League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   So how do you deal with Singed? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2966034)

Togekiss24 01-02-2013 08:09 PM

So how do you deal with Singed?

To start off, here is what I at least know about Singed:

1) Before he gets Catalyst he is pretty vulnerable and a lot easier to kill

2) You never chase him because the HP regen of his Ult is massive and the poison trail does decent damage over time

3) He is a bit of a hyper tank that can become insanely hard to take down once he gets his core items.

4) He has ridiculous lane control abilities, and leaving him alone with a creep wave will sometimes result in a lane pushed straight to your tower.

What champions work well against singed? Don't give me Teemo, because he adds nothing to the teamfight phase. What strategy should I use in laning against a singed? Should I try to deny farm as much as possible or play passive-agressive? What do Signed players commonly build in runes/masteries? I feel that while I have survived singed lanes before, I could never stop him from getting to his god-status during mid/late game, and the durability he gets due to his passive and ultimate is scary. What should I do?

Azellos 01-02-2013 08:19 PM

I have to say that singed is one of my least favorite tops to go against- he's one of the most unkillable and yet scary champs to face mid/late game when he gets farmed. Meanwhile, he dominates the lane if he isnt shut down early.

You really have to play aggressive vs singed. Push the lane even harder than him, trade smartly/better, and call for jungle ganks (not even in that order- if your jungler's signed on to gank, then you dont have to push). It's a lot harder for singed to come back than it is for other champs- abuse that.

AngryFlames 01-02-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Togekiss24 (Hozzászólás 33099167)
To start off, here is what I at least know about Singed:

1) Before he gets Catalyst he is pretty vulnerable and a lot easier to kill

2) You never chase him because the HP regen of his Ult is massive and the poison trail does decent damage over time

3) He is a bit of a hyper tank that can become insanely hard to take down once he gets his core items.

4) He has ridiculous lane control abilities, and leaving him alone with a creep wave will sometimes result in a lane pushed straight to your tower.

What champions work well against singed? Don't give me Teemo, because he adds nothing to the teamfight phase. What strategy should I use in laning against a singed? Should I try to deny farm as much as possible or play passive-agressive? What do Signed players commonly build in runes/masteries? I feel that while I have survived singed lanes before, I could never stop him from getting to his god-status during mid/late game, and the durability he gets due to his passive and ultimate is scary. What should I do?

You hurt teemo's feelings :'(

Well you could use teemo. Just use your blinding dart whenever hes in range+ a couple of toxic auto attacks and W away. Keep doing that during
the laning phase. As in teamfights build differently, don't build glass cannon AP teemo because you will get owned in team fights like you said. Go for some hybrid AP/AD items that has good defense as well as dps such as wits end; hextech gunblade, frozen mallet, guardian angel or maw of malmortius and perhaps a guardian angel if it is needed. If he is a bit tanky you could use blade of the ruined King

If you don't like teemo you could use champions with hard and soft cc (stuns fears taunts) and (silences, blinds, debuffs) and also to kite and harass him.

http://www.championselect.net/champ/Singed for more information

And try to play aggressive with him towards the beginning harassing him and denying him xp, farm making it harder for him to catch up later on. Oh and never chase singed unless you wanna die to poison trail

Dehorn 01-02-2013 09:03 PM

try gangplank, ranged farming/harass, cleanse/heal, ms buff and global aoe ult for teamfights

Togekiss24 01-02-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dehorn (Hozzászólás 33100700)
try gangplank, ranged farming/harass, cleanse/heal, ms buff and global aoe ult for teamfights

Not a bad call, but a bit mana-hungry in the beginning. Thanks for everyone's advice.

Failethe 01-03-2013 04:38 AM

Darius does very well vs singed. Even when singed is fed the pull darius has allows him to close the gap on singed. And since darius has very bursty damage he can take singed out pretty effectively. Essentially, you want to play heroes that are bursty and aren't required to stay on their target to kill them. So jax gets roflstomped by singed but someone like darius can burst him down and vlad can poke him to death since he doesn't use mana and can stay at range.

Cenerae 01-03-2013 08:22 AM

Anyone that can play aggressively can give Singed a hard time.

Champs that can clear the wave easily are also good picks - even if Singed gets to the point where he's farming the wave at your next tower and leaving you at the first one, there won't be any point to him doing it because you can easily farm all the minions by yourself. Riven, for example. And then you just wait for your team to come and get him because he's being cocky and yet not even putting a dent on your tower for it, then kill him.

Madraac 01-03-2013 09:35 AM

Volibear - if only because it is quite funny seeing a dual flip if you accidently time it right. Other wise it is not really viable with regards to sustaining in lane and more of a joke.

Gangplank does work well to counter him as does ChoGath. the idea of bursty damage, CC or escape moves, are both key. However, all you are doing is delaying the inevitable in terms of him becoming effective late game. The issue is that normally people see a low health Singe and try to get a free kill versus maintaining focus on the carries. Make sure to call out the kill order so everyone is aware, as you will be surprised how often people do not follow what "should" be done. (It is why I love using Exhaust as it turns the target into the autofocus by your team 90% of the time.)

Thorston13 01-03-2013 12:29 PM

Singed is killed by cc.

If you see him top grab rumble, your harpoons will tazer him down to hell, he won't be able to regen your damage even with his regen.
The thing about singed is that he has really great regen, but you do consistent damage with enough cc he dies.
Rumble might be he most straight forward counter.

Professor 1337 01-03-2013 01:03 PM

I love playing Singed top and I can tell u from exp, GP is not good to fight him you'll run out of mana trying to poke him out, Rumble is strong vs singed though prolly 1 of your better options, Kayle, Darius, Vladimir aer other strong champions