League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Help & Support (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Client crashes right after login (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2973073)

Marzen 01-05-2013 07:36 AM

Client crashes right after login

Howdy. I've putting off making this thread for a while. The game's been crashing for at least a week or two by this point, and I've been trying to fix it myself on and off but couldn't do it often due to internet issues. Now I have more stable internet, and I still can't, so I'm finally bringing it here.

Ok so basically, the update screen works fine. The login screen works fine. After that, the game loads up and then instantly closes out about a second after it loads. The process is still running in the background, but there's no way to retrieve it. It does this every single time. I've deleted the lol_air_client folder a few times to re-update, no dice. The PBE also has the same exact problem.

Exploring the lol_air_client folder, I found logs. The crash produces no other form of logs other than the logs that are found in lol_air_client/releases/0.0.0.229/deploy/logs. The logs have this to say:

Quote:

1/3/2013 20:45:41.632 [WARN] com.riotgames.pvpnet.system.boot.actions.Initializ eIMEAction RiotApplication.initializeIME: Disabling IME support since IME conversion mode not specified.
1/3/2013 20:46:07.382 [WARN] com.riotgames.gameclient.domain.UserPreferencesMan ager Open Shared Properties File Failed: not found at C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\0.0. 0.229\deploy\preferences\shared_Marzen.properties
I've tried several fixes but absolutely nothing works, so I come to you with this. Thank you for your time :D

Marzen 01-05-2013 06:26 PM

Gonna bump this up, cause understandably I'd really like to be able to play again after, like, two weeks.

Marzen 01-06-2013 07:45 AM

Aaaand bump again. Second bump in this thread, and this is the second thread I've made. I bumped that one twice too. Come on, people.

Look, I know there are a lot of threads to go through and a LOT of problems to fix, it IS the most played game these days, but people have looked at these threads. Hell, I got a +1 on my post in the last thread I made on this subject, so obviously people feel my plight. ANY suggestions or even just comments to keep the thread at the top would be greatly appreciated.

Marzen 01-06-2013 01:57 PM

Here's an update: I've done some experimenting into what these .properties files are. They're files that're in the C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\0.0. 0.229\deploy\preferences\ folder. I have one, Marzen.properties. But, after asking another friend about her folder's contents, I see that I am missing a shared_Marzen.properties file. Taking her's didn't work. Copying and renaming my normal one didn't work. And the game seems to refuse to make its own.

It's not just the North America server, either, and it's not my account. I tried using the PBE, no dice. I tried using my smurf, it didn't work. It said I needed Shared_Gargamel64.properties for that, but wouldn't make it. I don't even have a freaking preferences folder in my normal not PBE game anymore, because I've reinstalled four times. FOUR. And deleted the lol_air_client folder more times than that, it's not even making a preferences folder because I'm not really logging in, I guess.

Now, I normally can take ****, but seriously. I've gotten no word, no thought added on, absolutely nothing and I have had the two threads with this issue up for days now. Each bumped frequently because, like I said, I want to play League of Legends. I've used way too much money on this game to just quit it like that. I WANT to give you guys money, but apparently your game doesn't want to be played. It works on other's computers, I can log on there, but not here. Please. Tell. Me. Why.

I also can't freaking understand why literally no one has had my problem before. I googled it, no other thread has my error message. It's astounding.

Marzen 01-06-2013 06:39 PM

Bump

Marzen 01-07-2013 09:58 AM

bump-a-roo

Marzen 01-07-2013 05:22 PM

buuuuuuuuuump

Zaron DarkStar 01-12-2013 08:33 PM

I am having this problem as well. I log in, and as the client interface is loading up it immediately closes/crashes. I have looked for any potential interfering programs and I have re-installed Adobe AIR twice, ran the repair tool twice, and finally re-installed LoL, and it still doesn't work. I am beside myself with frustration. I have the same message in my logs as the OP, and my rads_lol_launcher.log has this to say:

( ERROR)[21:10:41.341] RADS::Common::CRT::fopen_s: No such file or directory
( ERROR)[21:10:41.341] RADS::Common::CRT::fopen_s: ("E:/Program Files/League of Legends/RADS/error_ticket", "rb") failed: No such file or directory
( DEBUG)[21:10:41.341] ErrorTicket::Load: Failed to open error ticket file E:/Program Files/League of Legends/RADS/error_ticket
( DEBUG)[21:10:41.357] wWinMain: left main loop

and maestro-server.log had this to say:

INFO: maestro [server] initializing...
INFO: New thread go!
INFO: Starting Process Thread Spinning
ERROR: Looking for air at LOLCLient.exe to fill in new proc info, but did not find it.
INFO: Using registered HWND: 0 to launch the air client.
INFO: StartProcess [MAESTROPROCESSTYPE_AIR] successful

What is really weird is the game was working fine yesterday and I haven't changed anything in my computer. I believe this started happening right after Riot put those skins on sale, so maybe they introduced some new content in the client that is causing it to crash? Please help us Riot, or anyone out there with an answer!

Zaron DarkStar 01-13-2013 05:59 PM

bump

Substantiate 01-16-2013 02:18 PM

Mine was fixed by installing Java 7 and deleting java 6
Update me whether or not it works