League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Lore Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   can yordles and humans interbreed? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2972417)

Sadistic Lulu 01-04-2013 11:16 PM

can yordles and humans interbreed?

no, really...

so is it ever possible for someone to be half-yordle, half-human?

Meshly 01-04-2013 11:27 PM

My guess, prolly not if the Yorlde is the female.

Lajinn5 01-04-2013 11:41 PM

...We need reds to answer this, this matter is of the utmost importance....
WE SUMMON YOU RIOT

Birdy51 01-05-2013 06:07 AM

I sincerely hope not!

But then again... We do have Shyvana...

1Eredale 01-05-2013 06:47 AM

Well there was that semi-official RP, and there was a guy playing a half-yordle character... so it's just about canon, but not really confirmed.

EpicFrogNinja 01-05-2013 08:36 AM

Yordles and Humans are different species. Different species can't produce fertile offspring.

Then again, we're talking about a world where dragons and people can breed. If even that can happen, I'm pretty sure Yordles work too.

The question is whether the offspring are fertile. Horses and donkeys can breed to make mules, but mules can't produce offspring. So, you have to ask yourself, an Shyvanna have a baby?

EmperorofTortuga 01-05-2013 08:51 AM

well, as based on Charles Darwin's theory of evolution,(PLEASE DO NOT RAGE AT ME IF YOU ARE RELIGIOUS, THIS IS THE ONLY EXAMPLE I HAVE) two specimens are considered different species when they can no longer reproduce with one another. This is why a common ground finch in the Galapagos could not reproduce with other types of finches. Since humans and Yordles are treated as different species, they cannot reproduce.

I DO WANT THIS THOUGH. HEIMERDINGER+VI= KING/QUEEN OF PILTOVER.

EpicFrogNinja 01-05-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmperorofTortuga (Hozzászólás 33176792)
well, as based on Charles Darwin's theory of evolution,(PLEASE DO NOT RAGE AT ME IF YOU ARE RELIGIOUS, THIS IS THE ONLY EXAMPLE I HAVE) two specimens are considered different species when they can no longer reproduce with one another. This is why a common ground finch in the Galapagos could not reproduce with other types of finches. Since humans and Yordles are treated as different species, they cannot reproduce.

I DO WANT THIS THOUGH. HEIMERDINGER+VI= KING/QUEEN OF PILTOVER.

But as I said before. Horses and Donkeys can breed to make Mules. Mules can't breed though. Two speicimens are considered different species when they can no longer produce fertile offspring.

Also Shyvanna exists, so...

EmperorofTortuga 01-05-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EpicFrogNinja (Hozzászólás 33177238)
But as I said before. Horses and Donkeys can breed to make Mules. Mules can't breed though. Two speicimens are considered different species when they can no longer produce fertile offspring.

Also Shyvanna exists, so...

Then, as stated in Charles Darwin's Theory of evolution, Donkeys must be a breed of horse. Also, Shyvana's lore states that she was born of the union of a dragon and a human. It does not say that the two copulated. Maybe she was born because somebody magically combined the two.

DerpyGeth 01-05-2013 01:18 PM

The responses to this thread seem to be all based on science, when the entire LoL universe is fantasy, considering everything that is possible within the LoL universe, who is to say that yordle-human offspring is not possible?