League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champ/Skin Concepts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   [January MCCC Entry] Lerach, Bane of the Void (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2973198)

Green Earth Guy 01-05-2013 08:55 AM

[January MCCC Entry] Lerach, Bane of the Void

Last contest was a lot of fun, so I am going to enter again

Lerach, Bane of the Void

Lore
After the last of the Rune Wars, the denizens of Runeterra enjoyed a long lasting peace. However, the end of Runeterra was near, and some knew of this way before others. During the time of peace, a man named Kassadin explored the ruins of Icathia, a dark and unknown place south of the Great Barrier. There, he learned of a horrible land named the Void, where monstrosities threatened to consume Runeterra. Kassadin was forced to take in some of the alien energies found there in order to survive. Even though Kassadin knew of this place, he didn't know what would come next.

Malzahar was opening a portal to the Void. He traveled to Icathia, and summoned creatures of unknown capability to consume Runeterra once and for all. They took pleasure in this, and soon, the great kingdoms of Demacia, Noxus, and Ionia were no more. Kassadin went to the top of Mount Targon to see if he could summon some warriors to help fight the creatures off. When he arrived, most of the warriors were dead. However, there was one that was determined to survive. Lerach, a warrior of incredible might, was defending the mountain, along with other brave warriors such as Pantheon and Leona. Together, they fought off the horde of creatures, and gave a small beacon of hope for the remaining survivors of the Void invasion.

Base Stats
Health: 447(+75)
Health Regen: 6.5(+0.6)
Mana: 230(+27)
Mana Regen: 6.5(+0.5)
Range: 175
Attack Damage: 54(+3)
Attack Speed: 0.672(+2.7%)
Armor: 16 (+3.5)
Magic Resistance: 30
Movement Speed: 350

Skillset

Passive: Scars of the Fallen
Every time an allied minion is killed within 1000 units of Lerach, he gains bonus damage, based on 5% of his total AD (caps at 5 stacks). Lasts for 5 seconds.

Every time an allied champion is killed within 1000 units of Lerach, he gains bonus damage based on 10% of his total AD and a 10% movement speed boost (this effect does not stack. If another allied champion is killed before the effect is over, the effect resets) Lasts for 10 seconds.

Q: Crippling Slash

Lerach's next basic attack deals 50/75/100/125/150 (+0.5 per attack damage) bonus physical damage and slows the target for 2 seconds.

W: No Remorse
Lerach gains 30%/40%/50%/60%/70% bonus attack speed for 5 seconds. If Lerach kills an enemy champion during this effect, the cooldown of this skill is refreshed.

E: Relentless Charge/Vengeance for the Dead
Lerach charges in a line towards the target location, dealing 40/60/80/100/120 (+0.4 per attack damage) ignoring unit collision while dashing. If Lerach hits an enemy champion while dashing, he stuns them for 1 second and is allowed to cast Vengeance for the Dead

Vengeance for the Dead: Lerach immediately gains his second passive effect, and gains an additional 3%/6%/9%/12%/15% movement speed bonus.

R: Final Stand
Lerach gains both of his passive bonuses (5 stacks for the first passive effect) immediately and gains a shield which blocks 500/650/800 (+5% of health missing) damage and lasts for 10 seconds. The passive bonuses also last for the duration of this effect.

Espy Psyche 01-06-2013 10:39 AM

You desperately need base stats. It looks like you have tried to build a top lane champion. But I don't know how to build/play him without base stats. He could be anywhere from Fiora (squishy melee AD carry) to Garen (tanky bruiser).

I assume Q scales off AD because it deals physical damage. But this should be specified, in either one of these two methods:

50/75/100/125/150 (+0.5 per Attack Damage)
50/75/100/125/150 (+50% Attack Damage)

"+0.5%" makes it look like it deals one half of one percent of Lerach's total AD, so it needs to be either 0.5 per AD, without a percent, or 50%. Probably also saying "additional physical damage" instead of "bonus physical damage" would be better, because using the word "bonus" makes it look like the scaling is based on Bonus Attack Damage instead of Total Attack Damage.

Also, the ultimate should scale off of something. What it scales off of depends on whether you actually want it to scale, and whether you want it to be used at the beginning, middle or end of a fight.

If you don't want it to scale, have it scale off of Ability Power.
If you want it to scale and want it used at the beginning, have it scale off of Current Health.
If you want it to scale and want it used in the middle, have it scale off of Maximum Health.
If you want it to scale and want it used near the end, have it scale off of Missing Health.

W looks somewhat like Fiora's Burst of Speed, but I think it shouldn't consume the passive when used.
E is fine, a targeted dash with an additional effect. But it needs to do damage, and should scale off of Attack Damage. Or, have Vengeance for the Dead deal the damage, if you don't want the damage on the charge to scale. That way you can make it magic damage and scale off Ability Power.

Green Earth Guy 01-06-2013 05:47 PM

Yea, I am going to add base stats soon, just haven't gotten around to it yet. I picture Lerach as a Xin Zhao like champion, so yes, a meele ad carry is what I had in mind.

With the Q, I forgot to put the extra identifier there, and yes, it isn't bonus attack damage, it's additional as well.

I'll probably scale the ultimate off of missing health, because that adds to Lerach's ability as a champ who can clean up fights pretty easily.

For the W, I didn't want it to seem too OP with the refreshing cooldown, so I decided to have the passive bonus go away, but I guess it would be okay now that I look at it. The passive is a small boost anyways, so it shouldn't be too much trouble.

And for the E, I will add damage to the dash.

Thanks for the review :D

Dithreabhach 01-07-2013 07:48 PM

I'm really liking your concept and I look forward to seeing your champion get more fleshed out over the January MCCC. It looks like you have already added a lot of Espy Psyche's suggestions, and as such I really don't have much to offer in the way of critique. However, there are two things I noted which might need to be clarified.

1. I am unsure if it is stated elsewhere, but I do not see the slow percentage on Lerach's Q. I have no problem with the mechanic itself (I had the same idea on my concept), but the amount that the ability slows the champion can either make it useful or downright OP. As such I'd recommend putting a value on it just for clarification purposes.

2. This suggestion is kind of minor, but with him gaining both of his passive effects I would clarify how many stacks that your champ gains from the first passive. I would recommend max stacks since a single stack from a minion kill would seem kind of lack luster on an ultimate. I have the feeling that you had already intended that, but for the sake of clarity I though I should bring it up.

Good luck in the competition, and I look forward to seeing more of your concept!

Green Earth Guy 01-08-2013 12:30 PM

Thanks!
I will put a slow percentage on there when I work out his base stats. Thanks for the reminder though.
Also, yes, I was intending to have 5 stacks kn the first effect for the ult. Just forgot to clarify that.

Thanks again, and best of luck to you as well :D

Green Earth Guy 01-10-2013 04:30 PM

Added base stats.
WIll get to adding mana costs, ranges, and cooldowns soon.