League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   At DQ and Round girl; the study (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2964827)

Jesus the Friend 01-02-2013 01:09 PM

At DQ and Round girl; the study

(accidentally posted this in champion feedback, EPIC FAIL)
A long time ago, in a forum thread far far away... DQ and Round girl were arguing against me, that fat chicks are just as likely to be successful and/or marry successful partners as non-uggo/chunky women. I knew I had read a study somewhere but I couldn't remember where, what it was called or who were the authors.

IN.
YOUR.
FACES!

(Like 10 months later lol)

Quote:

Previous research on the effect of body mass on economic outcomes has used a variety of methods to mitigate endogeneity bias. We extend this research by using an older sample of U.S. individuals from the PSID. This sample allows us to examine age-gender interactive effects. Through sibling-random and fixed effects models, we find that a one percent increase in a woman's body mass results in a .6 percentage point decrease in her family income and a .4 percentage point decrease in her occupational prestige measured 13 to 15 years later. Body mass is also associated with a reduction in a woman's likelihood of marriage, her spouse's occupational prestige, and her spouse's earnings. However, consistent with past research, men experience no negative effects of body mass on economic outcomes. Age splits show that it is among younger adults where BMI effects are most robust, lending support to the interpretation that it is BMI causing occupational outcomes and not the reverse.

Basically, if you're a morbidly obese woman(I.e. fat), you are going to be less successful.
You are going to marry a poor man.
If you can find a man to marry your fat arse.
You are going to be a loser.
That is what this study is saying, well, not in so many words, but basically yeah.
So ladies, get on those treadmills, we don't want to see those rolls of fat.
Chop chop

Mere Intricacy 01-02-2013 01:11 PM

Interesting.

SummerDaze 01-02-2013 01:29 PM

Whos DQ?

vcadoda 01-02-2013 01:40 PM

I would like to ask what is the sample size

John BIaze 01-02-2013 01:43 PM

Man, that's some heavy stuff.

Mere Intricacy 01-02-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesus the Friend (Hozzászólás 33086218)

Basically, if you're a morbidly obese woman(I.e. fat), you are going to be less successful.

No it's not.
It's saying statistically morbidly obese women are less successful.

Jesus the Friend 01-02-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mere Intricacy (Hozzászólás 33088532)
No it's not.
It's saying statistically morbidly obese women are less successful.

Lol, obviously not ALL ChubChunks will be unsuccessful/unmarried/married to poor or loser guys.

It's a study, not an absolute law of unbreakability.

However, the study indicates that each % of BMI, statistically speaking, decreases a woman's success, marriage, marry successful men.

I.e. butt fugly fat women will not be as successful as slender, attractive women.

Mere Intricacy 01-02-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesus the Friend (Hozzászólás 33088802)
I.e. butt fugly fat women will not be as successful as slender, attractive women.

Statistically.

You keep omitting that from your summaries.

Quision 01-02-2013 02:37 PM

Correlation != Causation

SummerDaze 01-02-2013 02:40 PM

whos DQ