League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New to ez (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2964892)

Devoit 01-02-2013 02:38 PM

New to ez

Is he really this easy? I don't usually adc, I love casters, and have gotten used to skill shots via champs like Lux and Ahri. Played a beg bots game to get the ropes went 21/0/8, didn't think much of it.

To my amazement, with my gf playing support janna I've been doing pretty damn well in normals. 10/8/3 first try with a loss on our end, didn't think much of it, just a bad game, wanted to work on dying less XD Next game comes around same support, ended up going 19/3/13, rushing Bf sword, and then going for that triforce, followed by BT. Game after that went 4/2/0 during a very stale laning phase, the other team surred at 20 due to other teammates getting awful fed. Then, 9/2/9, followed by 25/5/11.

Build tends to stay the same, triforce, BT, IE, and grieves of course. But is he really this easy, or did I just find an adc that I synergize well with?

Cspence1395 01-02-2013 02:52 PM

honestly he really is just that easy. xD

ultimatetinkle 01-02-2013 02:55 PM

There is a reason he is one of the most popular champs. (Source lolking)

Lord Puppy Fury 01-02-2013 04:34 PM

If you're already good at skill shots and used to playing a high mobility champ like Ahri, it's probable you've got a lot of the fundamental needed for Ezreal down already hence he's "easy." He also has an extremely strong if not the strongest early game of the ADCs and can make good use of the damage boost from Janna's shield since his Q has 100% scaling. Plus, never underestimate the value of having an ADC and support in communication with each other.

Where you'll find trouble is if you don't dominate your lane early, either through CS or kills. Ez will have a hard time catching up since he'll gradually fall off too. Late game, he lacks Vayne's innate shred and Kog, Tristana, and Cait's range. There's nothing wrong with late game Ez, but there comes a point where he just can't quite keep up with some of his peers.

Warrrrax 01-03-2013 09:15 AM

I recently unlocked Ezreal and went from being a worthless noob to a skilled ninja! Good stuff!

Azellos 01-03-2013 09:25 AM

Ez is an easy champ to learn.

But he's worth a lot more if you learn how to use him WELL. His Q can kill an enemy bot lane by itself, his ability to kite is almost unrivaled if he is played well, and using his ult well (instead of wasting it like many nubs do as ezreal) can easily net you double/triple kills.

Cenerae 01-03-2013 09:32 AM

Ez is actually difficult to use well. People say he's an 'easy' champ but he's not. If you're good with skillshots and good with AD carries then you'll learn him quickly. If you're bad with skillshots, you won't get much out of him. Someone like Graves may work better.

Trinity force is a very overrated item on Ezreal, by the way. If you want the Sheen passive, iceborn gauntlet (or whatever it's called, I forget the name) is a hundred times better since you can kite all day with it.

lolconk 01-03-2013 11:26 AM

Hes easy agaisnt bad teams that allow you to kite them with Q during laning. VS a blitz-vayne lane for example you might cry because of nuking power.

I recommend dorans blade - zerker boots - BT - sheen as core. Early BT means early high dmg ults. Then usually triforce next unless you face armor problem that early, then go LW before triforce. If no armor problem get IE before LW. Finish with GA.

Devoit 01-03-2013 04:53 PM

Only reason why I've built triforce was its cause I've seen the pro's do in S2. I saw the mechanic behind it and just went with it. One thing I had that a hard choice to make was what part to build first, tried zeal, then went with Phage, which it gave AD, a possible slow, and health. Seemed to work, then tried Iceborn Gauntlet, pretty nifty passive must say, the match I was able to try it was in a lane versus a Nidalee and Draven, with a Vi as my lane partner. Pretty stale laning phase with lots of last hitting, hiding behind minions, and lots of B. Any tips for a poke lane like this?

RivenxExile 01-04-2013 07:24 AM

The way i like to see Ezreal played imo is straight AD. A lot of people ask me "AP or AD" I usually say AD but that's only because that's what i learned with him on. Going Hybrid is ok and that's where i can always see TF being nice, but sticking to one solid tactic makes building and dominating a lot more simple by my standards. Like had been stated earlier, if you don't get fed or CS well, Ez does tend to stray far away from the damage spectrum and just really does nothing. Had a game recently where i was lacking in the CS's with him because the enemy was being quite aggressive in lane and overextending, and by the time i got my Trueshot Barrage and was trying to catch stragglers trying to run away my Ult did next to nothing? Why? because of my early game lack of consistency in living up to my title of "ADC"