League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Future Feature Discussion: Loss of Control Indicators (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2970200)

Xelnath 01-04-2013 07:55 AM

Future Feature Discussion: Loss of Control Indicators

Hello Summoners,

I'm Xelnath, game systems designer for Riot Games. In a nutshell, I focus on improving systems with a broad impact across all of league of legends, rather than champion or item specific issues. My team improved skill-shot rendering from fog-of-war, added recall and ward icons to the minimap and allowed you to silence players who spam emotes.

Now we're looking further into HUD and UI improvements to better indicate that you are stunned, silenced, feared, rooted, etc.

I'd love to hear your opinions and ideas to improve this feature.

Questions:
  • What information would you like about control impairing effects in League?
  • What information do you feel is the most important to convey?
  • The least?
  • How would you like this information conveyed?
  • Where would you like it to be conveyed?

"Change is good." - Kha'zix

Nøblesse Oblige 01-04-2013 07:56 AM

Are you the same Xelnath that worked for Blizzard?

SteelerKing 01-04-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xelnath (Hozzászólás 33144621)
  • The least?

It'd be very useful to see how long the duration of a CC will still last. So an option to see a CC counter that shows the current duration of the CC is what I have in mind.
It should show above the CC'd characters head.

If there was an indicator somewhere that'd show you by how much time a CC was reduced through CC reduction of any sort, that'd be really great too.

Faceless Voidz 01-04-2013 07:57 AM

How about make the screen flash when you are CC'd?

Different colors for different types.

Like yellow for stun, blue for snare, etc.

Misaka Worst 01-04-2013 07:59 AM

How about make it visible on your skill icons if you're silenced/stunned and such? Like a lock or something placed on your skill bar if you are silenced.

The Crimson King 01-04-2013 08:00 AM

I don't really have any issues with the cc effects being shown as is. I think crowding the hud with more information may do more harm then good.

Ragebeard Manric 01-04-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefHaqua (Hozzászólás 33144702)
How about make it visible on your skill icons if you're silenced/stunned and such? Like a lock or something placed on your skill bar if you are silenced.

That's pretty obtrusive and could cause problems for some people if they're screen started flashing repeatedly (from multiple staggered CC's).

-

Honestly I don't really have trouble seeing if I'm CC'd or not, the visuals are fine. Maybe a sound to accompany them would be a possible improvement, though I don't know if that would just add more clutter. I suppose the stun visual is a bit on the weaker side though, maybe Silence as well (fear is obvious, displacement like knock-ups are obviously seen as well, as are slows).

Teemo Support GG 01-04-2013 08:01 AM

Questions:

How much time is left on someone that has a Control effect on them, for the purpose of chaining them together.
Being able to easily see if a teammate has been controlled.

Durations, and who has it on them!

• The least?
What type of CC it is.

On the screen clearly! Like a zilean time bomb? or just have their champion change color based on what CC is on them, like hourglass changes color of people, turning people a certain color when slowed would be kinda neat.

Over champions heads would be neat.

Rondait 01-04-2013 08:01 AM

Maybe have an X through the abilities you can't use, or have the champion say "I can't do that" if you try to move. Admittingly though, i can see the amount of voice work required.

TheMasterZails 01-04-2013 08:02 AM

I would like some kind of minimap Icon showing wards or traps rather than just a red dot.
I think rather than having the fear stun snare pop up above your head have an option in chat to let you see what is CCing you and for how long it was. I think this would make a difference when players go I was locked down for 10 seconds. and he can look at his chat log or combat log and see who or what locked him down.

For wards you could add a white eye for sight wards and the pink eye for vision wards to minimap. then when your team pings the map to make your team aware of the ward they can see what it was.