League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Locked Camera or no. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2969030)

kLo smile 01-03-2013 07:42 PM

Locked Camera or no.

Hi, im planning to test locked camera when i play ADC's. Could u list pros and cons? thx

Bananaz 01-03-2013 08:10 PM

For one, it makes it harder to see around you in general. In a specific example regarding ADCs, think of Varus. His Q is a skill shot that charges in order to reach max range and damage. With a locked screen, it is very hard to aim the arrow at max range. Keeping the screen unlocked allows you to see just how far it can really go. Another con is purple side in general. If you play in bot lane on purple side, your vision is seriously gimped with a locked screen due to the UI (your spell bar, your inventory, the minimap, etc) and it makes your life a lot harder.

The only pro I can think of with locked screen is that it makes it impossible to lose track of your champion, especially in clustered team fights. That camera stays locked on and you will always know where you are, whereas in unlocked (ESPECIALLY if you aren't used to it) you might lose track of your champion's visual location since your screen might go one direction and your champion another.

If you're used to playing locked, keep your screen unlocked but every now and again, just to feel a little at home, press or hold the spacebar. This will instantly bring the camera to your champion as if it had been locked. If you hold the spacebar, it will "lock" your camera until you let go of the spacebar again. I seriously recommend learning to play with an unlocked screen. Once you get used to it, it will make your life a lot easier.

Hope this helps!

kLo smile 01-03-2013 08:46 PM

thx for ur input

DixxonCyder 01-03-2013 08:50 PM

I'm too old to be worry about moving my screen around. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Cloud Orb 01-04-2013 11:02 AM

Locked don't really have any pros imo, since while unlocked you can still hit spacebar if you lose track of your champ.

SH4D0WS1N 01-04-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirthius (Hozzászólás 33132449)
If you're used to playing locked, keep your screen unlocked but every now and again, just to feel a little at home, press or hold the spacebar. This will instantly bring the camera to your champion as if it had been locked. If you hold the spacebar, it will "lock" your camera until you let go of the spacebar again. I seriously recommend learning to play with an unlocked screen. Once you get used to it, it will make your life a lot easier.!

This SO much. An unlocked screen has many map awareness advantages (things that the mini-map can't tell you too) along with extending your vision past your locked screen's scope. However the space bar is an invaluable tool for keeping track of your champion.

A special note should be a jungler. How would you know which lane would be the best to gank under normal circumstances?

iDpark 01-04-2013 11:10 AM

It's like smartcasting on Ryze. So much better, why wouldn't you? Yeah, it takes getting used to, but it'll help you so much that it's worth getting used to.