League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Teemo's blinding dart and Hydra (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2968409)

Sudki2 01-03-2013 04:12 PM

Teemo's blinding dart and Hydra

Early'er today when i was playing as teemo the enemy trynd was using Revenomus Hydra and when i used blinding dart on him the item "hydra" went trough blinding dart making it easy for him to kill me, Hydra is supposed to "Enhance basic attacks".

StrmCkr 01-03-2013 04:24 PM

blinding dart does not stop on hit effects associated with the attacks, what seems to happen with it is the aoe splash hits you after a basic attack damage.

PhailRaptor 01-03-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrmCkr (Hozzászólás 33125582)
blinding dart does not stop on hit effects associated with the attacks, what seems to happen with it is the aoe splash hits you after a basic attack damage.

This is true, however, if Teemo is the target of the attack, he should not also be hit by the splash riding on the Blinded attack.

Might want to post this on the Bug Reports forum, being as specific as possible.

3mptylord 01-04-2013 01:14 AM

He killed you during blind with Hydra?

Kudos to the guy. He was quick thinking enough to attack minions.

If Hydra is applying while blinded, you should probably report that. But Hydra is splash damage, like Kayle's Righteous Fury. Blind doesn't stop on-hit effects, it only mitigates physical damage, but hydra is physical damage.

Kadajko 01-04-2013 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhailRaptor (Hozzászólás 33130858)
This is true, however, if Teemo is the target of the attack, he should not also be hit by the splash riding on the Blinded attack.

Might want to post this on the Bug Reports forum, being as specific as possible.

Why is this a bug? Why can't it just be a counter for dodges and blinds? AoE is AoE it's purpose is to damage an area, how does an AoE miss the target right in the middle?
It's the same thing with Vi's Excessive force, which doesn't damage the primary target when she is blinded or if the target dodges. You shouldn't be able dodge AoE attacks.
Imo what should happen is that no ON HIT effects should trigger such as crits or frozen mallet procs or red buff or whatever, all of those should not trigger as the primary attack didn't hit, but the area attack should damage all. Blind should exactly stop on hit effects not AoE.

3mptylord 01-04-2013 02:36 AM

It's a misconception that Blind negates attacks - but it doesn't, it only mitigates physical damage.

However, the misconception arises because it's called "blind". Theoretically, EVERYTHING should "miss". On-hit effects AND AOE. Vi's Excessive Force is the same as Kayle's Righteous Fury. It's an on-attack effect, not an on-hit effect. Excessive Force will apply Rylai's and spell vamp to all secondary targets, regardless of whether or not you hit your primary target. The old Tiamat was an on-hit effect, and did not work while blinded. However, I have a suspicion that the new Tiamat is an on-attack effect.

StrmCkr 01-04-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

ive tested this playing fiora vs temo only hitting him while blind with no objects next to splash off of.

splash from hydra/timats will not hit him at all neither does the auto attack ->> in a straight up 1 v 1

when near mionons other objects attacking those targets instead of termo: tiamats/hydra splashed damage onto teemo,

another thing not mentioned is hydras/timats activation can also kill teemo. {not physically attacking just a aoe bomb}

Arcane Azmadi 01-04-2013 09:50 PM

Sure you weren't just hit by the active?

PhailRaptor 01-04-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhailRaptor (Hozzászólás 33130858)

Apparently this was confusing, so I'll elaborate, starting with a question:

Was it an auto-attack directly from Trynd to Teemo that killed Teemo, while Trynd was Blinded?

If Trynd was attacking Teemo directly, then Teemo should not be an eligible target for Tiamat's splash damage. If this was how Teemo died then it's a bug and needs to be fixed.

If Trynd was attacking Teemo, realized he was Blinded, and switched to a nearby minion, then Teemo should have been killed as normal by the splash damage from Tiamat, coming off of the minion to hit Teemo.

If Trynd was swinging away at Teemo while Blinded, then realized he could use the Active effect on Tiamat for the kill, then it is working as intended.

If Trynd used Ignite, the entire question is null and void, because Tiamat splash isn't what killed Teemo -- Ignite is.

StrmCkr 01-04-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Apparently this was confusing, so I'll elaborate, starting with a question:
maybe my testing case/description of my results was more confusing. edited my post perhaps that might help...

Quote:

If Trynd was attacking Teemo directly, then Teemo should not be an eligible target for Tiamat's splash damage. If this was how Teemo died then it's a bug and needs to be fixed.
tested - tryn is blinded in a 1 v 1 against teemo: tryn deals no tiamat / hydra damage and no damage from auto attack onto teemo

Quote:

If Trynd was attacking Teemo, realized he was Blinded, and switched to a nearby minion, then Teemo should have been killed as normal by the splash damage from Tiamat, coming off of the minion to hit Teemo.
this works splash off a near by target kills teemo

Quote:

If Trynd was swinging away at Teemo while Blinded, then realized he could use the Active effect on Tiamat for the kill, then it is working as intended.
this works

Quote:

If Trynd used Ignite, the entire question is null and void, because Tiamat splash isn't what killed Teemo -- Ignite is.
lulz, and also works...