fact that theres armor on it is a bonus. not the purpose.