League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So many Cait's lately. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2972876)

Ternce 01-05-2013 04:41 AM

So many Cait's lately.

Why has Cait gotten so popular? She's been in about every game I've played this week.

She see some playtime in a big tournament or something?

Shiny Goggles 01-05-2013 04:44 AM

People realized she's good.
She had a few buffs a while ago, too.

anu mara 01-05-2013 04:45 AM

It's more of a matter of how a good ADC does bad with her(not including myself). Sure you won't do amazing like a vayne late game, or have a chance to dominate from lane like an ezreal(with a bit of feed).

It's just a matter of how do you do horrible.

Silent Hero 01-05-2013 04:45 AM

I think we've all realized from the Ezreal FOTM that people like easy-to-play faceroll ad carries that trade damage for safety. That is why Caitlyn is popular.

Destaice 01-05-2013 04:46 AM

During Season 2 Caitlyn was amazingly good with Taric bot. Picked almost every game.

Then suddenly everyone stopped playing her and the Graves age moved in.

Caitlyn received 0 nerfs and 0 buffs.(when she suddenly fell out of existence) :l I'm just as confused as you are.

Coulombe 01-05-2013 04:46 AM

Caitlyn has the best shot at beating Ezreal.

No pun intended.

PhailRaptor 01-05-2013 04:50 AM

With Statikk Shiv, Cait actually has a steroid late game. The Penetration calculation order change also made her spells far more effective, and now that Supports have so many new toys to play with the ones that synergize with her have more cost effective build options for what they need.

This all on top of the fact that Cait is actually good against Ez.

Red Ryu 01-05-2013 04:53 AM

Hurricane isn't bad on her either if you wanna make her steroids better, not always a pick though.

Shiv is good on her.

BigPatches 01-05-2013 04:54 AM

She's fun and easy.

Rule 34 Janna 01-05-2013 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Hero (Hozzászólás 33174384)
I think we've all realized from the Ezreal FOTM that people like easy-to-play faceroll ad carries that trade damage for safety. That is why Caitlyn is popular.

Cait can be easy. But a good player who knows how to play her elevates her to god status

Theres your average Joe Schmoe who plays Cait. Makes up roughly 75-80% of matches. Basically gets carried by the team. Best case scenario breaks even in K/D/A ratio. Builds her wrong. Completely oblivious as to the range of her Ult, often lets nearby low health enemy champs escape due to poor map awareness.

Then theres the player who actually knows how to play her. Easily carries the entire team. Knows when to ult. Knows how to ult. Knows how to build her. Has great map awareness. This group is small. Very few people are part of this group.