League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   In-Game HUD Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Pick Role before Champ Select? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2968348)

Burasta 01-03-2013 03:56 PM

Pick Role before Champ Select?

1 Attachment(s)
So this is an idea I've had, and I don't know how well it'd play out since I'm only human and can't think of every angle, but here it is in a nut shell:

You click to join queue. Before you're put into the queue, a little pop-up comes up with different roles. "Support/Jungle/ADC/Top/Mid/et cetera". You select the role you want to fill, and you can then select the type of team comp you want. Say you wanna play meta and just have the 5 I put in the e.g. above. You tick those 5 boxes on the "Team Comp" category. That way you don't end up in ranked queue with three junglers and two supports that are all solo-queue-ing.

There could also be an "other" selection for people who don't really fit anywhere else, though I'm sure with enough brainstorming, you could water it down into a role.

I understand that people should be able to fill multiple roles, and that's fine and dandy... But there's a lot of times I don't play ranked games because I have no idea what kind of team composition I'm going to have, and I'm not in the mood or mindset to play something other than X.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Implements? xD

So it'd look kinda like this, except done by professionals, not a nerd in Paint:

Chaos Mavrek 01-04-2013 03:04 PM

love it, riot do it, do it, do it!

DementedLord 01-04-2013 06:03 PM

A look into the future. 3 hours of waiting for one game just because no one wants to play supp

Alkein 01-04-2013 09:52 PM

like world of warcraft dungeon finder all over again, waiting on those supports....

Burasta 01-05-2013 12:48 PM

Well, if you didn't wanna wait for a support, you could check "other" or some other role for your fifth where others would check support instead! =D

But I play support pretty exclusively, so maybe that why I didn't think "Hey, is there a support deficit?"

EDIT** And also, the "Team Roles" can be a guideline, not a necessity.... But it would be able to prevent, say, 3 ADCs from getting matchmade together. Or (as has happened ot me before) 2 supports in one game. (Since apparently, there are other games with nobody wanting to support. =[ )

Bwuk Im Ross 01-31-2013 11:08 PM

tank isnt a role IMO but i like the idea. check a couple roles u want to play and it matches u up with a team once it is complete, the pre game lobby will tell u what role u are )eg, if u checked mid, top pre game lobby might tell u that ur mid, but you still can SWAP with anyone if they want to aswell, not just because ur a higher pick.)

Logikos 02-01-2013 05:37 AM

This sounds pretty amazing it might make some people wait a little longer for a que but at least you can get in a match and have it be your best position to play. because there are all those times when you want to play adc or top but get stuck jungling or in mid and your not so good at those spots at all. which will make your team pissed when they don't get ganks or if you feed mid. you will prolly lose the match. So I firmly agree with this idea Nice.

Errantgod 02-02-2013 09:30 AM

Good idea