League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Is day z worth buying? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2969347)

Chicago 777 01-03-2013 09:44 PM

Is day z worth buying?

Was thinking about it not sure tho.

UrsaMinor 01-03-2013 11:39 PM

I wouldn't get it for myself. I've seen some youtube vids (I was interested in the game) on it and the game seems to move along very slow. It's also pretty buggy. I've heard about latency problems as well. The mod seems to be less about zombie survival and more about PK survival (which is kinda dumb when you can die to some random sniper in one shot, lose everything and then you'd have to gather your stuff all over again).

I'd just wait for the mod to split off into a stand alone game.

That's just my opinion though. You could look past its problems and have lots of fun with it. Lots of people like the mod.

Antarctica 01-03-2013 11:43 PM

I'll give you my experience real quick.

Friends begged me to buy it to play it with them. Bought it. Hated it. They realized they hated it when they went through their "clan-phase". I regret buying it, and I keep that arma 2 shortcut on my desktop to remind myself to make my own damn decisions in the future.

Chicago 777 01-04-2013 12:20 AM

Dam it looked sweet as fuk but I was 2nd guessing myself if I wanted to spend 17$ on it.

Dobagoh 01-04-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicago 777 (Hozzászólás 33138199)
Dam it looked sweet as fuk but I was 2nd guessing myself if I wanted to spend 17$ on it.

Game looks interesting, and I would probably enjoy it for about 10 minutes until I got repeatedly PK'd, causing me to rage more so than solo q'ing LoL Normals.

Einheria Valesti 01-04-2013 12:58 AM

The games developer got in huge trouble very recently for advertising his game as something it wasn't, he said features would be in the game upon release (and shortly after) then those promises fell through. He's in a butt load of legal trouble.
On top of that the game is slow, buggy and not all that fun.

Chicago 777 01-04-2013 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scootãloo (Hozzászólás 33138812)
The games developer got in huge trouble very recently for advertising his game as something it wasn't, he said features would be in the game upon release (and shortly after) then those promises fell through. He's in a butt load of legal trouble.

Wasnt that war z?

Dobagoh 01-04-2013 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scootăloo (Hozzászólás 33138812)

legal trouble? lolololol i call bs

Chicago 777 01-04-2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dobagoh (Hozzászólás 33139957)
legal trouble? lolololol i call bs

i think he's talking about war z cause i heard war z got taken off steam for that reason.

John BIaze 01-04-2013 04:09 AM

Day Z is a great game. It's hardly a game though, more of just... Here are some mechanics, now do whatever the hell you want with them. If you have friends to play with, that's great. If you don't it's going to be fun - maybe more fun. Start with low population servers to gear up, and get used to it, then move into ones that are populated.